Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)

Go down 
+12
Kiryuha
lucky luke
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
Mastiffcat
Kikimalou
landrover
HKHollinstone
Sergey
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 07:06

Cool fish, my last neon was eating yesterday by a silver shark my dad put in, I had a bad feeling about that shark.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:08

Ohhhh, Willy Shocked

That is the mos beautyful aquarium I have ever seen in my life Shocked Very Happy sunny Very Happy Shocked
Like Kiry says, it would be wonderful to just sit and look for hours on end....
Every day, - I would not get anything done if I had an aquarium like that, - you are a true fishtank-artist cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 21:14

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Great stuff Sergey!
I know all of this stuff very good of course, as i am the member with the most fishtanks around here. Cool
But these aquarium grotto's as you call them, are quit expensive here. Shocked
But when i saw them the first time, i immediatly saw the possibilities for displaying my models, and for a model zoo.
In fact they are better for that, then for use in a fishtank, as they do look not to natural enough for me...
But for the fish it doesn't matter, they don't see the difference between these grotto's, natural grotto's, a coconut-shelf or a little flowerpot, but i like to make settings as natural as possible.
Here an example how my livingroomtank looks at the moment, the pic is not very sharp, sorry...
The pic was taken in october this year, it resambles a South-America Amazon biotop...

Wow! The beautiful underwater "jungle landscape" Willy!! cheers cheers cheers

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 16:12

Sergey wrote:
It,s my recomendation for using Aquarium Grotto as "natural landscape"... Wink Laughing
I followed your recommendation and bought a pair of aquarium (or terrarium) caverns for my shelves. They fit perfectly with the animals! I'll take some pics for evidence.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 18:01

Your Aquarium is beautiful Willy! Lovely and interesting for your fish cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 21:43

Kiryuha wrote:
Sergey wrote:
It,s my recomendation for using Aquarium Grotto as "natural landscape"... Wink Laughing
I followed your recommendation and bought a pair of aquarium (or terrarium) caverns for my shelves. They fit perfectly with the animals! I'll take some pics for evidence.

Yeah! bounce bounce Pics! Pics! bounce bounce bounce Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2011, 10:12

Thank you all for the compliments guys!
I can name a lot of species here, but pics say more then only names.
These are the species in my South-American biotop in my livingroom.
I don't use the English names, as they are very different from the Dutch or scientific names.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ancistrus species(this fish will never have a family name, as it is a mix of several species through the years).
It is a catfish that helps you clean up the alge in your tank.
I have 2 brown, and 2 albino's of this fish, which breed regularly, and now and then some young appear in the tank in both colours.

This is the Carnegiella strigata, a little fish that stays close to to surface of the water, where it even jumps out, and flies over the water-surface in case of danger, like the famous flying fish, i have 8 of them in this tank.

From this Cichlasoma amazonerum i have a breeding pair, which is from the big cichlid-family, and they have baby's every 2 weeks or so.

Another cichlid species, the Cleithacara maronii, named after the Maroni river in Surinam South-America, another breeding pair.

One of more then 400 species in this group of little armoured catfish, the Corydoras sterbai, from which i keep a group of 10.

Hemigrammus bleheri, or rummynose tetra as Balti called them, we call the rednosed tetra's, i have a school of 20 in this tank.

The black phanthom tetra, as we call them to in Dutch, Hyphessobrycon megalopterus, i keep a group of 10 in this tank to.

Microgeophagus altispinosa, a dwarfcichlid from Bolivia, i have a couple of them to.

Paracheirodon axelrodi, the kardinal tetra as we call them, the most kept aquariumfish in the world, i have them in a school of 35.

Wild Guppy, i have a group of 8 in my tank, the first young of wildcought guppy's from Colombia, which a friend of mine brought me from there.
Not one is the same colour, and they are much smaller and different from the guppy's we know from the fishstore.

Next to this tank i have about 70 more species in my home, as i sell tropical fish from home, all in my aquazoo-room.

Sorry that i took over your tread a little bit Sergey, i just wanted to show these fish. Laughing

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2011, 22:59

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thank you all for the compliments guys!
I can name a lot of species here, but pics say more then only names.
These are the species in my South-American biotop in my livingroom.
I don't use the English names, as they are very different from the Dutch or scientific names.

Wow, wow, wow Willy!!! It, s a celebrations for eyes!! cheers cheers Wink

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 08:59

Cпасибо Sergey! Very Happy

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 12:07

Great fish Willy

Your displays are brilliant Sergey

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 00:37

Thanks Steve! Very Happy
What kind of clouded leopard is that on your avatar? Rolling Eyes

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 19:18

I love your displays Sergey. They always look so amazing. You are so creative in displaying your figures.

Great tank Willy and beautiful fish.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 01:40

Thank you amy!
I did put out some artificial plants the last weeks, and changed them for real aquatic plants now.
I did get some fish-species out to, and changed them for some others.
The kardinal- or red neons are out, everybody has them in their tank, for them i have cuppersalmons now.
Then i have a new catfish, and some new dwarfcichlids.
Here they are:

A school of 15 cuppersalmons(Hasemania nana) are new in the tank, replacing the red kardinal tetra's.

This catfish, known under the number L081, also as Golden nugget, from the Baryancistrus family, is new in the tank to.

And then a little group of this beautifull dwarf-cichlid, Apistogramma agassizii, double red variation, 2 males with 4 females are in the tank now.

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 23:48

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thank you amy!
I did put out some artificial plants the last weeks, and changed them for real aquatic plants now.
I did get some fish-species out to, and changed them for some others.
The kardinal- or red neons are out, everybody has them in their tank, for them i have cuppersalmons now.
Then i have a new catfish, and some new dwarfcichlids.
Here they are:

And then a little group of this beautifull dwarf-cichlid, Apistogramma agassizii, double red variation, 2 males with 4 females are in the tank now.

...Excelent, excelent, nice fishes - "flowers"!! bounce bounce bounce Wink

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 03:37

Thank you Sergey, a lust for the eyes indeed! cheers
But it is easy for me to change the inhabants of my main fish-tank from time to time, i do sell tropical fish from home, i have more than 40 tanks in a seperate room, with thousands of fish, and almost 100 species here... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)   Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aquarium Grotto as "lion hills" or "eagle mountains" ;)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2