Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Willy's Schleich additions...

Go down 
+63
Tarunyada
xacaxa
landrover
Kikimalou
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
onatello
NightLioness
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
widukind
WILLYBACOMAN
Fisva
cattlecollector
krista
kgroot
bojan
Chris Sweetman
Bloodrayne
animalluvr6
scot(t)
Elros Alvar
MARTINLATIN
Steve170
Sapphire
Sartje
pawprintzinsnow
Arnaud
Suebeedo
dlfrogman
ida
Ana
Vivien
saintgoku
skysthelimit
Cyhyraeth
STORMnl
Mastiffcat
weaselfan93
lucky luke
Sergey
Sumo
Admin
Kristie
MD1985
SyLoBe
atabini
remowshake
alexmotoc
remrock02
Nova
Arrakai
Siobhan
Rio
zbyszek
Wildheart
ken yeo
Gabe
Lasersword1973
schleich61
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Zwartvoet
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:44 am

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Congratulations Willy! Both are nice figures! cheers
Is it a cow, I can't remember??? scratch
Ahah! I also think the wolverine is the best, it is easy to be the best when there is no other in the market! There's an important flaw in this figure but it doesn't matter, I also have the wolverine and I like it! :)

Roger, aren't the legs far too thick to be similar to most wolverine species? When I look at this figurine, I'm not sure if I'm looking at a wolverine or a bear...!

Exactly, what's up is that wolverines have a half-plantigrad locomotion and are not completly plantigrad as bears! The completly plantigrad pose of the Schleich figure in hind legs, put the tickest part of the leg near the floor and it looks like a small bear in fact and of course the legs looks to thick. I don't know if it is a flaw or Schleich did it to the figure sell like a small bear for children, even the choice for a coat with low contrasst makes me think of it! Suspect
Phil, is not easy for me explain it in English but I hope you understand....
Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 Gulo_gulo4

On the other hand the Bullyland wolverine looks digitigrad but surely doesn't look like a bear....

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 3181HnXa2SL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:13 am

Thank you, Roger, for your excellent explanation; I found it to be easily understood. Also, I believe that the Bully version is closer to reality than the Schleich version. Nevertheless, I'm glad Schleich now has a version of this creature, as it is one of the only new Schleich wildlife figurines that I've found interests me... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 am

Thank you Sergey, Rogerio, Harriet and Phil! Very Happy

Yes, the wolverine has its legs to thick, but that is nothing new in Schleich, isn't it...
And it is to chubby overall like always...
I still don't understand how their sculptors seem to work sometimes, they can learn so much from the sculptors from the other modern companies! Shocked
But as it is the only one, with the Bullyand one, it is ok for me now.

And Harriet, haha, yes i made a very big mistake indeed! Embarassed
I assumed in the first place, that the Cape buffalo was a cow, as it came out with a calf...
Now you mentioned it, i looks a little bit better at the "details", and saw that is was a bull indeed.
But this means again, that the model has its flows, the horns and body are not big are massive enough for a male Cape buffalo..., to bad again Schleich, shame on you! Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 am

Congratulations, Willy. Those are absolutely "must-haves" for Schelich collectors, I think Very Happy

About the wolverine, - the head is perhaps also somewhat too large. I agree that they made it like that in order to appeal more to children ( or their grandmother Laughing )

Perhaps it would be an idea for Mojo in the future?

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks Susanne.
Well, i think they are not only good for Schleich collectors.
Both are good models, although they have their flows... Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Congratulations, Willy. Those are absolutely "must-haves" for Schelich collectors, I think Very Happy

About the wolverine, - the head is perhaps also somewhat too large. I agree that they made it like that in order to appeal more to children ( or their grandmother Laughing )

Perhaps it would be an idea for Mojo in the future?

Which idea Susanne??? The buffalo, wolverine or apealing strategy??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Congrats Willy!

After seeing the comparison of Bullyland & Schleich wolverine. I still feel that schleich should improve the accuracy of the small details. Even through the main target audience is children.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:44 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Thank you, Roger, for your excellent explanation; I found it to be easily understood. Also, I believe that the Bully version is closer to reality than the Schleich version. Nevertheless, I'm glad Schleich now has a version of this creature, as it is one of the only new Schleich wildlife figurines that I've found interests me... What a Face

Thanks Phil! I also would love to have the Bullyland figure and as I told I already have the Schleich and both are interesting figures for collectors. And it is not every year that we have such an interesting species! Of course all figures have their flaws but we are here to comment because we always want better and better, isn't it???
I don't mind if other brand makes another wolverine but of course I'd loved a even better one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Congratulation Willy, both are not perfect but very good models. Very Happy

I think Schleich models are less chubby this year, looking at the kudus and badger, it's also true with the Cape buffalo, the proportion are better than in the past. So it's a good point for SCHLEICH this year.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Roger wrote:

Erhhm, idea ? - chocolate cake ??? Shocked

Sorry Embarassed No, a perfect wolverine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken
When someone eats a lot of chocolate we call in Portugal a glutão! Glutão is also someone that eats a lot! Glutão is even the Portuguese name for a wolverine!
OK, I'll tell Mojo to make a perfect wolverine, chocolate eater! Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

Thanks Phil! I also would love to have the Bullyland figure and as I told I already have the Schleich and both are interesting figures for collectors. And it is not every year that we have such an interesting species! Of course all figures have their flaws but we are here to comment because we always want better and better, isn't it???
I don't mind if other brand makes another wolverine but of course I'd loved a even better one! Very Happy

Yes, it is a figurine I'd been dying for Schleich to produce for some time, but for me, it is the only such one released this year, which is a big disappointment for me. This reminds me that I need to pick one up soon. Hopefully, other brands will also feature this fascinating creature.

Now if I could only get Schleich to make some more interesting wildlife figurines, like a platypus, taz devil, echidna, wombat, capybara, zebu, bongo, cape hunting dog, muskrat, skunk, potto, cuscus, pangolin, serval, babirusa, monitors, uromastyx, anaconda, soft-shelled turtle, giant salamander, gibbon, coatimundi, sloth, etc., etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken
When someone eats a lot of chocolate we call in Portugal a glutão! Glutão is also someone that eats a lot! Glutão is even the Portuguese name for a wolverine!
OK, I'll tell Mojo to make a perfect wolverine, chocolate eater! Very Happy Wink

Just like the German word for it - vielfraß...!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken

Laughing We call somebody who eats a lot a Gourmand !!! tongue
I think it is a glutton in English Laughing
Here we are calling it en jærv alien

Yes, yes, please ask Mojo to make a perfect glutão-glutton-wolverine-jærv-animal cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken

Yes, yes, please ask Mojo to make a perfect glutão-glutton-wolverine-jærv-animal cheers

In France, someone who eats without hunger is a gourmand, someone who eats too much and too fast is a glouton; It's not excatly the same Wink
Glouton is how we are calling a wolverine here Laughing
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken

In France, someone who eats without hunger is a gourmand, someone who eats too much and too fast is a glouton; It's not excatly the same Wink
Glouton is how we are calling a wolverine here Laughing

Yes, a "gourmand" and a "gourmet" are very different creatures. Of course, when it comes to wine, Christophe is a true "gourmet" from what I understand... :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 am

In Portuguese we have many words with slightly different meanings, but glutão works for every senses. In Italian ghiotone is also the same, I think, because there are a lot of restaurants in Italia with this name! :)
Maybe our friend Paolo knows something about it.
The only thing I can say about Mojo 2012 is that we will have a lot of new figures! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 am

In Dutch it is "Veelvraat" which is exactly the same as in the German "Vielfrass", which is literally somebody who eats very much.
But the name came from the old Norwegian "fjellfross", which means actually mountaincat, as Fjell means mountain, and fross means male cat... Rolling Eyes
So this explains the Dutch and German names... Cool
But this animal can eat quit much in one time indeed, and he is quit ferogeous to, he is not afraid of any bigger animal he encounters in the wild! affraid

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am

Congratulations Willy for your new additions.

I am not a big fan of this Schleich's Cape Buffalo either. After Papo released their Cape Buffalo last year, I am sure Schleich should make their version even much better?

But still it is still consider a good addition for the collectors after all.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Thank you Ronald! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Ahhh, Willy, - yeat another beautyful avatar-fish Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

I guess, it changed already two times after that... Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:27 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I guess, it changed already two times after that... Laughing

But it is still lovely cheers
A little gubby, isn`t it ? drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:43 pm

schleich61 wrote:

Yes, a "gourmand" and a "gourmet" are very different creatures. Of course, when it comes to wine, Christophe is a true "gourmet" from what I understand... :)

Yes Phil cheers Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to be also a gourmand with wine drunken Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Yep, it is a male guppy! I used to have many of those little fishies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Willy's Schleich additions...
Page 10 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next