Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeol Animals

Go down 
+24
Sumo
ToxicHyena
robertelephant
WILLYBACOMAN
Numa
Philter4
Taos
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
skysthelimit
MartinH
Kikimalou
Wildheart
kudu11
Roger
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
SeanieP
Ana
Tiermann
widukind
jarda
castlerigg
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Jeol Animals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 am

Thank you very much to show us these wonderfull Jeols Les and Sue!
I really in love with them.
I knew about this brand already a few years, since i am on forums, but never saw so much of them in this condition.
As i really love 1:32 scaled older brands, they are a real must have for me, and i hope i can find them all for a reasonable price in the near future! farao cheers study

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 pm

thanks for posting the ele pics esp, I only need the female to complete my set of whats shown, BUT there is a hippo and rhino and tiger and striped hyena at least out there too!Colour versions of black panther, redriver hogs and zebras.
The lion cub WAS also made as a Tigon, I had 3 variants in colouring and pattern, the tigon varient was striped all the way over.
The bull elephant IS clearly a forest, looking at the tusks on mine you can see so very easy- if you are redoing tusks then its very differnt to the Britains!
My theory is we are actually looking at very very early AAA! The later animals were similar to if not exactly same rubbery plastic, why the later impala females couldnt stand up,AAA began selling in Uk as these animals disapeared AND looking at the sculpting similarites between the AAA elephant and their own calfs you can see similarities, maybe the same sculptor, but.....

They were sold in France, USA, Britain and Canada- where Ive had figures from.
I envey you hugely for the female and if its ever needing a home let us know!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 pm

robertelephant wrote:
thanks for posting the ele pics esp, I only need the female to complete my set of whats shown, BUT there is a hippo and rhino and tiger and striped hyena at least out there too!Colour versions of black panther, redriver hogs and zebras.
The lion cub WAS also made as a Tigon, I had 3 variants in colouring and pattern, the tigon varient was striped all the way over.
AFAIK tigon is lion x tiger hybrid, so in this case that figure should be much larger (probably nearly similar in size as the lion adult). As mentioned in this thread, the first Jeol edition has slightly simplified painting, so I still think the small lion-like figure is the lion cub. Please, don´t reveal us the "tigon cub" theory :)

As I have only few infos about Jeol figures, I don´t know if there are another Jeol figures like hippo or rhino but I really doubt in the Jeol tiger existence, because all the known Jeol figures are related to African fauna.

Robert, I remember your posts about your Jeol collection in LG forum but when I asked You repeatedly for any pics, all my requests were ignored by You with no answer. So I ask You again now, do You have any Jeol figure not presented by Sue & Lesley in this thread? If so, can You please share the photo?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 am

Pics are always welcome on rare brands! cheers

ToxicHyena

Country/State : Mechanicsville , Maryland, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:12 pm

I AM DESPERATE to get a Jeol Spotted Hyena, The quality on your figures you got is so minty wonderful!
Very Happy

Quote :
Collector of all things Spotted Hyena!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/87962687@N03/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Yessss !!! I got my very first Jeol-model today : A leopard cheers

I was very surprised when I got him...he is tiny, little Shocked
But I love him very much, isn`t he wonderful ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are they all that small ? Or is this one a sort of "toob-model" ?
The logo is followed By : " A
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Congratulations Susanne!! A wonderful and rare catch!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 pm

That is small, but it sure is gorgeous - looks quite detailed too? Congrats! Very Happy

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Very cool Susanne! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm

He's wonderful, lovely find Susanne! sunny sunny I don't know what the "A" stands for, the two lions I have have different marks, one has no A at all and the other "A" - Jarda might know what they mean scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 pm

AFAIK the only figures with different signatures are the lions. I got the lion male with "Jeol" signature only (not "Hong Kong" as the Harriets one) and two lioness signed "Jeol "A"" and "Jeol "B"".

I have two Jeol leopards with different paint, these both are "Jeol "A"".

Congratulations, Susanne! sunny

Last edited by jarda on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 am

Wonderful catch Susanne Cool

Sleep Sleep scratch scratch I must find a JEOL bushpig... drunken
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 am

Congratulations, Susanne!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 am

Thankyou, friends cheers

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:52 am

kudu11 wrote:
The waterbuck and impala are beautiful

cheers drunken sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 am

Congratulations Susanne for Your first Jeol! cheers cheers Great one Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Yessss !!! I got my very first Jeol-model today : A leopard cheers

I was very surprised when I got him...he is tiny, little Shocked
But I love him very much, isn`t he wonderful ?

Are they all that small ? Or is this one a sort of "toob-model" ?
The logo is followed By : " A

Congratulations Susanne! I believe it is a very small figure once according with the experts of the forum Jeol made the figures in 1:32 scale, the same as Britains. My Britains leopard is a very small figure, far smaller than a Schleich leopard, so this one is probably the same size of the Britains. cat

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Thankyou, Anna and Roger Very Happy

Roger wrote:

according with the experts of the forum Jeol made the figures in 1:32 scale, the same as Britains. My Britains leopard is a very small figure, far smaller than a Schleich leopard, so this one is probably the same size of the Britains. cat

Ohh, great ! Thanks, Roger ! So it IS the "right" one cheers

castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

Yes, Susanne, it's "the right one." See our pics at the beginning of this topic.

Lesley.

Castlerigg.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am

Thankyou, Lesley cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 am

Congrat Susanne! Great to own a Jeol finally, i still don't own any of them... Crying or Very sad

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: JEOL   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering about JEOL, we are a Japanese company and have been making Electron Microscopes for over 60 years. The President of the company in the 1970's had a personal desire to promote education among young people and commissioned the production of the toy animals as part of this strategy. The venture was short lived, but we still make Electron Microscopes today. www.jeol.com
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Jason2013 wrote:
Just in case anyone was wondering about JEOL, we are a Japanese company and have been making Electron Microscopes for over 60 years. The President of the company in the 1970's had a personal desire to promote education among young people and commissioned the production of the toy animals as part of this strategy. The venture was short lived, but we still make Electron Microscopes today. www.jeol.com

Welcome on forum Jason! Very Happy
It is very kind from you to give all this information about Jeol. Very Happy
Once we are a community of collectors of animal replicas, it is obviously a shame that we can't find easily your beautiful animal figures from 70's years. Sad
I wish good luck to your company and please, if you know an easier way of finding these figures or better, if you plan in future to make new figures or reuse these good molds, please let us know. bounce Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:06 am

Roger wrote:

Welcome on forum Jason! Very Happy
It is very kind from you to give all this information about Jeol. Very Happy
Once we are a community of collectors of animal replicas, it is obviously a shame that we can't find easily your beautiful animal figures from 70's years. Sad
I wish good luck to your company and please, if you know an easier way of finding these figures or better, if you plan in future to make new figures or reuse these good molds, please let us know. bounce Very Happy

What to say more cheers thank you for these beautiful cheers and so rare What a Face models Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 am

Thank you Sue and Lesley for showing these fantastic creatures\toys I would like so much to own especially the impala couple.....! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeol Animals   Jeol Animals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeol Animals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next