Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeol Animals

Go down 
+24
Sumo
ToxicHyena
robertelephant
WILLYBACOMAN
Numa
Philter4
Taos
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
skysthelimit
MartinH
Kikimalou
Wildheart
kudu11
Roger
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
SeanieP
Ana
Tiermann
widukind
jarda
castlerigg
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

jeol - Jeol Animals Empty
PostSubject: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We saw this advertisement in a wildlife magazine back in 1977 (or 1978?). Surprisingly, a shop in the village stocked the animals for a few months that Summer. Naturally, we bought some. They are 1:32 scale, like Britains, except for the huge Giraffe, which is in-scale with the 1950's Lineol animals.

Giraffe and Zebras.

Elephant family. ... sadly, every male Elephant in the shop had broken tusks.

Waterbuck and Impala.

Lion family.

Warthog and Bushpig.

Hyaena and Leopard.

All the animals are marked with a copyright symbol, JEOL, and HONG KONG.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Fantastic ones! For very long time I looked for any Jeol catalogue or model list, thank You very much for sharing these photos Very Happy

Some "experts" and rarities hunters claimed some time ago that the Jeol company made "tigon" and "pygmy-elephant" but never presented any photo. Now is all clear: As visible, that tigon is lion cub with slightly simplified painting and pygmy-elephant is African elephant calf...

BTW: I never expect that I see the complete Jeol collection in the mint condition. Really great ones! Congratulation!
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Thank you, jarda!

We have two of the lion cub and the spots on one of them have run together to look like stripes - this could be the basis for the theory that they made tigons.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Wonderful animals!!! Big congratulations!!! The waterbuck is great but i think my zoo wants the new CollectA waterbuck. But the bushpig!!!! Great!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

You are sure that is a bushpig???? If yes, i have a new target!!! lol! lol! lol!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

That's very interesting. Thanks for posting this. Jeol has been one of the animal mysteries for some time to many of us.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Wow! I love waterbuck and impalas and hyena and giraffe and elephants and, and they are all beautiful cheers I remember I searched any info about this brand just few days ago and couldn't find much and now You show photos here, wow! cheers Thank You so much for photos and info Sue and Lesley Very Happy
I wish I could find waterbuck from this brand one day for my collection Very Happy
Andreas, CollectA waterbuck is different specie Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:48 pm

I love the antelopes! fantastic
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 pm

They are fabulous ! Fantastic ! Phenomenal ! cheers

I never heard about them before, so this is very, very interesting new information for me, too Very Happy

Tahnkyou SO much flower flower sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Wow! I love the giraffe! If it's in scale with the Lineol figurines does that make it in scale with the Schleich zebras?

These are true gems in your collection Lesley and Sue, I have the lioness lying and I love her very much cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 pm

I've never even heard of this brand before! i love the antelope (of course) and agree with Harriet that the Lioness is wonderful.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks for showing Sue and Lesley! Very Happy
I didn't know the brand and I find all of them very nice! cheers
The delicate legs of the giraffe and the warthog personality of the warthog! pig
Beautiful! flower
Back to top Go down
kudu11

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:25 am

The waterbuck and impala are beautiful
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 am

You are so lucky to have the complete set! They all look great! Why don't you try making new tusks or the elephant? I would love to see him in his full glory! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:21 am

Congratulation Sue and Lesley, what a gorgeous collection. I heard about JEOL a long time ago and never managed to catch one. The models are really fine Cool

Thank you for sharing Very Happy Did you know if they made non-African models ?
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am

uff... giraffe is sooo pretty!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Those are very nice animals cheers

castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Glad everyone is finding this post useful!

Harriet, here is a picture of the JEOL Giraffe, a 1950's Lineol Griaffe and a Schleich Zebra.

Christophe, we never saw or heard of any more JEOL animals. (We live in a small village with no toyshop, and there was no Internet back then!)

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Congrats Sue! The models are fine & best is to scale.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:11 am

Thanks for the comparison picture! Really extraordinary! cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 am

I love the lioness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's very charming! Like the body position of the warthog!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 am

Also, meant to say, with most of the figures in the 1/32 scale, they look very nice when all displayed together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 am

castlerigg wrote:
Harriet, here is a picture of the JEOL Giraffe, a 1950's Lineol Griaffe and a Schleich Zebra.Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Thank you Sue and Lesley!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Great models-its the first time I have seen them all since that advert.I remember it being on the back of a wildlife magazine.I have admired the antelopes for a long time and have seen them a few times on ebay but was always outbid!!I did manage to get one of the zebras and a lion cub on ebay!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Really nice collection, I have been looking for one of the waterbuck ever since I saw the first photos of them. Thank you so much for the photos, they are great!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks so much for sharing these photos. It brings back so many memories of these elusive animals! They came out in the 70s but actually in the later years before they disapeared (late 1980s I remember seeing tubs of these at the Natural History Museum in London where each model around 25p-50p. I just remember being fascinated by the waterbuck and bought several over many trips there with my school. Then I lost all of them and regretted it!

Finally you have posted an article which puts it all into perspective and shows all the animals BUT I remember two things:

I remember that the tubs at the museum contained all the Jeol models pictured plus some other smaller animals like monkeys too. The article photo is from the 70s and some of the animals then were made of a brittle plastic HOWEVER in the late80s not only do i remember some newer animals, the plastic used was softer and the paintwork was much much better. I remember as the legs of the impala were very soft andsome models in the tub were deformed.

I remember all this because while the teachers showed other schoolkids some of the displays I kept running to the gift shop and playing/looking at these animals wishing I could buy them all........

thanks so much! WOuld be great to also see a later article or catalogue showing some of the other animals of which I am sure there were more!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   jeol - Jeol Animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeol Animals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next