Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021

Go down 
+62
Pardofelis
twilighter
Caracal
landrover
trovalsa
Ana
elephas_maximus
widukind
costicuba
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
A-J
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Roger
Bonobo
SpiralStrix
Wilorvise
JonasV
Bloodrayne
cattlecollector
Takama
pm64
LeeAnn
arafan
Bongo
Ian
carlysulli
SaF-86
trevok4
Taylcoel
SyLoBe
tyrantqueen
Tylosaurus
Fisva
75senta75
Elros Alvar
Steve170
xfoxx
scot(t)
SchleichHorsesForever
Tiermann
animalluvr6
Sergey
smithyboy
MartinH
krista
ken yeo
Vivien
skysthelimit
Kristie
Admin
lucky luke
WILLYBACOMAN
Rio
Lasersword1973
Wildheart
Philter4
HKHollinstone
aandmkw
Gabe
Yurumi
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Stunning photos, Anna, thank you so much for sharing! cheers Applause 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 4:58 pm

GORGEOUS cheers 

Beautyful, wonderful aniamls in lovely weather...and your pgotoes are just fantastic Applause Applause 

Good that this subject came alive again, - and I hope you find time to show more Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank you for comments Bryan, 4U and Susanne cheers cheers cheers 

And yes, I have some more Very Happy

First my favourite photo from this trip, portrait of Marabou stork Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bongo close up (these bongo antelopes just ahhh drunken)

The new building in this zoo is Amazonica, it's a huge dome and inside is full of plants and butterflies Very Happy Like this blue one for example. Smile (excuse me, I told you "full of plants" and show you photo with wall and pipe Shocked but I just thought the blue colour of butterfly looks more interesting on something dark and grey, indeed most of the little jungle was full of palms, trees and flowers)

Some more winged friends

And bigger than these too

The eider I saw first time in my life in real but it was hard to do sharp photo because of thick glass.  

Black winged stilt however was easy to observe, it was possible to go into enclosure Very Happy

In the same enclosure were also pied avocets Smile

Just a random shot of Kudu

He played a lot with giraffes Very Happy

Rhinoceroses mommy and baby I love you 

Beauty and the Beast Wink

And just one of these monkeys who philosophise monkey 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Beautiful Very Happy
Some animals that I never saw in reality. Very nice Zootrip, Anna! cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Once again, amazing photography Anna! I'm speechless! Shocked 

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you again Bryan and 4U cheers sunny flower I'm very happy to know you like these pics Very Happy

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Ooohh, gorgeous photos Anna, that bongo is so beautiful, the colours!! I so want to see a Bongo in reality.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 9:42 pm

WOW!!! Shocked  WOW affraid  WOWbounce bounce  cheers

Such fantastic photoes, - they are incredible cheers 

That Stilt...I cept scrolling down and down and down...it seemed those legs went on for ever lol! 

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 9:37 am

Thank you so much for your comments Susanne and Harriet!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Stunning photos Ana! I just love the photo of the bongo, they're all gorgeous! I love you

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:41 am

Great photos Ana ! You are an allround artist !cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:46 am

Very nice pics Anna cheers

I agree 100% for the blue butterfly, the grey background is perfect Applause 

There is a lot of ideas in your pics and I know how it is uneasy to make pics in a zoo.

How do you build your pics ? I mean for the focus and depth of field.

Also, how do you make the Labo job ?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Thank you so much for your comments Paolo, Kelsey and Kikimalou!!! sunny sunny sunny 

Kikimalou wrote:
There is a lot of ideas in your pics and I know how it is uneasy to make pics in a zoo.
Actually main idea is to take 900 pics and choose 9 later Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:
Well, my technique is really nothing special. All of the photos from this trip were shot with zoom lens 70mm-300mm and I always used aperture with smallest possible number in this lens so 4.0 to 5.6 for two reasons: shortest exposure (I took no tripod to the zoo) and relatively small depth of field. For the focus I use auto focus option most of the time, until my camera starts to be more interested in flowers in front of animal more than in animal itself (that was the case of bongo in many shots and owl too Rolling Eyes ) then I have to use manual focus which is uneasy without the tripod for me. Additionally most of the pictures are a bit underexposed intentionally (again shorter exposure is pro when the tripod stayed home). Underexposure is relatively easy to fix at home. Monkey is the extreme example and of course it wouldn't look good in print because of very flat black.

Kikimalou wrote:
I use Photoshop and in it mainly "Levels" option to get right lighting. After resizing I also use standard "sharper" filter. Most of the time I need to crop the picture a bit too.
In some cases I do a bit more than that, macaw picture for example has desaturated background to about 15% from the original saturation, I also very slightly darkened upper part of the picture.
In case of Marabou portrait I did optimal "Levels" on each surface (except the background), that was the only picture I wanted to work on a bit longer  because I like it more Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Very enjoying to watch all these perfect pictures! Very Happy
Thanks for sharing with us, Ana! flower
Bongo picture brings me some good memmories. Wink Everything is wonderful! Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Thank you so much for your comment Roger!! cheers Yes, bongo remind me about some fun talking too Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Wonderful wonderful pics Anna sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:03 am

Thank you Andreas! I'm glad you like them! sunny

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:04 am

Kikimalou wrote:
What do I think ? drunken

That's the question maybe...  scratch

Ok ! But what is the answer  confused

Ooops !  Shocked  Sorry...  Embarassed

Funny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:30 am

cheers lol! lol! lol! 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Takama wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
What do I think ? drunken

That's the question maybe...  scratch

Ok ! But what is the answer  confused

Ooops !  Shocked  Sorry...  Embarassed

Funny

In my opinion he think, dont shoot me if i will urinate affraid affraid  What would you say if i would follow you with a camera on the toilet lol! lol! lol!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Ana wrote:
Thank you so much for your comments Paolo, Kelsey and Kikimalou!!! sunny sunny sunny 

Kikimalou wrote:
Actually main idea is to take 900 pics and choose 9 later Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:
Well, my technique is really nothing special. All of the photos from this trip were shot with zoom lens 70mm-300mm and I always used aperture with smallest possible number in this lens so 4.0 to 5.6 for two reasons: shortest exposure (I took no tripod to the zoo) and relatively small depth of field. For the focus I use auto focus option most of the time, until my camera starts to be more interested in flowers in front of animal more than in animal itself (that was the case of bongo in many shots and owl too Rolling Eyes ) then I have to use manual focus which is uneasy without the tripod for me. Additionally most of the pictures are a bit underexposed intentionally (again shorter exposure is pro when the tripod stayed home). Underexposure is relatively easy to fix at home. Monkey is the extreme example and of course it wouldn't look good in print because of very flat black.

Kikimalou wrote:
I use Photoshop and in it mainly "Levels" option to get right lighting. After resizing I also use standard "sharper" filter. Most of the time I need to crop the picture a bit too.
In some cases I do a bit more than that, macaw picture for example has desaturated background to about 15% from the original saturation, I also very slightly darkened upper part of the picture.
In case of Marabou portrait I did optimal "Levels" on each surface (except the background), that was the only picture I wanted to work on a bit longer  because I like it more Very Happy
I'm sorry for a belated answer Anna Sleep 

IMHO, it would be better to avoid too much underexposure to save as much details as you can, flat black (or white) are always a minus on a pic. A full deep dark is always enhancing a pic. To avoid exposure problems, stay quite and patient and keep your arms near your body, it help. I feel like an old pretentious but really, full rich dark background are really important. I asked you the question because I watched the monkey picture Wink 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:35 pm

A few more birds Very Happy  : Southern screamer, Demoiselle crane, a beautiful pigeon and a scratch  confused 

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Great photos cheers

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Beautiful birds Christophe! What a fantastic birds :DIn the last picture the bird looks like he's having super short legs, can you see that? Laughing

And thank you for photographic advice friend! study 

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Thank you -4U and Anna Very Happy 

Anna, Thank you to be so nice with me and my advices Embarassed  Wink

About the last bird don't tell it has short legs, it is already very sad to have such a long neck Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021   Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021 - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the zoo : The pictures - New pics 23 january 2021
Page 19 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next