Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino

Go down 
+6
Kikimalou
Roger
lucky luke
HKHollinstone
widukind
apichartu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
apichartu

apichartu

Country/State : Thailand

New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino Empty
PostSubject: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:29 pm

This is photo of gaur that I took at "Khao Kheow" open zoo in Thailand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is NewRay Gaur in my collection.

Side by side compare with Britains Plastic Gaur

Gaur is my wish list that I hope it will be in future product under major brands (Schleich, Papo, CollectA, Mojo, etc.). Rolling Eyes  bounce  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:50 pm

A very nice and interesting animal!!! I have not know that NewRay have a gaur. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 pm

I didn't know Britains made a Gaur! The Newray is nice too! bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Congratulations on these beautiful Gaur Ney-ray cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am

Congratulations for your new New Ray gaur and also for your old Britains gaur. The 2nd is in my wish list! :)
Nice picture from a real gaur! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 am

Congratulation Very Happy I never heard about that NewRay gaur... A great find cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:42 am

Now I know NewRay created one!!

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:19 am

As far as brands, with all do respect to Britain's, "Anna" Gaur is still the BEST!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:52 pm

They are wonderful cheers

I did not know that there WERE any gayrs on the matket, and you have TWO Shocked

Do you know how old they are ?

Thankyou very, very much for sharing flower sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
apichartu

apichartu

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I bought Britain Gaur from "Hamleys" toy store in London around 13 years ago. Shocked

While NewRay Gaur was in box set that I bought in my country, Thailand, around 4 years ago. Neutral

Agree with baltimore zoo, Anna gaur is the best with high details Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:43 pm

apichartu wrote:
I bought Britain Gaur from "Hamleys" toy store in London around 13 years ago. Shocked

While NewRay Gaur was in box set that I bought in my country, Thailand, around 4 years ago. Neutral

Agree with baltimore zoo, Anna gaur is the best with high details Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Was any other animals in this set?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I also agree with BZ, which Ana's figure is not the best??? Anyway those you showed are also very interesting. I hope to find the Britains one day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:54 am

Of course, you can't compare Ana's work with these 2 guys, but the Britains was the first there was in the 1980's... Rolling Eyes
I didn't knew that New Ray made a copy of the Britans model, but as they stopped producing wildlife, it was obvious that some company would show up with a model from this mould... Laughing

apichartu

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:20 pm

widukind wrote:
apichartu wrote:

Sorry that I cannot remember which animals were in the box set after unpack. Due to most of them duplicated with my other NewRay collection such as giraffe, zebra, african rhino, hippo, elephant, etc. One box set had one unique/large size figure like this gaur. Another box set also had one large size of Indian Rhino. See its picture below.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:23 pm

apichartu wrote:
widukind wrote:
apichartu wrote:

Sorry that I cannot remember which animals were in the box set after unpack. Due to most of them duplicated with my other NewRay collection such as giraffe, zebra, african rhino, hippo, elephant, etc. One box set had one unique/large size figure like this gaur. Another box set also had one large size of Indian Rhino. See its picture below.

Thank you very much. Also not special species for me that only produceed by NewRay. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
apichartu

apichartu

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Of course, you can't compare Ana's work with these 2 guys, but the Britains was the first there was in the 1980's... Rolling Eyes
I didn't knew that New Ray made a copy of the Britans model, but as they stopped producing wildlife, it was obvious that some company would show up with a model from this mould... Laughing
After compare Britains & NewRay Gaur mould, I think NewRay didn't copy from Britains. They're totally difference. Especially the shoulder, neck & legs.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 pm

What a beautyful Rhino Shocked cheers

If ever you have time, is it possible for you to show us your collection of New-Ray figueres ?
I only know the smal ones that are on a sort of "base" . scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for showing the rhino. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 am

I saw some copy's through the 43 years of my collecting... Laughing
I am pretty sure they used the Britains mould, they just look to similar.
They only changed some parts of the animal to not get in any problems i guess, that is nothing new to... Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino   New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino Empty

Back to top Go down

New-Ray gaur and Indian rhino
Page 1 of 1