Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses

Go down 
+21
widukind
Rio
JackyLovertjex
Lasersword1973
Suebeedo
Mastiffcat
WILLYBACOMAN
Sapphire
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
SyLoBe
Roger
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Ana
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
Silver Unicornis
Vivien
smithyboy
Numa
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 pm

I think they look pretty good, I was expecting a bit more this year though.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 am

Very nice models Very Happy I think half Arabian looks like National (American) Show Horse. I like the pose of QH, looks like the pose used in cutting discipline while "dancing" with the young bull, what do You think? :)

About the mane style, I think I like it, I've read somewhere that it is called "bridle path" ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and indeed popular in States.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah, I know about the briddle path, it´s also used here for arabians and some sport horses. But I don´t like it... I like horses with all their mane and tail! :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:41 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Yeah, I know about the briddle path, it´s also used here for arabians and some sport horses. But I don´t like it... I like horses with all their mane and tail! :)

OK, I understand! Very Happy Here I've never seen any horse with such mane style scratch Anyway natural mane look best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:41 pm

ana wrote:
natural mane look best Very Happy

cheers

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Hum, not very haqppy with those 2 new models. The half arabian has a pear shape even with this angle xD And the QH have a nice pose, but hindquarters are very static for a pose like that. It seems more like falling down than doing a barrel race. And look that area behind the ears, without mane... I hate it, and all the horses made by Deborah have it xD (except the mustangs -ops, sorry, lusitanos)

The Quarter Horse is definitely in the Working Horse pose... a Cutting Horse that is. Not a barrel horse. All it needs is the cowboy sitting vertical and a cow or calf facing off with the horse, though a cutting horse usually has it's ears pinned back when they are seriously working. Wink

It is just weird to see a horse in that pose without a rider...maybe they plan on selling the cowboy and saddle separate? drunken

Oh and I agree, the Bridle path is rather long. It only needs to be long enough for the strap of the bridle to sit there.

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 am

NEWS from "Collecta Horses" Facebook page :)

Shire mares:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shire foals:

Quarter Horse foals:

Arabian stallion, 1:12 scale:

My impressions:
I absolutely love the Shires (both mare and foal sculpt) and QH foals. Well, maybe Shire foal has a bit too short neck (at least it looks so on the photos) and might be a bit too lightly build. But I like him anyway :) Usually I don't look at the painting but - a GREY foal? Come on, foals this young can NEVER be grey, grey horses grey out with age.

I'm a bit dissapointed that the big Arabian has the same sculpt as the Half-Arabian. But I'll buy him anyway - I like his head so far, I'll resculpt slightly the rest of the body What a Face

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:07 am

Thank you for the pictures Magda! cheers I love the grey shire mare I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:53 pm

SHIRE cheers SHIRE cheers I looove them!! Foals too :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 pm

These are the horses of the new generations. Schleich's horses are suddenly became outdated and outclassed by these gorgeous CollectA horses. cheers
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:15 pm

The only thing i don't like from Collecta is the painting. But some modells are really nice! I LOVE the shire mare :) The arabians are a bit mehh, i don't like their shape. Anyhow, i hope they sell those horses in my pet store (They only have the older horses atm Sad )
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Arabian stallion is beautiful and Shire mare is good too!

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:07 pm

The grey shire foal could be a blue roan sabino, it may have sabino markings on it's underside.

I like the 1:12 scale Arabian. They should fit nicely with my Equorums and Breyer Classics :)

I'm looking forward to seeing these models !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Suebeedo wrote:

The Quarter Horse is definitely in the Working Horse pose... a Cutting Horse that is. Not a barrel horse. All it needs is the cowboy sitting vertical and a cow or calf facing off with the horse, though a cutting horse usually has it's ears pinned back when they are seriously working. Wink

Thanks for the info :) But anyway, I think the pose is very static. It doesn´t have motion sensation.

Deffinitely I don´t like the "pearabian" horse...

About the grey shire foal... Well, greys got grey with age xD but I´ve seen a 6 months foal who was completely grey. So it´s not impossible! But I think this foal could be a black overo... In Spain, overo has 2 meanings: th overo pinto pattern, and white hairs among the coat hairs, including head and legs, in an homogeneus way. So this foal could be a black (spanish) overo :)

Also the pose of the shire foal is a bit strange, like tiptoe walking.

Hum, I was expecting so much for this year!

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Shire foal is probably in "flying" phase of trot, that's why it looks like it's "tiptoeing" Wink

You're right, greying process can have different "speed", but I've never seen such young horse greyed so much. But, as you said, it's not impossible.

This foal can't be overo (in English nomenclature of patterns' names), there's no overo gene among pure bred Shire horses. It can be a so-called "other sabino" (sabino gene is suspected to have at least 2 forms, only one - so-called "sabino 1" - can be detected by genetic testing) which causes interspersing of the coat with white hairs. However, the "other sabino" form of sabino gene most probably doesn't exist among pure bred Shires. But it's quite common among Clydesdales, so maybe the breed of this foal can be changed to Clydesdale :)
I understand that in Spain the nomenclature of patterns' names are different Wink I just wanted to explain it in English Razz

Maybe it could be easier to avoid possible misuderstanding by adding pictures? :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 am

I supose it´s on the flying phase :)

About the overo, as I said I didn´t mean the overo pinto, I meant the "spanish" overo. It´s like roan, but in the full body, including head and legs. So you explained it well, but not what I meant :) Just the "wrong" meaning of overo xD (I know, it´s not wrong, it´s just I wasn´t talking about the overo pinto pattern) A bit confusing uh?

I have to go to study now, but when I´m back I´ll search a pic of a palomino mare I know who looks white because of this effect.

------

EDIT: The pic I told!

I couldn´t find better pics of her, but I hope it´s enough to see what I mean. The overo palomino mare (overo with the spanish meaning, not the pinto pattern meaning) is the one on the right, the white-like one (the other one is my Ginebra :) ) As you can see you couldn´t say she´s palomino if you don´t know that, in fact I tought she was a grey in the white phase until the owner told me she was a palomino overo... and when looking at her coat you can really see some palomino hairs among all those white hairs!

I don´t know how is this effect called in English, and what its genetic control is. I must say that in Spanish is also called "entrepelado blanco", but overo is more popular.

See the difference between the "spanish meaning" overo and roan. Tose are roans, first a palomino roan and second a chestnut roan (the chestnut one is to see better the difference between the colored and the roaned areas):

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:33 pm

I've searched for "overo caballo" in Google, and I've found lots of pinto overos (obviously) but also many sabinos, roans and duns. It's hard to say what it's called in English - maybe it's a completely different colour/pattern, which doesn't have its English name? scratch

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
I've searched for "overo caballo" in Google, and I've found lots of pinto overos (obviously) but also many sabinos, roans and duns. It's hard to say what it's called in English - maybe it's a completely different colour/pattern, which doesn't have its English name? scratch

Typical, - so this kind of colour is ALSO called DUN affraid

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:

Typical, - so this kind of colour is ALSO called DUN affraid

Laughing Laughing Laughing

xD

We´d better discuss this in the topic I opened you already saw it Wink ) and let this topic to talk about the figurines :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 am

More nice and beautifull horses!
I love the shires! Very Happy

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 am

forget the Shire foal... what on earth is the QH foal doing? scratch his right rear leg is No .

i believe the gray Shire foal is gray. Why? Because his mommy is gray and baby has to match his mum. I'm willing to bet that when Collecta designed the color, it never entered their minds the possibility that not all colors appear on all horses. Collectors can either accept the result of company's marketing decisions as nice figures that aren't entirely accurate, or they can turn themselves inside-out trying to find a breed to assign to it.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Here is the Arabian Stallion in Bright bay colouring

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

The coat of this one is really beautiful but... I keep thinking he´s not an arabian, he´s a pearabian xD

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:27 pm

why so many coats? scratch

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
The coat of this one is really beautiful but... I keep thinking he´s not an arabian, he´s a pearabian xD
Same xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses   CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2012 Official pics: Horses
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next