Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
Roger
dlfrogman
Gabe
Silver Unicornis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! Empty
PostSubject: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Recently I got plenty of e-mails saying that someone replied in a given topics on this forum.
The problem is I haven't clicked anything to watch given topics, I just replied in them. I get those e-mails, and I have to "unwatch" a topic every time Neutral It's just annoying...
Can this be changed?

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Got the same problem here... scratch

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

If you go to your prefrences and click no on Notify me of replies that will fix it :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes, Rusty is right, anytime you reply to a topic the system assume that the member wants to watch the topic. You can change it in your preferences or anytime you reply to a topic and don't want to be notified, click at the end of the topic where it says stop watching the topic.
But the better is to change your preferences in your profile, make your options and see how well done is this forum. If anyone have problems making it you can always pm me or e-mail me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for the advice. :)
I corrected it.

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks Roger I didn't know about the Stop Watching thing at the bottom of the topic sometimes I like to only stop some replies so that will work perfect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks, I forgot I can change it Razz
But still, I didn't have this problem until very recently.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:15 pm

I think it is great to get those messages, - when klicking on the link in the message, you go directly to the latest news in the subject and don`t have to scroll/klick/search Wink

Or perhaps I am just too lazy Sleep Sleep Sleep Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:21 pm

I also love this messages, of course I don't use my main e-mail to receive them or it would be confuse. I get sometimes bored is when I don't receive it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Same problem here...
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Perhaps there is some problem with the forum? Because not all of a sudden I'm not getting any email notifications for the topics I am participating in.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 pm

I had the same problem a couple of days ago and after I kept deleting the topics from my "watching topics page" I realised I could stop it by changing my settings as Roger pointed out.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I don't know exactly how it works.
Sometimes we are watching a topic but after a certain time the system stops sending the alerts. We need to click in stop watching the topic and click again in start watching the topic what is a little weird.
I also noticed that in some forum sections, when 2 or 3 topics are opened in a short time, we only receive a forum alert.
Anyway the forum has a lot of ways to be visited, you can watch it using today's active topics; view new topics since your last visit or visiting from the home page. The better is study the many options the forum is offering! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:15 pm

I have the same problem with that messages. too many of them coming and it's quite not nice for me. In addition to that I've changed preferences in my profile few days ago but they still keep coming Shocked What to do? :) scratch
Strange, today I checked it second time and had to change it second time scratch Maybe it's something wrong with me affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm

I really have a problem. I have checked my preferences and it is ok and I am still receiving many messages. This is boring !
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Arnaud wrote:
I really have a problem. I have checked my preferences and it is ok and I am still receiving many messages. This is boring !
did you make sure you pressed the save button at the bottom? Sometimes I forget to press it Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Arnaud wrote:

Have you checked the option no in all alerts in your preferences?
Check carefully all of them and click the save button. If the problem continues please tell us. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!   I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them! Empty

Back to top Go down

I get notifications about "observed" topics even if I didn't want them!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Life on STS :: Problems and solutions-
Jump to: