Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knut, the polar bear

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Andy DC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy DC

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

Knut, the polar bear Empty
PostSubject: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Just saw this news article:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wouldn't it be great if Schleich released this memorial as a figure. Last year we saw many limited Edition figures, one from the Marbach Stud.
I think this could be a great opportunity for Schleich to make money and get in the public light, Knut was famous worldwide and it would also rekindle Schleich's old relationship with the Berlin Zoo, as well as giving us a new polar bear figure on a rock.

Do you think it's a good idea???? question question
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:12 pm

WOW, that statue is gorgeous cheers

Maybe it would also cost a fortune for a toy-manufacturer to copy it ? scratch

But it is a very good idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes it's a good idea Andy!

I didn't know he died, that is SO sad. I remember when he was first on the news and now he's gone, only four as well. Sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh,that's Knut! Very Happy I saw him only one time when we visited the Berlin Zoo and I stood maybe a quarter of a hour in front of his compound and just watched him... drunken cyclops I was very,very young at that time... Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:51 pm

I wish more companies would do that. Thats one thing that Breyer does alot and its really a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Maybe they'll see this and pick up on it or we could email them. It would be a proper limited edition figure (if they wanted it as limited) as well, instead of just a colour change on a figure!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Is a nice idea. I saw Knut in the summer 2010 as i visited the Berlin Zoo.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knut, the polar bear   Knut, the polar bear Empty

Back to top Go down

Knut, the polar bear
Page 1 of 1