Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our choices for Papo 2013 ?

Go down 
+36
Tylosaurus
tyrantqueen
Metallisuchus
Kikimalou
trevok4
jesman00
Ana
Taos
Taylcoel
pm64
LukaLeon085
animalluvr6
scot(t)
Roger
Defteros
Takama
Argentavis
widukind
ken yeo
lucky luke
STORMnl
Mastiffcat
Deseo
Bowhead Whale
MartinH
Steve170
smithyboy
schleichsammler2008
Vivien
SUSANNE
Dinofiel
HKHollinstone
MARTINLATIN
kudu11
SommoDracorex
baltimore zoo
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:02 am

Deseo wrote:
I agree with Vivien. Very Happy Just look at his eyes, isn't he wonderfull? I love you
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

DOGS
- Vizsla
- Saluki
- Samoyed
- Akita

I could easily make list a lot longer, there is so many wonderfull breeds study cheers
Well, any breed with no figurine yet would be great.
Very Happy Very Happy Akita is also a very good idea! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:44 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
One question: am I the only one who has wishes for the Fantasy category?

Sorry, - I don`t know any of the ones you have mentioned, but there are several collectors of fanatsy models here Very Happy

For instance , I am sure that some want more of the Mutant warriors Very Happy
They are brilliant, but I don`t collet them Wink

OK, let me give you a few explanations. study

ANDROSPHYNX: Easy to recognize: it's the human-headed Sphynx (think of Gizeh). farao

CRIOSPHYNX: We also see them in Egypt. They are ram-headed sphynxes.

HIERACOSHYNX: The third kind of Sphynx. The hawk-headed shynxes. Also seen in Egypt.

LAMASSU: Sumerian Sphynx: body of a bull, head of a man, and donning wings.

URMAHLULLU: Mesopotamian gardians of bathrooms. Centaurs with a lion's body instead of a horse's body.

GIRTABLILU: Also from Mesopotamia. Centaurs with the body of a scorpion instead of this of a horse (or a lion).

BUNYIP: Flat-faced and thick-limbed wingless water dragon from Australian Aboriginal folklore.

YARA-MA-YAH-WHOO: Also from Australian Aboriginal folklore. Three-feet high, red-skinned, toothless vampires with suckers on fingertips and tips of toes and a gigantic, elastic mouth.

QI-LIN: From Chinese folklore. Dragon-headed creatures with tail of a horse, body and feet of a goat and scaly skin. One of the Four Magical Beasts (three others are Dragon, Feng-Huang and Tortoise).

PIXIU: Also from chinese folklore. Winged lion-like animals with one curved horn on the head. Powerful symbol of Feng-Shui.

MANTICORE: From Persia. Look like human-headed Sphynxes, but with three rows of pointy teeth, poison-darted scorpion tail and blue eyes. Extremely dangerous anthropophagous creature.

TENGU: Anthopomorphic birds from Japan. Some have a beak, others have a very long nose. All of them have feathers and wings.

KAPPA: Malevolent creatures from japanese rivers. Face of a monkey, body of a turtle, legs of a frog. Have a big hole on top of head filled with water, where their will is. They love to eat children and also love cucumbers.

SHISA: From Okinawa. Look like a mix between a lion and a dog. Looking very fearce, but actually are guardians.

Hope those informations help! study Very Happy

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more information)
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:32 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
One question: am I the only one who has wishes for the Fantasy category?

Sorry, - I don`t know any of the ones you have mentioned, but there are several collectors of fanatsy models here Very Happy

For instance , I am sure that some want more of the Mutant warriors Very Happy
They are brilliant, but I don`t collet them Wink

OK, let me give you a few explanations. study

ANDROSPHYNX: Easy to recognize: it's the human-headed Sphynx (think of Gizeh). farao

CRIOSPHYNX: We also see them in Egypt. They are ram-headed sphynxes.

HIERACOSHYNX: The third kind of Sphynx. The hawk-headed shynxes. Also seen in Egypt.

LAMASSU: Sumerian Sphynx: body of a bull, head of a man, and donning wings.

URMAHLULLU: Mesopotamian gardians of bathrooms. Centaurs with a lion's body instead of a horse's body.

GIRTABLILU: Also from Mesopotamia. Centaurs with the body of a scorpion instead of this of a horse (or a lion).

BUNYIP: Flat-faced and thick-limbed wingless water dragon from Australian Aboriginal folklore.

YARA-MA-YAH-WHOO: Also from Australian Aboriginal folklore. Three-feet high, red-skinned, toothless vampires with suckers on fingertips and tips of toes and a gigantic, elastic mouth.

QI-LIN: From Chinese folklore. Dragon-headed creatures with tail of a horse, body and feet of a goat and scaly skin. One of the Four Magical Beasts (three others are Dragon, Feng-Huang and Tortoise).

PIXIU: Also from chinese folklore. Winged lion-like animals with one curved horn on the head. Powerful symbol of Feng-Shui.

MANTICORE: From Persia. Look like human-headed Sphynxes, but with three rows of pointy teeth, poison-darted scorpion tail and blue eyes. Extremely dangerous anthropophagous creature.

TENGU: Anthopomorphic birds from Japan. Some have a beak, others have a very long nose. All of them have feathers and wings.

KAPPA: Malevolent creatures from japanese rivers. Face of a monkey, body of a turtle, legs of a frog. Have a big hole on top of head filled with water, where their will is. They love to eat children and also love cucumbers.

SHISA: From Okinawa. Look like a mix between a lion and a dog. Looking very fearce, but actually are guardians.

Hope those informations help! study Very Happy

Very,very interesting information,thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
My choices;

- Criosphynx

oooh, a Criosphynx would be awesome! assuming it's good, of course. The avenue of Criosphynx in Luxor is one of my favorite places in Egypt. I wanted to just stand there and look at them all day.
hmmmm, but i'm not sure i'd like a Criosphynx that looked like a real animal. I realize that to me they are so monumental making them alive would almost diminish them. a good compromise would be a live animal in the classic Sphynx crouch.

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Farm series
sheep

Mammals
Markhor
yes!!!

Marsupilami wrote:
Hoatzin family
that would be totally cool! little chicks climbing branches!

I want a California Quail. They're such cute little birdies.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
My choices;

- Criosphynx

oooh, a Criosphynx would be awesome! assuming it's good, of course. The avenue of Criosphynx in Luxor is one of my favorite places in Egypt. I wanted to just stand there and look at them all day.
hmmmm, but i'm not sure i'd like a Criosphynx that looked like a real animal. I realize that to me they are so monumental making them alive would almost diminish them. a good compromise would be a live animal in the classic Sphynx crouch.

What if they made it in Egyptian style, but standing? I love you
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 am

musk ox bounce musk ox bounce musk ooooox bounce bounce
I think Papo is good with big hooves (cape buffalo, yak, bison, longhorn...) so I want musk ox with some nice and dynamic pose :) Very Happy

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:35 am

I would like to see that they come with more different prehistoric mammals

animals that other companies not made yet

my 2 cents

Martien

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:26 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

i believe that would be acceptable. Laughing dignified, aloof, but you know it's watching for you to make the least mistake.

god forbid they try to make it fierce: no snarling rams!

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

i believe that would be acceptable. Laughing dignified, aloof, but you know it's watching for you to make the least mistake.

god forbid they try to make it fierce: no snarling rams!

Don't you also think a Lamassu could be good? Cool
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Don't you also think a Lamassu could be good? Cool
i dunno, i think i'd be afraid that would be too easy to make a mess. if they could be content with making one like they're supposed to be, but these days, the tendency is to make everything bigger, badder and weirder. i'd be afraid they'd want to give him Borg arms, shooting lasers from his eyes. affraid

i think any creature known primarily from stone monuments would be very hard to reproduce satisfactorily in small plastic. The enormous power and feeling of eternal weight....

but it would be a nice change from pink flowered unicorns. Wink

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 pm

A wyvern would be cool!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:02 am

Papo I think is very strong in cats felines. cheers drunken study Cool
I would see a family of pumas: Very Happy cat
Two young female with a sitting and a current and later a beautiful male aggressive. cat affraid

of course clouded leopard, Ocelot, Serval ... cella goes without! drunken bounce

A water buffalo in Asia, a spectacled bear ... scratch
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 am

lucky luke wrote:
Two young female with a sitting and a current and later a beautiful male aggressive. cat affraid
oh yes!! I'm with you on this bounce cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:54 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

Plus some snow leopard, cloud leopard and others.....

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:59 am

oh yes!! drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm

ken yeo wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
lucky luke wrote:

Plus some snow leopard, cloud leopard and others.....
drunken cheers drunken cheers cheers cheers bounce

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
A wyvern would be cool!

Bullyland made a great Wyvern mold a few years back: you could go search for it! Very Happy

Yes, I'm through as well with unicorns. They are great, but they are everywhere, just like four-legged european dragons. It would be nice to see something different like a nice Yale (Centicorn), an Enfield (that would be cute) or even a Jackalope (why not?). I'd like to see toys representing mythological creatures from other folklores than Greek and Norse; they are good, but other cultures made wonderful mythical critters as well! Just think of the japanese Harionago (female vampire with barbeled wire hair), the australian Yowie (ape-man with very long hair), the Angolan Kishi (handsome male seducer with a hyena's face on the back of head, with which he kills and eats his female victims, hidden under long hair in normal time), the Inuit Qiqirn (bald dog spirit with hair only on feet, on tail tip, on ears and around the mouth, spirit that is as afraid of humans as humans are afraid of it), or the Arabian Al'Mir'Aj (hare with unicorn horn, vampire incisors and keratin spots all over its body). See? And I just mentionned a little tiny few examples! There are hundreds of wonderful mythological beings like that, in folklores around the world. Why only make Greek and Norse legendary beings? Making a few researches would be good for Papo, Safari and company.
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 pm

[quote="MartinH"]musk ox bounce musk ox bounce musk ooooox bounce bounce
I think Papo is good with big hooves (cape buffalo, yak, bison, longhorn...) so I want musk ox with some nice and dynamic pose :) Very Happy [/quot

once aging it's a MUST-OX. but the entire family.alien alien alien alien alien
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:22 am

A bird of paradise i wish!! Very Happy Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:25 am

[quote="MARTINLATIN"]
MartinH wrote:
musk ox bounce musk ox bounce musk ooooox bounce bounce
I think Papo is good with big hooves (cape buffalo, yak, bison, longhorn...) so I want musk ox with some nice and dynamic pose :) Very Happy [/quot

once aging it's a MUST-OX. but the entire family.alien alien alien alien alien

lol! lol!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 am

widukind wrote:
A bird of paradise i wish!! Very Happy Very Happy
Oh yes,me too,me too! cheers bounce bounce drunken Very Happy

Argentavis

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:59 am

my papo wishlist for 2013:

mammals:
- Liger

sea animals:
- Blue whale
- Great white shark

prehistoric mammals:
- Dinotherium
- Megatherium (giant sloth)
- Megaloceros (giant deer)

dinosaurs:
- Giganotosaurus
- Acrocanthosaurus
- Deinosuchus
- Argentinosaurus
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:57 am

Now i am mostly a collector of Papos dinosaurs.

I wish for

Dilophosaurus

Apatoesaurus

Carnotaorus

A new Spinosaurus sculpt

and a Glyptoedont.

Now if Papo were to make these, i would also buy em

Pomeranian(tan and black varients)

natural ear Boxer

a Macaw

anaconda

Kappa

Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm

MAMMALS
Fossa
Fisher
Clouded/Bornean leopard
Snow leopard
Honey badger

BIRDS
Harpy eagle
Philippine eagle
African crowned hawk eagle
Titanis

REPTILES
Perentie
Alligator snapping turtle

SEA ANIMALS
Leopard seal (please)
Mako

PREHISTORIC MAMMALS
Dinohyus
Giant short faced bear
Thylacoleo
Irish elk (with muscular neck)
Hyaenodon

DINOSAURS
Baryonyx
Carcharondontosaurus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our choices for Papo 2013 ?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next