Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...

Go down 
+14
baltimore zoo
scot(t)
Kikimalou
Roger
HKHollinstone
MartinH
aandmkw
SUSANNE
bojan
widukind
ken yeo
animalluvr6
K907
SeanieP
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... Empty
PostSubject: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 am

The first of many sables was mailed to me yesterday: the Safari bull Sable. Pictures do not do it justice. For an animal that is mostly black with white tones, the detail ia amazing. I also never knew that the back of the Sable's ears are a tan color--not black. At least that is what this one presents. Any truth to that? I never really looked behind a sable's ear!lol! Well, here he is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here he is compared to his cousin, the Roan Antelope (Noah's Pal version)

And with the Schleich zebra stallion:

Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 am

Gorgeous figure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 am

He is beautiful! I am not sure if their ears are tan....lol! Congrats on your wonderful addition Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 am

Congrats SeanieP!! Thanks for showing & just added on my wish list.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:45 am

Phantastic sable!! Big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 am

This is wonderful, thanks for showing!
Now, let the Battle of the Sables begin! lol!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 am

Bojan wrote:

YESSS!!!!!! cheers

Wow, what a gorgeous model Very Happy
Lucky, lucky you, - and thankyou for the great photoes flower

And, - yes, the ears are tan on the backside look here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alien

SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:19 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Bojan wrote:

YESSS!!!!!! cheers

Wow, what a gorgeous model Very Happy
Lucky, lucky you, - and thankyou for the great photoes flower

And, - yes, the ears are tan on the backside look here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alien

Ah, thank you Susanne for the photos! that proves it, not that I doubted the almighty Safari LTD!
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am

Congratulations on this wonderful sable. Great photos.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 am

oooooh... i love him!!! Shocked I want him! cheers

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 am

He looks really nice Shawn! Congratulations! cheers cheers Thanks for all the great photos too bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:34 am

Congratulations for your Safari sable antelope! After a long time participating in the review of the Mojo sable it is relatively easy to see what is wrong in that figure. But, more important is that I can also see what is well done and the figure is in general very good! :)
Harriet posted Mojo's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you can see the same detail in the ears! :)
Safari and Mojo take this hobby seriously in the scientific way, a detail that easily would be negleted by Schleich or Papo where the apealing looking of the figure is more important than these details! Very Happy
In my wish list, thanks for your beautiful pictures! sunny

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 am

I can't wait to have mine too bounce bounce bounce

Congratulation Shawn and thank you for the pics Very Happy .

I will have four (or maybe five Wink ) more sable antelopes on my shelves this year cheers
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:01 am

Wow! that is a great figure Shawn!! (it's 'shawn'? and not 'sean'?) Congratulations. I'm really looking forward to getting it myself. May I ask where you ordered it from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:08 am

OMG .. She is wonderful! cheers and for this the perfect scale for the Roan antelope and zebra!! Very Happy

Congratulations!! exclamation exclamation exclamation sunny
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 am

So is Safari Sable the best Sable figure?
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So is Safari Sable the best Sable figure?

I'm certainly looking forward to getting it (the only place that seems to be selling it online is Safari's own site), but I'm also really looking forward to this one as well and think it represents some serious competition:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 pm

I know that there was not a single sable in the market before and now we have 3 or 4 excelent figures! :)
I'm sure this forum has a huge responsability in it and STS is already a reference for some of the most important brands in the market. cheers

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 am

For anyone interested, I just got the Sable in my hands, and I calculated the scale to be exactly 1:22.4 (representing a maximum sized bull), so that's a perfect fit for the Schleich Zebras and Lions, etc. Unfortunately, the Roan Antelopes from Noah's Pals are between 1:22 - 1:25, so while they do fit with this Sable, they represent animals that are at the minimum range in size.

Also, I got the new Wild Safari White-tailed Deer male & female. I'll try to post pics later. The male is around 1:16 scale, so I assume the female is supposed to be as well. What does that mean? Well, it means that for accurately scaled displays, it'll look good next to many Wild Safari figures (like the Black Bear, Wolves, Cougar, Coyote, etc.), but not the new Sable, and not many Schleich wildlife. Both deer are really beautiful figures. Their colors are rich and sharp, lot's of contrasts and shading. Definitely ideal representations of what could be considered by many people to be rather boring, run-of-the-mill animals. So two thumbs up for the new Whitetail Deer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
So two thumbs up for the new Whitetail Deer.

I like Whitetail Deers and I don't think they're boring, maybe what we all want is some other Deers as well, like the Sika Deer.
Pictures on their website and some other sites on the net also look promising. I will definitely buy this year's models. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Bojan wrote:
I like Whitetail Deers and I don't think they're boring, maybe what we all want is some other Deers as well, like the Sika Deer.
Pictures on their website and some other sites on the net also look promising. I will definitely buy this year's models. Very Happy

I don't find them boring, either haha. I'd also like some other deer, but until then, I'll definitely settle for these two new figures. They look identical to pictures of them on the Safari website, as does the Sable, really. The only new figure that looks different from how it is pictured online is the Blacktip Reef Shark, which is a dark brown body color as opposed to the grey color I was expecting. Otherwise, it's a really great figure, but the color is really dark, like a light chocolate color. While some Blacktip Reef Sharks are brown, I've not see any that are quite as dark as the figure is. I'm sure that Safari will repaint it in the future to make it more grey in color, so I'll have to buy it again haha.

They also updated the Wild Safari Hammerhead Shark paint scheme, making it identical in color to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Great Hammerhead Shark figure. It's very well done, a few highlights here and there to distinguish it. Since Hammerheads are my favorite, I had to pick one up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I want a lot to see the white-tailed deer. It looks really promissing in catalogue pictures. The stag is surely better than previous one and also than Schleich and Mojo's.

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 pm

scott wrote:
Wow! that is a great figure Shawn!! (it's 'shawn'? and not 'sean'?) Congratulations. I'm really looking forward to getting it myself. May I ask where you ordered it from?

Scott, My "screen" name is Seanie but I spell is Shawn. Ya, confusing!!! I got the sable here online...

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

SeanieP wrote:
scott wrote:

Scott, My "screen" name is Seanie but I spell is Shawn. Ya, confusing!!! I got the sable here online...

Thanks Shawn!! I ended up ordering the Safari Sable from a museum store (through eBay). It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm pretty excited.

sphyrna18 wrote:
For anyone interested, I just got the Sable in my hands, and I calculated the scale to be exactly 1:22.4 (representing a maximum sized bull), so that's a perfect fit for the Schleich Zebras and Lions, etc. Unfortunately, the Roan Antelopes from Noah's Pals are between 1:22 - 1:25, so while they do fit with this Sable, they represent animals that are at the minimum range in size.

Also, I got the new Wild Safari White-tailed Deer male & female. I'll try to post pics later. The male is around 1:16 scale, so I assume the female is supposed to be as well. What does that mean? Well, it means that for accurately scaled displays, it'll look good next to many Wild Safari figures (like the Black Bear, Wolves, Cougar, Coyote, etc.), but not the new Sable, and not many Schleich wildlife. Both deer are really beautiful figures. Their colors are rich and sharp, lot's of contrasts and shading. Definitely ideal representations of what could be considered by many people to be rather boring, run-of-the-mill animals. So two thumbs up for the new Whitetail Deer.

This is fantastic news and I'm really looking forward to the pictures of the Whitetailed Deer. I was excited about them when I saw pictures on line, but it sounds like they are even better! When Safari does figures right, they really do amazing work!

Definitely post pictures! and Congratulations!!

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:12 pm

I'll try to post some pics in a little bit. Unfortunately, i only had my cell phone to take the pix - i left my camera at my office, but I have a few pics of both the Sable as well as the White-tailed Deer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...   The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Safari LTD Sable is in my hands! finally...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next