Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our choices for Papo 2013 ?

Go down 
+36
Tylosaurus
tyrantqueen
Metallisuchus
Kikimalou
trevok4
jesman00
Ana
Taos
Taylcoel
pm64
LukaLeon085
animalluvr6
scot(t)
Roger
Defteros
Takama
Argentavis
widukind
ken yeo
lucky luke
STORMnl
Mastiffcat
Deseo
Bowhead Whale
MartinH
Steve170
smithyboy
schleichsammler2008
Vivien
SUSANNE
Dinofiel
HKHollinstone
MARTINLATIN
kudu11
SommoDracorex
baltimore zoo
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
baltimore zoo

Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 1:07

For WIldlife Series: Papo should continue making what they excel in...
BIG CATS: (In different positions: Lions, tigers, jag and cheetah) & CROCODILIANS: a Gharial (Male with nodule on end of nose) and then perhaps a Warthog, Malayan Sun Bear, Baird's Tapir and a Kodiak Bear!

*Since most of our forum collectors really like Mojo(and since at this point don't collect Mojo), let them stick to all of antelopes/goats/sheep figures : )
*I would have bought Mojo White rhino(Very nice figure) if it had been larger(approximately 4.75" tall x 6.75" long).
*FYI, think Papo Moose, African Cape Buffalo, American Buffalo, and Wildebeest are nice figures(I have) of Papo.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 1:28

baltimore zoo wrote:
For WIldlife Series: Papo should continue making what they excel in...
BIG CATS: (In different positions: Lions, tigers, jag and cheetah) & CROCODILIANS: a Gharial (Male with nodule on end of nose) and then perhaps a Warthog, Malayan Sun Bear, Baird's Tapir and a Kodiak Bear!

*Since most of our forum collectors really like Mojo(and since at this point don't collect Mojo), let them stick to all of antelopes/goats/sheep figures : )
*I would have bought Mojo White rhino(Very nice figure) if it had been larger(approximately 4.75" tall x 6.75" long).
*FYI, think Papo Moose, African Cape Buffalo, American Buffalo, and Wildebeest are nice figures(I have) of Papo.

B-Zoo, most of STS collectors like Schleich and Mojo is only getting some increasing interest as it happens with Papo.The Mojo white rhino goes nicely with your Papo rhinos. All of them are small for your lions.
Anyway I'd loved your opinion about the new Mojo 2013 mountain lion:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is a young female, probably do not fit with your warrior style but as a cat lover it would be interesting to hear from you. cat

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 9:01

Yes, I know Mojo white rhino is same size as Papo black rhino, but still just not into buying it. I'm not saying all of Mojo's bad, they just don't appeal to my liking.

*So for 2012' I only got, CollectA's Striped Hyena (I feel a candidate for best figure), Red River Hog(after white touch up of facial hair will be nicer), and Safari Wildlife Wonders Wolf. My favorite's the Papo T-Rex(Boycotting Papo, because I didn't care for their 2012' line-up), but don't want to start collecting dinosaurs again(Have an entire collection of Hasbro Jurassic Park dinos).
Maybe Schleich Gladiator w/ Hyena? Of course, I will take off the chain/leash!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 11:50

Like B-Zoo, I love the Striped Hyena. It is awesome. (And after I fixed the wonky back legs on my own model, it was perfect.)

I'm pretty impressed with Mojo as well though and I'm really looking forward to getting the Rhino. (But it's important to admit that scale is just no longer as important to me.) The CollectA Rhino, on the other hand, is one that I have not been able to spend my money on. It looks weird to me. The Mojo Hippo and Crocodile (to name a few) were great this year. And I'm really looking forward to their 2013 line up: in addition to the Puma, which I like, they'll be making, among other things, a Babirusa, Gaur Bull, Bongo, Caracal, Tamandua, and Mouflon...Holy crap. I can hardly wait. CollectA is going to have to work really hard to compete.

I think Mojo's style of very poised, composed poses is going to serve them well with these interesting animal species. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 15:51

baltimore zoo wrote:
Yes, I know Mojo white rhino is same size as Papo black rhino, but still just not into buying it. I'm not saying all of Mojo's bad, they just don't appeal to my liking.

*So for 2012' I only got, CollectA's Striped Hyena (I feel a candidate for best figure), Red River Hog(after white touch up of facial hair will be nicer), and Safari Wildlife Wonders Wolf. My favorite's the Papo T-Rex(Boycotting Papo, because I didn't care for their 2012' line-up), but don't want to start collecting dinosaurs again(Have an entire collection of Hasbro Jurassic Park dinos).
Maybe Schleich Gladiator w/ Hyena? Of course, I will take off the chain/leash!

B-Zoo, we always judge in a very personal point of view. Probably the best Papo of this year is a dog and you don't select it only because you don't collect them. I don't have the striped hyena and it looks very nice, the typical short bodies of CollectA fit very well with the hyena once their bodies are not long. But the red river hog is a figure where the sculpting is not excelent and surely also not the painting.
So what makes you want it? Only because you like the species. The same with the hyenas. The same happens with me, if my choice of the best figures was only related with the excitment of a new species my choice only could be the Mojo Iberian lynx once it was the most wanted species for me. Although and if I think the sculpting is very good, even compared with the best vintage lynxes, I know that the painting is not perfect although good.
I still miss a lot of 2012 figures but the 2 figures that I cannot think in something relevant to change are the Mojo hippo and CollectA giraffe. They look almost perfect for me. Both, better than Papo relatives even I like a lot them and Papo hippo is in an exciting pose.
But they are not unusual species and are in ordinary poses. Anyway sculpting/painting are excelent! isn't it what turns a figure in an accurate replica? Pose, unusual species or purely personal tastes are not directly related with accuracy.
Reading great Scott's comment you will understand why Mojo and CollectA are getting our atention and probably, you will love Mojo babirusa even before you see the final figure once it probably is an interesting species for your taste.
About white rhino Mojo's is better than Papo's in all points, maybe except pose that is a subjective factor. ...and a pose is only an objective factor when it is not natural in a species. I'm sure you love the bizarre pose of Papo crocodile although it turns the figure less accurate, am I right? scratch

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 16:07

For Papo 2013

Mammals
More lions(in different positions, like one lying down)
caracal
serval
bushbuck
impala
jackal
vervet monkey
baboons
red lechwe
eland
waterbuck
tsessebe
Leopard (in different position)
More dogs
All african animals because thats my favorite to collect! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2012 - 9:25

R,
Not sure which dog you are referring too(Let me know), but personally I think T-Rex is Papo's best figure this year.
As I said, I like Striped hyena, think it's a descent representation. I think red river hog's fine, although maybe not perfect anatomically, but again it's fine, despite it could have a better paint job.
I prefer the Papo hippo over the Mojo (Mojo's ok, just prefer the Papo). Mojo giraffe have not seen enough pics to really give my opinion on(Maybe face paint could be a little more detail?). Papo giraffe is definitely not my favorite of their line, they need to improve their next giraffe.
Look forward to seeing Mojo Babirusa. It's not fair to compare Mojo White rhino to Papo Black rhino, since both are different species. So to say it's "better in all points", does not apply in this situation.
Personally I like Papo Nile croc. It's pose reminds me of a real Nile croc in a river awaiting wildebeests jumping down into the rivers edge, the croc in anticipation, twist it's body, while the gnus jump down from the cliff. I have watched nature documentaries and seen that body position. I would like to see Papo make a Nile croc similar in position to the new Mojo croc (Since that's a cool position as well).

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2012 - 21:51

I suggest this animal afro

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Aug 2012 - 23:30

baltimore zoo wrote:
R,
Not sure which dog you are referring too(Let me know), but personally I think T-Rex is Papo's best figure this year.
As I said, I like Striped hyena, think it's a descent representation. I think red river hog's fine, although maybe not perfect anatomically, but again it's fine, despite it could have a better paint job.
I prefer the Papo hippo over the Mojo (Mojo's ok, just prefer the Papo). Mojo giraffe have not seen enough pics to really give my opinion on(Maybe face paint could be a little more detail?). Papo giraffe is definitely not my favorite of their line, they need to improve their next giraffe.
Look forward to seeing Mojo Babirusa. It's not fair to compare Mojo White rhino to Papo Black rhino, since both are different species. So to say it's "better in all points", does not apply in this situation.
Personally I like Papo Nile croc. It's pose reminds me of a real Nile croc in a river awaiting wildebeests jumping down into the rivers edge, the croc in anticipation, twist it's body, while the gnus jump down from the cliff. I have watched nature documentaries and seen that body position. I would like to see Papo make a Nile croc similar in position to the new Mojo croc (Since that's a cool position as well).

OK, B-Zoo! I understand your comments. Let me only correct some little things.
First, I'm not talking about Mojo giraffe but about CollectA giraffe.
Second, I'm not comparing Mojo white rhino with Papo black rhino but with Papo white rhino.
That looks clear in my comment but it must be again a Language barrier... ? scratch
Last, what you see in documentaries is usually the part of the body of the crocodile that is out of water while atacking. They are not able to put their heads in almost 90 degrees like in Papo figure. They donnot use the legs to propulsion under water but only the powerful tail. The ventral part of the body is not in contact with the "ground" of the river.
The Papo crocodile's pose really remembers this fantastic scene but is artifitial, it is a show pose, not a realistic pose. I also love it but I'm clairvoyant enough to discern what is correct from what is only atractively false.
As I am also to see that Mojo hippopotamus is a more correct, detailed, manufactured and better painted figure than Papo although the Papo figure has a tremendous expression.
Remember, 8 is always more than 7, even if 7 is your favorite number. study

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2012 - 10:28

I like the position of CollectA giraffe, but that's about it. I totally forgot about the horrible original Papo White rhino! Thanks for clearing that up! So that's why I was only thinking newer Black rhino(Not a bad figure, just wish larger, more in scale to their big cats).
I have never quite analyzed the Nile croc body/head position while watching a documentary as excellently detailed as you did. You bring up such a good point about anatomical movements! Now, I wonder if figures are correct in body position for what an animal can or cannot do physically? Can an African Cape Buffalo(Mojo's) really extend it's front right leg out and keep it's left hind leg bent so that all the massive body weight pressure is on front right side half? Can Sarchosuchus(Mojo's) bend it's neck/spine vertebrae in that position? Is CollectA's new T-Rex with prey positioned correctly so that he/she wouldn't topple over? I am going to check out other figures to look for anatomic movement errors! Hopefully after checking the figures I own and may purchase I will be as clairvoyant as you, my friend!
Getting back to the croc, I meant it just reminded me of that scene, not perfectly, just a bit. Like I said, Mojo hippo's nice, I just prefer the Papo. However, would love to see a Papo hippo similar in body position like Mojo's.
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 Aug 2012 - 22:52

Since Papo is good in making cats..I would love to see a SNOW LEOPARD and a CLOUDED LEOPARD the way they know to do them...a BANTENG couple( male and female) and GELADA family. I would die if they or anyone else could do a CASSOWARY...it is so weird nobody thought about it, I find it a very colorful and interesting aninal to reproduce.....
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Aug 2012 - 21:04

pm64 wrote:
Since Papo is good in making cats..I would love to see a SNOW LEOPARD and a CLOUDED LEOPARD the way they know to do them...a BANTENG couple( male and female) and GELADA family. I would die if they or anyone else could do a CASSOWARY...it is so weird nobody thought about it, I find it a very colorful and interesting aninal to reproduce.....

Cassowaries are as rare in toy markets as Yara-Ma-Yha-Whoo's... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Aug 2012 - 19:36

baltimore zoo wrote:
I like the position of CollectA giraffe, but that's about it. I totally forgot about the horrible original Papo White rhino! Thanks for clearing that up! So that's why I was only thinking newer Black rhino(Not a bad figure, just wish larger, more in scale to their big cats).
I have never quite analyzed the Nile croc body/head position while watching a documentary as excellently detailed as you did. You bring up such a good point about anatomical movements! Now, I wonder if figures are correct in body position for what an animal can or cannot do physically? Can an African Cape Buffalo(Mojo's) really extend it's front right leg out and keep it's left hind leg bent so that all the massive body weight pressure is on front right side half? Can Sarchosuchus(Mojo's) bend it's neck/spine vertebrae in that position? Is CollectA's new T-Rex with prey positioned correctly so that he/she wouldn't topple over? I am going to check out other figures to look for anatomic movement errors! Hopefully after checking the figures I own and may purchase I will be as clairvoyant as you, my friend!
Getting back to the croc, I meant it just reminded me of that scene, not perfectly, just a bit. Like I said, Mojo hippo's nice, I just prefer the Papo. However, would love to see a Papo hippo similar in body position like Mojo's.

Sleep Sleep
Sorry for my delay checking your post. I'm not a big enthusiast of Mojo sarchosuchus pose but you know that crocodiles vertebrae are very bendable horizontally to the floor and not perpendiculary. You can see it mainly in the tail that they use for under water locomotion, in another words, a little like sharks and in opposition to whales.

But I doubt that the head/nec, can turn as much as in the figure.
Anyway, below a picture that shows a salthwater crocodile with very curved body and tail, not head. Not the same position but surprisingly curved.

By the way, I wish much more a salthwater croc in Papo range than a white croc! Laughing albino

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Aug 2012 - 20:32

No roger,,, :)

more prehistoric mammals

Martien Cool

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Aug 2012 - 20:34

STORMnl wrote:
No roger,,, :)

more prehistoric mammals

Martien Cool
yes, more detailed and better poses, even though they are already! Rolling Eyes

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012 - 19:27

Good points about Mojo Sarchosuchus.
Yes, I would like to see a Papo saltwater croc, but prefer a male Gharial!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012 - 19:47

baltimore zoo wrote:
Good points about Mojo Sarchosuchus.
Yes, I would like to see a Papo saltwater croc, but prefer a male Gharial!

Thanks! I agree about the garial, saltwater crocodile is very similar with Nile crocodile and Papo needed to make it larger than the current one what would represent a very large and expensive figure. Let's hope Mojo garial project takes place next year and let's cross our fingers to see if it is unless as good as Mojo Nile croc.

@Martien, I know you will enjoy my serious Papo wish. Our forum wanted Mojo to make a brontotherium but I continue wishing a elasmotherium and Papo looks a perfect brand to make it! bounce

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012 - 19:53

thats a nice picture,,

yeah let papo make a elasmotherium
but roger

maybey MOJO comes with the elasmatherium,,as a surprise figure

who know's Wink

Martien

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012 - 14:44

Would like to see the following

Water Buffalo
Banteng or Gaur
Anoa

Onager
Grevys Zebra
Kiang

Markhor
Bharal
Himalayan Tahr
Barbary Sheep
Wild Goat

Sika deer
Sambar deer
Chital

Eland
Roan
Bushbuck
Bongo
Mhorr Gazelle
Grants Gazelle
BlackBuck
Impala

Dhole
Maned Wolf
Raccon Dog

Sun Bear

Clouded Leopard
Ocelot
Serval
Fishing Cat
Caracal
Bobcat

More Dog breeds

Shorthorn Cattle
Africander
Watusi
Santa Gertrudis
Belgian Blue

Jacobs Sheep

Anglo Nubian Goat

Have lots more but that would be greedy!! :)

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012 - 0:21

Taylor that is an awesome list. Basically every entry is a fabulous idea (and I had fun looking up some of the animals I wasn't familiar with).

The ones I especially agree with you about are:

Water Buffalo (It is insane that no company is currently making a real Asian Water Buffalo.)
Gaur (It would be fun to compare the Mojo 2013 Gaur with one by another company.)
Markhor (This was new to me. Very cool.)
Maned Wolf
Ocelot (yes!!)

More Dog breeds (absolutely!)

And they need to get rid of their current lynx and make a good one or make a Bobcat, as you suggested.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012 - 0:32

scot(t) wrote:
Taylor that is an awesome list. Basically every entry is a fabulous idea (and I had fun looking up some of the animals I wasn't familiar with).

The ones I especially agree with you about are:

Water Buffalo (It is insane that no company is currently making a real Asian Water Buffalo.)
Gaur (It would be fun to compare the Mojo 2013 Gaur with one by another company.)
Markhor (This was new to me. Very cool.)
Maned Wolf
Ocelot (yes!!)

More Dog breeds (absolutely!)

And they need to get rid of their current lynx and make a good one or make a Bobcat, as you suggested.

I agree those are nice ideas, mainly the water buffalo, how is it possible? That's a good question.
Lineol made a markhor that you can see here! not mine!
About the lynx, if Papo wants to make a new lynx I'd rather a Canadian lynx than a bobcat! Very Happy

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012 - 20:21

Very interesting you said to make it a larger than their Nile croc. Only because, with todays figures, there really isn't "relative scale", so why(Even though we know, adult mature Salts are bigger than Nile crocs), and only if you put the figures in a croc display with only crocodilians(Not caring about "relative scale") would it matter? However, if you wanted to do an Australian Outback diorama, for example, Papo Koala and Platypus would be way to big in "relative scale" to a new Salt Water Croc figure (Which as you said should be slightly larger than their Nile Croc). So what I'm saying is, why does it matter what size they make it, if there basically is no "relative scale" anyway?

Yes, I could see a Gharial with mouth open basking in similar position to Mojo croc : ) That would be great!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012 - 20:50

Roger wrote:

About the lynx, if Papo wants to make a new lynx I'd rather a Canadian lynx than a bobcat! Very Happy

YES!!!! Canadian lynx, pleeeaaaase PAPO What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012 - 4:07

Roger wrote:

I agree those are nice ideas, mainly the water buffalo, how is it possible? That's a good question.
Lineol made a markhor that you can see here! not mine!

Arggh! That Sable and Markhor are both just beautiful!!

Back to top Go down
jesman00

jesman00

Country/State : holland

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012 - 15:11

those are mi choices

mammals:
asian elephant male
sable oryx
water deer
indian rhino
indian rhino calf
gorilla vemale
indian tapir baby
reindeer vemale and baby
bongo vemale male and baby

birds:
kiwi
humboldt pinguin

reptiles:
sea iguana
anacond
aligator

sea animals:
humpback wale baby
killer wale baby
leatherback turtle
walrus

prehistoric animals

doedicurus tongue

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our choices for Papo 2013 ?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next