Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich has expanded!

Go down 
+11
Suebeedo
schleich61
orcagirl26
MARTINLATIN
schmidtchenschleich
Vivien
ken yeo
SUSANNE
smithyboy
Pony
Tyler Loew
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler Loew

Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

Schleich has expanded! Empty
PostSubject: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 am

Today getting tags to go hunting this weekend I stumbled upon two Schleich Simmental cows in the cooking section at Wal-Mart! affraid affraid At first I thought they came from Bomgarrs (a farming store that carries Schleich) across the street. Suddenly I thought why would they be here? While walking out of the store I found them, a 5 ft. by 4 ft stand consisting of all Schleich from this year. Although I really didn't care for the costly prices, but still they are in WAL-MART exclamation exclamation Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pony

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 am

I have just died inside.
How could they stoop so low. Sad

WHYYYY?

smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:21 am

Yes , I'm not surprised Schleich(even though were not to impressed by their new products) is expanding hugely. Funny that I actually saw a Schleich tv advertisment today, it wasn't very good. Mad

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 am

Hmm, I just looked Wal-Mart up in Wikipedia, because I have never seen one.
The Danish Wiki does not say a lot, but it seems it is a huge compagny with low prices and a terribly low morale both to their emplyees and supplyers Shocked

Did the Schleich models have low prices in Walmart?

And TV-advert. too !

Here we see how a large compagny can stampede the market if they want to Suspect

Being a faithful Schleich-collector, I am very sorry also, if that is their new strategy. Crying or Very sad

SO much better to make beautyful models as CollectA and Mojo does Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 am

A TV ad!! I would like to see!!

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 am

ken yeo wrote:
A TV ad!! I would like to see!!
Go on YouTube,there you can see it. Wink
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:25 am

Here's the Tv Ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27X7fVKjkLg

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Since the new owners are sitting in England Schleich grows up on the world marcet.

Thats good i think.
What is not so good in my eyes, that always more figurines are produced in China.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Loew

Tyler Loew

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 am

Thank you for the question Susanne, although Wal-Mart usually has good prices on everything, Schleich there is awfully expensive with the highest being at $8.98 Shocked Shocked affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:09 am

THATS VERY EXPENSIVE.
YOU SEE HERE IN CALIFORNIA, TARGETS HAD THEM BUT NO MORE.
BUT ONLY IN STORES ON LINE I GUESS THEY STILL BUT FEW ONES.
OF WHAT I KNOW, NEXT YEAR 2012 THEY ARE ALL VERY MUCH EXPENSIVED SO , MUCH THAT SINCE 2007 THERE EARNING HAVE INCREASED 99.99% affraid
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm

I know I've visited a few Wal-Marts in my area recently when I heard they were going to be selling Schleich. I looked in the toy department and found nothing that even came close to it. I know Target in my area had them, but then they stopped selling them. Are only certain Wal-Marts going to have them? If they're all supposed to sell them, where should I be looking for them? scratch
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
I know I've visited a few Wal-Marts in my area recently when I heard they were going to be selling Schleich. I looked in the toy department and found nothing that even came close to it. I know Target in my area had them, but then they stopped selling them. Are only certain Wal-Marts going to have them? If they're all supposed to sell them, where should I be looking for them? scratch

I stopped by the Walmart in nearby Folsom, CA, this morning, but there was no Schleich for sale there. Maybe later.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

schleich61 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

I stopped by the Walmart in nearby Folsom, CA, this morning, but there was no Schleich for sale there. Maybe later.....

Maybe they're testing them in certain areas to see how they do?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Tyler Loew wrote:
Thank you for the question Susanne, although Wal-Mart usually has good prices on everything, Schleich there is awfully expensive with the highest being at $8.98 Shocked Shocked affraid affraid

Is that for, say, a horse ?
Compared to Danish prices it is very cheap, a Schleich horse is more like 12 dollars in Danish shops , - so you see why I always buy on-line from other countries Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Don't forget to look for them at the local feed stores. Big R has them up here in Washington state as well as Aslin Finch which is an Eastern Washington Feed store. I also so found them at Fred Meyer and Target, but the Target ones are on metal racks and I didn't buy there because the paint was damaged on the figures from children picking them up and playing with them. Oh and of course Toys R Us carries them. Usually you can find a better price with some online stores though.

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Targets near me haven't had Schleich in years. But Schleich and Safari have started to show up at Michaels, the big crafts store.
If Walmart turns into the only place to buy Schleichs, i won't be buying any Schleichs.

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I think that where I live, the Schleich selling is getting bad.

Some ware houses sell them, but recently they have dumped the schleichs on the shelfs. So it is a real mess, every model is scratched or worse. When they introduced Schleich in their assortiment it was well displayed and inviting. Now it is more or les like, it is useless we never look at it. But still they ask a high price.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Two Target's near me had Schleich, but stopped selling them. Toys R Us here does sell them, but all they had for sea life was the killer whale (#14551) and white shark (#14553). I've seen Safari at Michael's Arts and Crafts as well as JoAnn Fabrics. The only thing I can remember any Wal-Mart in my area selling (for only like a month) that was close to Schleich was the Nature's Wonders HD.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Loew

Tyler Loew

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Today I found out that only this specific Wal-Mart in my town has them question I honestly don't know why but I'm guessing that they are a seasonal thing for Christmas because it seems that they are pretty popular with children under 8 and older exclamation
And Yes, Susanne that would be the price for horses because they sell them according to size.
For instance figures the size of the Schleich Geese Goslings are $2.95 and figures the size of the Pinto Yearling are $7.85 and everything bigger than that (including horses) are the price I said before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ppotts

Country/State : Usa

PostSubject: WALMART SCHLEICH IS EXPENSIVE    Schleich has expanded! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:28 pm

AND THE COMMERCAL IS NOT BAD
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:16 am

I know from a person who is known very well on this forum, and owns his own company, that these were the tactics that Schleich used to get on the USA market in the first place... Rolling Eyes
First beeing relatively cheap, and slowly bringing up the prices to European standards.
I remembering, that i wanted to buy the 2009 range in one time, and found out, that i could save more then 50 euro's, when i would have bought them in the USA, even including the $30 shipment in that time!
As the USA has mainly the same made in China models to, is was really crazy in my eyes.
I live in the country next to Germany, but i have to get my Schleich from the other side of the world, to get a good bargain! Shocked
The wholesales of Schleich for the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg are situated in Belgium, and has horrible high prices in compare to even Germany... Evil or Very Mad
So roaming the internet-sites which are selling Schleich is really worth it! Wink

PostSubject: Re: Schleich has expanded!   Schleich has expanded! Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich has expanded!
Page 1 of 1