Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The schleich 2012 horses topic

Go down 
+30
skysthelimit
bojan
Tiermann
Kristie
LittleLady
Arnaud
MARTINLATIN
schleich61
Suebeedo
SchleichHorsesForever
widukind
Vivien
noeska
naztuki
pipi6
spikesilkenwolf
Sumo
Cyhyraeth
Dunfold
Mastiffcat
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
Lasersword1973
Siobhan
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Zwartvoet
SyLoBe
appyhurdler
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
appyhurdler

appyhurdler

Country/State : australia

The schleich 2012 horses topic Empty
PostSubject: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 9:46

:) if you have not seen them yet go to youtube! Laughing cheers and also i will be posting pictures of my schleich horse collection although i am having difficulty doing so scratch
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 11:14

I like them, but the poses are not new. Even one of them seems to be a copy of a Collecta model. In adition they are very "cute"... I´ll buy them anyway, but Schleich horses are loosing their spirit and becoming simply children toys.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 11:59

I'm getting used to the pictures.

They are not so good as older models. 2011 was also a bit dissapointing for me. Not every pose can be real in the 2012 line. I will buy them to keep my collection up to date, but the high quality will indeed be changed more and more into normal toy figures.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 12:50

Me, too, I will probably get them to keep the collection up to date Rolling Eyes

The Iceys are a must for me, of course, but they are not much better than the strange ones that Bullyland made this year, - only more cute .

But then, since 2010 I have only unpacked them to take pictures for my site, and then packed them away again , - I am really a silly collector Embarassed geek
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 13:02

I'm not that impressed with them, the only one I like it the halfinger foal. But other than that I'd rather save my money for CollectA's horses.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 14:18

Maybe I will skip 2012 for Schleich horses! It doesn't impress me at all!

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 16:59

Huh, this is funny. I really like most of them! Well, I was disappointed that they didn't introduce any new breeds (the Icelandics and Camargues won't be new breeds for anyone who's collected for at least a couple of years...) and kind of mad that they made that second Haflinger foal... But I think the foals of 2012 are much improved compared to 2011 with all the foals just standing and looking rigid. I like the Camargue mare's pose because she's actually walking, which we haven't seen a lot from Schleich lately. My least favourite ones are the Camargue stallion and Icelandic foal which, in my opinion, look quite awful in the pictures, I really hope they're nicer in real life. But all in all, I'm quite happy and can't wait for 2012 to get those horses on my shelf :)
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 17:41

HKHollinstone wrote:
I'm not that impressed with them, the only one I like it the halfinger foal. But other than that I'd rather save my money for CollectA's horses.

I am 101% agree with Harriet. I will also save my money for the new CollectA's horses next year. And of course, I will also buy the horses sculpted by Ana for the Mojo Fun too! cheers

Last edited by Lasersword1973 on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 18:39

I think they are the face of the brand, some toyish but completly convinced that everybody will buy them to keep their Schleich collection up to date. :)
The only relevant point of 2012 Schleich horses is the exagerated number of figures. A clear atempt to keep all the money of the Schleich collectors to do not loose their market for the much more realistic CollectA and 2012 Mojo horses.
I know cute and toyish sells better but I am much more devoted to realism. Horses are beautiful as they are, they don't need a cartoonish looking. Rolling Eyes
I think also that more than one 2012 horse has the style of old CollectA. I'm not saying that they are copies but it looks the old CollectA sculptor is working in some of them??? Maybe?? Suspect Well, unless they know that even with the same poor quality the tag Schleich sells always better than CollectA! pale :)
I know how much many collectors love Schleich and I respect it a lot but I'd loved that Schleich loved also those who loves the brand! bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 19:08

Siobhan wrote:
Huh, this is funny. I really like most of them!

....... all in all, I'm quite happy and can't wait for 2012 to get those horses on my shelf :)

That is the great thing about different collectors talking together Very Happy
Hurrayy that we don`t all just wnat the same, - gosh, how boring that would be cheers

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 20:36

Well, I´ll have to save for my Schleich horses and the Collectas. And I´m sure I will also buy the mojo horses if I can find them! And some Safari, and maybe few Papos... lol I have to save A LOT!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 22:36

2012 are good horses and better than 2011. I like them all.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyTue 8 Nov 2011 - 22:45

I like the TWH yearling, even though i think it looks like a weanling, not a yearling.

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 1:41

I like them all, and cant wait to have them in my grubby litte paws... (grubby cos I always smell of pony according to my mum) but then again I'm a bit dissapointed that there is no MULE or fjord horse
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 8:22

I do not like them. As far as all Schleich horses aren't must have to me (I get only those I really like), I think I would wait to see what we have in 2013. The only exception is an Icelandic horse family- or a mare and a foal (because I get them from every manufacturer now).
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
appyhurdler

appyhurdler

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 9:23

SyLoBe wrote:
I like them, but the poses are not new. Even one of them seems to be a copy of a Collecta model. In adition they are very "cute"... I´ll buy them anyway, but Schleich horses are loosing their spirit and becoming simply children toys.

yes i totally agree they dont seem to have that magical schleich touch that they usually has especially the new camargue mare dont mean to dis papo but she honustly looks like one Neutral but i am in love with a couple of them though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
appyhurdler

appyhurdler

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 9:24

Zwartvoet wrote:

They are not so good as older models. 2011 was also a bit dissapointing for me. Not every pose can be real in the 2012 line. I will buy them to keep my collection up to date, but the high quality will indeed be changed more and more into normal toy figures.

yes i think dont think they look as magical and realistic as the older models 2000- 2009 Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 12:00

appyhurdler wrote:
Zwartvoet wrote:

yes i think dont think they look as magical and realistic as the older models 2000- 2009 Neutral

For me 2010 was the best year.

It is also a pitty that Schleich does not retire much horses.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 13:38

appyhurdler wrote:

.....especially the new camargue mare dont mean to dis papo but she honustly looks like one Neutral

Good that you don`t dis papo Wink Very Happy

Do you know the Papo horse from outside the catalogue ?
I am just asking, because the catalogues does not do them justice scratch

Some of the old ones , like the Fjord, are rather strange looking, but most others are a lot nicer than the catalogue shows, in my opinion Very Happy
That is the case with many brands, just see many of the first CollectAs and the first Mojos drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 9 Nov 2011 - 19:45

This will probably be the first year I don't buy any Schleich horses. My 2011s are still languishing in the body box because I just can't get excited about them, so unless I think of something really fun I could do with the newbies I'll probably save shelf space for something less... blah.
Back to top Go down
appyhurdler

appyhurdler

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011 - 10:29

SUSANNE wrote:
appyhurdler wrote:

.....especially the new camargue mare dont mean to dis papo but she honustly looks like one Neutral

Good that you don`t dis papo Wink Very Happy

Do you know the Papo horse from outside the catalogue ?
I am just asking, because the catalogues does not do them justice scratch

Some of the old ones , like the Fjord, are rather strange looking, but most others are a lot nicer than the catalogue shows, in my opinion Very Happy
That is the case with many brands, just see many of the first CollectAs and the first Mojos drunken

yes i am absolutely in love with loads of papo models especially there heavy horses amd there appaloosa mare! drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011 - 7:00

I love horses but 2009 spoiled me with Andalusians lusitano black forest horses and my favorite friesians stallion. that was a great year! there are just so many ponies this year:( i will get the akhal tekes and the TWH mares and foals. not so sure about the others. i hopeing for some new tack sets. still. Surprised

appyhurdler

appyhurdler

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyFri 11 Nov 2011 - 9:32

spikesilkenwolf wrote:
I love horses but 2009 spoiled me with Andalusians lusitano black forest horses and my favorite friesians stallion. that was a great year! there are just so many ponies this year:( i will get the akhal tekes and the TWH mares and foals. not so sure about the others. i hopeing for some new tack sets. still. Surprised

yes i definitely want to get the TWM and foal and complete the akhal tekes and maybe the training pony and camargue stallion i might get the icelands coz i daont own any so that will still ne on my list and yes i want more tack sets evenm though i only own 3! Laughing
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyWed 30 Nov 2011 - 14:22

I like them a lot especially the one who aren't just standing my faves are the Akhal-Teke mare and the camarge foal
Back to top Go down
naztuki

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic EmptyFri 9 Dec 2011 - 11:26

You must keep in mind that Schleich are toys made for kids. The collecting is a side priority. They make the figures for kids, and not collectors. Sure they like collectors, but they don't make them to appeal to just collectors, but instead children. They are toys.
Now, I would say this goes for the other brands that make these figurines. Sure some look better than others, but they aren't going to be focused on making the toys for adult collectors, but for children. It is a plus if collectors want them too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The schleich 2012 horses topic   The schleich 2012 horses topic Empty

Back to top Go down

The schleich 2012 horses topic
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next