Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New: Dictionary German - English

Go down 
+4
Philter4
Kikimalou
schleich61
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

New: Dictionary German - English Empty
PostSubject: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 am

Hi Friends,

sometimes you maybe find german words on this site that you don´t understand. Several times i find english words i must search for. As a little help i have made a link to a very good dictionary on the top of this site.

Schleichtiersammler

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 am

Vielen dank, Torben!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 am

Merci beaucoup Torben Laughing
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:20 am

Great idea, thanks, my problem is the translation program I use, for instance it tries to translate the word Schleich and I don't know why but when that word comes up it is usually translated as Slow. Once in a while it has a second word in it's place but I don't remember that word off the top of my head.

Again, your site has some excelent features and I hope it grows and grows as it is becoming one of my favorites to visit. I can't thank you enough for putting the time and effort into it.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am

Again, your site has some excelent features and I hope it grows and grows as it is becoming one of my favorites to visit. I can't thank you enough for putting the time and effort into it.[/quote]

same here
thanks torben
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Now that was a good idea Torben!
Specially for those people who have English as their native language, and for the other people who have problems with their English maybe.

Hi Phil.
The word Schleich is actually nothing in the German language, only the brand we all know to my knowledge.
But there is a verb, and that is schleich-en, which means storking, or go stealthy.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:51 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Now that was a good idea Torben!
Specially for those people who have English as their native language, and for the other people who have problems with their English maybe.

Hi Phil.
The word Schleich is actually nothing in the German language, only the brand we all know to my knowledge.
But there is a verb, and that is schleich-en, which means storking, or go stealthy.
Isn't Schleich the sir-name of the person who founded it?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 am

Schleich is the family name of the founder indeed.

But i think it is not in the family hands anymore.

Perhaps a handy website for translation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i use it a lot because of dyslexia, i can translate in both german and English, but somtimes i can not write it down, that site helps me a lot.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:19 am

Yes, i think you are right in that Zwartvoet.

There are many good sites for translations by the way.

Dislexia is a problem that occurs more and more these days, as many years ago, this was not known to people, and not recognized as so.
My very best friend has the same problem, and he really suffers from it sometimes.
In basic school, he was thought to be dumm, although he was actually very intelligent.
For this he never got his high-school diplom, which was common for people with this problem in those days.
He can read, but slower as other people.
But in difficult language, using difficult words, he gets into trouble.
And he writes, like he hears the words, which is funny for other people sometimes, but not for him.
He needs help with every piece of official paperwork, and he doesn't like that of course.
A 1.96 m big guy from 140 kgs doesn't want help for anything from anybody normally, and that hurts him of course.
Good that this problem is recognized finally, buth it is still hard to make other people understand what this means for your life...
Bu this means, that i have to keep double administrations, keep to computers updated and clean and much more...
But hey, thats where friends are for, isn't it...
And by the way, he has other skills i don't have, so he can help me with other things.
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:40 am

in Basic school they just tought that i needed a little more help, they gave it. So it took till my second year of secondairy school to find out that i have dyslexia.

It was just in time, at the end of that year i had to chose wich level i wanted to do on school.

There are different levels of dyslexia, i am glad that mine is not so bad, i am used to things now sice 5 years and that helps. Dyslexia is reconised on schools and as a disability, there are different techniques to test people for it. That was not common years ago.

I know that every paper that i write will be checked by my mother, sice i go to university my brother likes to look at it too. That helps a lot with positive results. I am glad that someone helps me, Willy, I think that your friend is happy too with your help, but ofcourse everyone with dyslexia would like it to go away.

I have chosen a study with a lot of writing and reading, i have survived the first 6 months with good results. It takse a lot of time, i can not work during my study but it is worth it, i wanted history for a long time.

I am used to live with dyslexia, it will never go away, but i will never let it defeat me. Things that i want will be possible, although it can cost more time.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Yes, you are from a newer generation then my friend, and that helped you of course.
Good that you have help to, and the courage to do heavier studies, because you have to work harder then people that don't have dislexia.
Way to go, and the good attitude!
Always stay positive, that will bring you further in life!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yes, you are from a newer generation then my friend, and that helped you of course.
Good that you have help to, and the courage to do heavier studies, because you have to work harder then people that don't have dislexia.
Way to go, and the good attitude!
Always stay positive, that will bring you further in life!

Willy is right here Swartvoet !
But please little kitty, when you will be as older, in 31 years or so, try to avoid bearing such a beard lol!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 am

Did you mean the beard as on Clarence the crossed-eyed lion from Daktari on my avatar Kiki? Rolling Eyes
In that case, i really hope that that kitty doesn't get it indeed! Cool
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:23 am

thanks Willy! i will not give up, just because of my dyslexia! I will only make no secret of it

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Did you mean the beard as on Clarence the crossed-eyed lion from Daktari on my avatar Kiki? Rolling Eyes

The cat on my avatar is almost 4 years now, she is a halflong haired cat Holy birman. She has some kind of a beard but not so long as the lion on Willy's picture.

I like this picture still, i think that she was about 12 weeks old when my brother took it.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

Zwartvoet wrote:
thanks Willy! i will not give up, just because of my dyslexia! I will only make no secret of it

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

The cat on my avatar is almost 4 years now, she is a halflong haired cat Holy birman. She has some kind of a beard but not so long as the lion on Willy's picture.

I like this picture still, i think that she was about 12 weeks old when my brother took it.

She's a very cute little cat.
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Zwartvoet wrote:

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

thanks! yes she is, Although she has stolen my chair to use as her bed cat so i have to sit on my bed behind my pc. lol!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:45 am

Zwartvoet wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Zwartvoet wrote:

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

thanks! yes she is, Although she has stolen my chair to use as her bed cat so i have to sit on my bed behind my pc. lol!
Same with mine, when I get up off my chair she jumps on so I have to sit on the very edge or pick her up and put her on my lap. She is a short hair tabby cat, nine years this year. She's on my lap at the moment actaully!
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Zwartvoet wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Zwartvoet wrote:

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Same with mine, when I get up off my chair she jumps on so I have to sit on the very edge or pick her up and put her on my lap. She is a short hair tabby cat, nine years this year. She's on my lap at the moment actaully!

that souns like a nice cat to. Mine woke me up this morning at eight o clock when my alam was about nine. She likes to sit on my lap, but when she has te chance she will steal the chair for her own use, and only hers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New: Dictionary German - English   New: Dictionary German - English Empty

Back to top Go down

New: Dictionary German - English
Page 1 of 1