Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!

Go down 
+7
PeGe
Roger
weaselfan93
Cyprian
widukind
SUSANNE
K907
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! Empty
PostSubject: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I will be posting up pictures of my stuff soon. I've also managed to get the VW jaguar, baby elephant, female giraffe. I even got the Incredible Creatures rhino viper and Smithsonian praying mantis.

Last edited by K907 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:19 pm

WOW! Congratulations flower

I can`t wait to see them, - SUCH lucky finds cheers

K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 12:20 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW! Congratulations flower

I can`t wait to see them, - SUCH lucky finds cheers

Yup it just goes to show the more you want something, the more likely you will find it also known as the Law of Attraction, that's how I find my stuff, it just takes time, patience, and gratitude!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am

You are right ! Time , patience, gratitude...and sometimes a bit of money, too Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Congratulations!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyprian

Country/State : United States, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:16 am

K907 wrote:
I will be posting up pictures of my stuff soon. I've also managed to get the VW jaguar, baby elephant, female giraffe. I even got the Incredible Creatures rhino viper and Smithsonian praying mantis.

Ahhh! So you're the evil one who outbid me on that female giraffe! Haha, I was waiting until the last minute to bid again in attempt to outbid you but my internet went out. I was so bummed, I emailed the seller to say just in the case the buyer fell through I'd like it, and she replied, "I don't think the seller will, they are from Alaska and bid three times". I'm glad it was you and not someone who didn't truly want it! I actually won the female giraffe from the same seller you got the elephant from this time around (I'm assuming, anyways) - not as pretty as yours, but maybe I can touch her up. Congrats on your great finds! I think I'm down to only needing the adult gemsbok (which may never be found apparently). Is there a checklist that you know of for the Vanishing Wilds?
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:55 am

Cyprian wrote:
K907 wrote:

Ahhh! So you're the evil one who outbid me on that female giraffe! Haha, I was waiting until the last minute to bid again in attempt to outbid you but my internet went out. I was so bummed, I emailed the seller to say just in the case the buyer fell through I'd like it, and she replied, "I don't think the seller will, they are from Alaska and bid three times". I'm glad it was you and not someone who didn't truly want it! I actually won the female giraffe from the same seller you got the elephant from this time around (I'm assuming, anyways) - not as pretty as yours, but maybe I can touch her up. Congrats on your great finds! I think I'm down to only needing the adult gemsbok (which may never be found apparently). Is there a checklist that you know of for the Vanishing Wilds?

Thanks, Susanne (yup money is important as well) and Widukind!

@LMAO, yes Cyprian that was me the seller told me about your situation and I was like OMG. Yup everything has to do with the right timing. I had a weird feeling to look up the vanishing wild on ebay and lo and behold the elephant was there. I even won the snow leopard family, luckily i bidded high on advance. That seller at first didnt ship to AK but i told her ive been looking for these figures for a long time and so yay! Oh yeah thanks and congrats to you to! My female giraffe has a few paint scuffs but its really minor. I really wanted to get the male lion (I have the more recent paint job which is a p.o.s and the face looks awkward).

You can probably find the gemsbok at garage sales, or the like. Envision yourself already having it and you will get it. I spotted it once on eBay germany. I almost won the calf in a lot.

Heres what i know of:

Polar bear family (theres actually two versions of the male, the older one has its mouth clised and paws dwn and the 2003 version has its claws up and mouth open).

Reticulated giraffe family

Siberian tiger family

Gorilla family

Snow leopard family

Lion family

Grey and white wolf family

White Siberian tiger family

Elephant and calf

Gemsbok and calf

Mountain lion

Black panther

Jaguar

Bengal tiger

Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 am

Oh i forgot the brown bear and cub.
Back to top Go down
Cyprian

Country/State : United States, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:10 am

@LMAO, yes Cyprian that was me the seller told me about your situation and I was like OMG. Yup everything has to do with the right timing. I had a weird feeling to look up the vanishing wild on ebay and lo and behold the elephant was there. I even won the snow leopard family, luckily i bidded high on advance. That seller at first didnt ship to AK but i told her ive been looking for these figures for a long time and so yay! Oh yeah thanks and congrats to you to! My female giraffe has a few paint scuffs but its really minor. I really wanted to get the male lion (I have the more recent paint job which is a p.o.s and the face looks awkward).

You can probably find the gemsbok at garage sales, or the like. Envision yourself already having it and you will get it. I spotted it once on eBay germany. I almost won the calf in a lot.

Heres what i know of:

Polar bear family (theres actually two versions of the male, the older one has its mouth clised and paws dwn and the 2003 version has its claws up and mouth open).

Awesome - Thank you! I didn't know there were any variations, guess I'm not just down to the gemsbok, ha. I'll have to see which polar bear/male lions I have. I will take your advice and picture that gemsbok in my hands! Haha. I happened along the baby in a lot also, and I've seen it again once. I'll let you know if I stumble across it again. What else are you looking for so I can keep an eye out?
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: I won a VW elephant!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:35 pm

congratulations. i lost the female giraffe and the snow leopards to you Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Yay I won a VW elephant!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

oh yeah, and thank you so very much for insulting my repaint vw male lion
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:00 am

Poor Lance! Sad
Remember that when you win it means that someone lost. Those are the bones of a collector as we say in Portugal. Laughing
You are very young, you'll find some more surely! Wink

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:54 am

@Cyprian, yup you will eventually run into what your looking for. Same thing you can keep an eye out on another Gemsbok. I'm also looking for the original paint job of the VW male lion and the jaguar.

@Lance a helpful tip is to bid in advance (like a day or two) make the bid higher, like for those I put like $60 so that way I won't get outbid. Did you get the PM I sent you? The mountain had the adult elephant, female giraffe, and the snow leopards. The seller says the animals can come off easily as they are lightly glued. The paint jobs on those are fantastic as they don't show any sun damage and they're bright and clear!

Yeah to be honest I hate the lion I have, it just doesn't look right. This is what the stock photo of the more recent paint and it looks fantastic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well the Wildlife Wonders one blows this one out of the water.

@Roger haha yup your right!

And yes the stuff came in so I will try to post up pics soon!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 am

K907 wrote:

Very Happy Hurrayy for Andreas cheers

And for all the other wonderful people who help us all the time flower sunny flower

K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
K907 wrote:

And for all the other wonderful people who help us all the time flower sunny flower

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In other news check this ridculousness out:

Really $99! This seller is known for jacking up the prices! I got my jaguar for like $16 recently on eBay. The seller sells the Colorata animals individually for like $39-42 or something like that, just buying two figures would be the price of the whole boxset, Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:12 am

K907 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
K907 wrote:

Really $99! This seller is known for jacking up the prices! I got my jaguar for like $16 recently on eBay. The seller sells the Colorata animals individually for like $39-42 or something like that, just buying two figures would be the price of the whole boxset, Evil or Very Mad

The seller is one of us. Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:59 am

Well, the seller also has some fabulous models , - and you never know.....
These models do get more and more rare, so some day...if Samson can afford to wait, it is his models, and he can ask what he wants, I think Rolling Eyes

16 dollars, WOW! You got a bargain there cheers flower

K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:10 am

widukind wrote:
K907 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
K907 wrote:

The seller is one of us. Very Happy

Oh oops lol. Well whatever, you do what you gotta do to make money. Sorry to the seller.
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Well, the seller also has some fabulous models , - and you never know.....
These models do get more and more rare, so some day...if Samson can afford to wait, it is his models, and he can ask what he wants, I think Rolling Eyes

16 dollars, WOW! You got a bargain there cheers flower

Yup and it's in excellent condition.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:11 pm

sick pricing,...
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Pictures uploaded!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 am

Ok sorry it took so long, just been busy with school! Anyways I love the elephant and her calf. I took a picture of the male lion face up close, it just looks weird to me. It might just need a better paint job, same goes for the Bengal Tiger. I expecting more wolves (so I'm done with the VW wolf hunt). Anyways enjoy (just click on the picture to see a bigger image). I also included the Incredible Creatures Rhino Viper and Smithsonian Praying Mantis:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 am

And completed Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection

Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:22 am

WOW! They look wonderful! Such beautiful figures Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 am

Big congratulations Kevin, I love the elephants and I don't think I've seen the grizzly bear before.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Congratulations on your wonderful finds. Great collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!   Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED! Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay I won a VW elephant! PICS UPLOADED!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd. additions-
Jump to: