Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indian Gaur Bull

Go down 
+16
Roger
lucky luke
Sergey
WILLYBACOMAN
zbyszek
Lasersword1973
Gabe
Ana
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Philter4
Kikimalou
Yurumi
Wildheart
Admin
Berlinzoo954
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share some pics of a Gaur Bull with you. Another popular ungulate, and a real Giant in life and in miniature.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Danny,

thats really a incredible animal, in life and in miniature. Thanks for the picture.

Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Very nice guy!Is it going to be on your zoo? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Thank you Torben, i'm happy you like it, you know the first time i was able to see this animal in real life was in Berlin Zoo, not sure if they keep it still.

Wildheart is part of the zoo model :) yes, and since the zoo has not officially opened "going to be" is correct
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Great news!Can you share more photos of the zoo,please!I am soooooooo eager!
Like a close-up virtual tour,with many deetails! elephant
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:30 pm

You can be sure, that as soon as i have at least one section completed i will share many pics, even HD videos to get that virtual tour feel, but for now all i have is hundreds of boxes full of items, materials and structures halfway completed.

I'm hoping to finish a section of the zoo very soon, it has changed in my mind and physically many times, but i think i'm heading in the right direction now.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Ohh!Sounds nice!How many sections does it have? 🐰
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Well i'm not 100% sure yet of how many sections the final model will have, it will come down to space at the end, but i will expand as much as i can.

For now i'm trying to build a section including the Zoo Entrance gates walls, a section of the street outside the zoo, with some vehicles, including a tour bus outside.
The Asian Theme restaurant matching the Gates will be included since that is one structure that is finished for the most part, minus some interior detail, all the paths, monuments and landscape sections leading to at least 6 exhibits, and minor structures like vending Kiosks and restrooms.

That will be the best description of what i'm planing for the first section, and hopefully i can add a section every year after that or at least work on it.

Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 pm

So a whole section is almost a smaller zoo,each section leading to a bigger & better momma zoo,so that in the end you will amaze us beyond recognition!
bom
Good plan!
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Once again a wonderful model, it is amazing how really your animal models look lifelike. One senses in which Gaur Bull the size and strength/power. Thanks for showing cheers !
I'm also very curious about your incredible zoo project Very Happy bounce Very Happy. It is absolutely fantastic!
BG
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Very beautiful and powerful gaur Danny Very Happy .

Before we can see some pics of the zoo, i have a request : Could you put a Schleich human or something everybody knows, like a lighter, with your models so we could see the real size ?
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:46 am

Fantastic model Danny, such an impressive animal and it will be a great addition to the zoo.

Kiki, I have not seen the figure in life, but it is in 1:12 scale so it should be somewhere between 6 and 7 inched high at the shoulder and about 10 inches for the head and body length, these are massive animals and I believe the largest of the wild cattle. Danny can tell you more, but my impression is that he it is a huge figure.

Congratulations Danny, very cool animal and a perfect sculpture
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 am

Thank you Ralph, Kiki and Phil. I will do that for sure, i will take some pics of a couple of schleich figures with the models.

But Phil is right, it is a massive figure compared to any of the schleich models, 1:12 scale as you know is a large scale, and this animal is as big as they come, next stop for the zoo is a pair of Hippo's, a much bigger animal. Not sure on the pose for the female yet, but the pose for the male Hippo bull will be a full display, mouth wide open.
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:49 am

"So a whole section is almost a smaller zoo,each section leading to a bigger & better momma zoo,so that in the end you will amaze us beyond recognition!"

Yeah you could say that, especially since most zoo dioramas do not aim to be a real representation of a zoos collection, this idea is that this one will be just as detail and diverse as any top world class zoo.

Most of the exhibits in the first section will be mixed species exhibits, so there will be a number of animal species in each one, for example i have been drawing the design for a walk thru lemur exhibit, that i should start building very soon, as the artists finish with other projects.

The biggest thing is that each exhibit has to be worked in detail, so each one takes hundreds of items to put together and still there will allways be improvements and detail added, just like in a real zoo, i could keep on adding landscape and accesories as it goes on.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 am

The Gaur Bull is magnificent Danny, beautiful! I too am really looking forward to seeing your zoo. sunny

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

Thank you Ralph, Kiki and Phil. I will do that for sure, i will take some pics of a couple of schleich figures with the models.

But Phil is right, it is a massive figure compared to any of the schleich models, 1:12 scale as you know is a large scale, and this animal is as big as they come, next stop for the zoo is a pair of Hippo's, a much bigger animal. Not sure on the pose for the female yet, but the pose for the male Hippo bull will be a full display, mouth wide open.

I'm sure it is bigger and massive, I can imagine it but... I want to see it cheers
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Beautiful gaur Danny. I can only imagine what your zoo will look like. Some of your photos can make us only dream of doing something like this. Maybe when you finish we can plan a reunion to come see your zoo.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Danny, the model of gaur is very beautiful, just AMAZING Very Happy Very Happy Thank You for showing photos, and like other friends from forum I can't wait to see some more cyclops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Thank you Amy, Harriet and Ana, i'm very happy that you like the Gaur, he will have a special place in the zoo, with its lady friend of course, the female is allways very important in every species, he could die of sadness if he was to live alone, but as big as he is he might have to for a bit.

Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

Thank you Amy, Harriet and Ana, i'm very happy that you like the Gaur, he will have a special place in the zoo, with its lady friend of course, the female is allways very important in every species, he could die of sadness if he was to live alone, but as big as he is he might have to for a bit.

Females females... we would have been lost without them! clown

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:11 am

That's a wonderful Indian Gaul Bull model, Danny. cheers I am such a big fan of your collections. And me, myself, is also very excited to see your true to life Zoo model. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Super model. It looks so majestic dignity. We wish you success in the construction of dioramas and look forward to the final result which will present the forum.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:10 am

What a majectic and terrific model of a gaur Danny! cheers
It is one of my all-time favourite animals anyway, and to see a great model like this of this animal is just fantastic! Very Happy
And like everybody here, we are impatient to see the pics of your zoo, as i am for about 2 years i think(although i saw some drawings and idea's from before...) Rolling Eyes

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 am

Yurumi wrote:
Once again a wonderful model, it is amazing how really your animal models look lifelike. One senses in which Gaur Bull the size and strength/power. Thanks for showing cheers !
I'm also very curious about your incredible zoo project Very Happy bounce Very Happy. It is absolutely fantastic!
BG

...Yeah, I,m agree! Nice model! Gaur is #1 in the "wish-list top" of our friend Kiryuha! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:48 am

Thank you for sharing, model really interesting and well done, collector we eagerly await the release of a gaur Indian who could take pride of place with our other cattle in our windows.
And look beautiful, Danny the first pictures of your Zoo. cyclops cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indian Gaur Bull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian Gaur Bull   Indian Gaur Bull Empty

Back to top Go down

Indian Gaur Bull
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next