Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)

Go down 
+14
costicuba
WILLYBACOMAN
Ana
Tiermann
xfoxx
animalluvr6
HKHollinstone
Roger
Kikimalou
castlerigg
Kristie
ken yeo
widukind
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) Empty
PostSubject: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Since I saw this wonderful figure in Martien`s collection, I really, really wanted it, and, - woe and behold, - it was for sale on Ebay, and I won it cheers Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He is not quite comfortable together with the Schleich cousin, I think he will agree that scales can be of some importance What a Face

But he immediately found a good friend in his relative from Marolin elephant elephant

I like the material of these two , they have a smooth feeling, almost like a fresh bar of soap Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:00 am

Congratulation!!! You know how many years old? And have the British Museum also animals they are alive? Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:14 am

widukind wrote:
Congratulation!!! You know how many years old? And have the British Museum also animals they are alive? Laughing Laughing

It is marked 1975, but I don`t know how many years it was made scratch
He, he, I think the only living animals in British Museums are the people working and visiting there Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Oh! Thanks for sharing "British Museum" Mammoth. affraid affraid

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Those are lovely Susanne! You need to keep Marolin in front because he is the one with the eyes! Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:54 pm

He's beautiful!

In the 1970's and 80's, we used to go to London once a year, and always bought one or two dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.

Here is our Museum Mammoth, with a Papo Mammoth (at the back), Starlux mammoth (on the left) and a Schleich Zebra to show sizes.

We loved our dinosaurs, but always wished that they would make some more of the prehistoric mammals.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:15 pm

CONGRATULATION Susanne cheers

This mammoth was made by INVICTA which prooduced a very fine line of dinosaurs for the British Museum.

Here you can see them Wink

The only other mammals were a glyptodon and a blue whale. Very Happy

I've got the Blue whale sunny

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Thankyou Ken sunny

Izzy wrote:
Those are lovely Susanne! You need to keep Marolin in front because he is the one with the eyes! Very Happy

-Kristie

Thankyou, Kristie flower , - yes, you are right...perhaps he needs glasses scratch Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Ohhh, Sue & Leslie, - you have the Starlux Mammoth Shocked I love you I love you cheers

You are so full of wonderful surprises, always some fabulous models !
Ohh, perhaps you would show us ( me Wink ) your collection of the dinoes you bought at British Museum ?
Were they all INVICTA ?

Yes, thankyou, Christophe, I had forgotten the brand name, - INVICTA, invicta, invicta, invictascratch Perhaps I can remember it now geek Wink Laughing

And thanks for the link, too flower That whale if beauuutyful I love you
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Yes, Susanne, our dinosaurs are all Invicta. We liked the modelling and the colours. We used them for displays in the local Children's Library.

Tomorrow, we will take some pics of them for you.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 am

He is wonderful, Susanne! Very Happy
Well, I don't know why I'm commenting? Susanne will spend next days searching crazily for a blue whale! I hope you find some time to be back to the forum! Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 am

WOW! Thanks, S & L cheers If you have time Very Happy

Roger wrote:
He is wonderful, Susanne! Very Happy
Well, I don't know why I'm commenting? Susanne will spend next days searching crazily for a blue whale! I hope you find some time to be back to the forum! Wink

Laughing Laughing
Don`t worry, I am not that easy to get rid off Wink
I am happy you like my old mammoth sunny
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:11 am

I agree with Roger, he is wonderful cheers I love Mammoths, although I don't collect figurines of them, they were such incredible creatures it must have been awesome to see one in real life, all that fur swaying as he walked.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Susanne, we have posted pics of our Invicta dinosaurs on the Collections thread.
Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: The second invicta mammoth :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:15 pm

At last I found the painted mammuth from the series of british Museum cheers
Isn`t it amazing how differnet the two are, even if they are the same mould Very Happy

I couldn`t resist getting these great guys, - from the same seller, to save on shipping cost, you know geek Laughing

They seem not to be made from Invicta, but they are from British Museums`s serie Wink

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Congrats! The mammoth is very cool looking Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Saving on shipping costs by adding some extra weight with a couple of huge dinosaurs is always a good idea Laughing
Congrats on your nice additions!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Thankyou both Very Happy

Yes, cool is a good description Wink
Cool, old guys, -they are marked 1973, but of course they can be made much later Very Happy

xfoxx wrote:
Saving on shipping costs by adding some extra weight with a couple of huge dinosaurs is always a good idea Laughing
Congrats on your nice additions!

Hush! Don`t tell anybody Rolling Eyes Embarassed Embarassed Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Very very cool!!! Big congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Congrats Susanne! I really like the differences in the mammoths! It would be hard to pick a favorite!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 pm

True variations! I really like this old mammoth! :) elephant
Invicta is a very popular brand among dino collectors! :)

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Great looking additions.
Yes it is always important to save on shipping when you can Wink

I am pretty certain the dinos are all Invicta also. Here is a good reference page for them http://dinosaurcollector.150m.com/invicta.htm

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Your dinos are INVICTA Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Thankyou for your help, link and comments, dear friends I love you sunny Very Happy

Tiermann wrote:
Great looking additions.
Yes it is always important to save on shipping when you can Wink

cheers lol! Wink

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Great prehistoric newcomer Very Happy Congratulations Susanne Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)   INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

INVICTA Mammoths from British Museum :-)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next