Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+13
bojan
widukind
Roger
Joan Milelire
Gabe
Ana
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
Wildheart
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:46 am

Thank you so much Chris for these photos!!! Now I know for sure I love this model!!! I love the pose, head, horns (I have a problem with Mojo´s horns... ) :) I can´t wait for mine in my collection!! cheers cheers

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:09 pm

I really like this model for some reason - however I still think the hooves and feet are too big/wide. I wish Safari could make their hoofed animals with smaller and smaller hooves!

Also the horns seem to seem backwards too quickly and it should be upright a little more. Perhaps a moulding issue with the plastic - something which we could fix with the hair dryer/cold water method.

however I like the detail on this model and it seems to have character, I think its very nice indeed! Cant wait to get a herd of them....
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Martin, Numaan, I'm happy if my pics enjoyed you Wink .

Numaan, I can't wait for the COLLECTA to complete the herd Laughing
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Numaan wrote:
I really like this model for some reason - however I still think the hooves and feet are too big/wide. I wish Safari could make their hoofed animals with smaller and smaller hooves!

Also the horns seem to seem backwards too quickly and it should be upright a little more. Perhaps a moulding issue with the plastic - something which we could fix with the hair dryer/cold water method.

however I like the detail on this model and it seems to have character, I think its very nice indeed! Cant wait to get a herd of them....
Exactly!!
Safari is weird with hooves... they are too big and round (cape buffalo, giraffes, pronghorn, oryx...). I don´t like them scratch
Hooves of horses, zebras or donkeys are great but other animals... nope. scratch

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:06 pm

MartinH wrote:
Numaan wrote:

Exactly!!
Safari is weird with hooves... they are too big and round (cape buffalo, giraffes, pronghorn, oryx...). I don´t like them scratch
Hooves of horses, zebras or donkeys are great but other animals... nope. scratch

That's only problem to me too! Always oversize!!

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

ken yeo wrote:
I think I like the pose more than mojofun.
me too ...

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm

I must put a link showing that the pose of the Mojo sable was a choice from members of this forum, Kiki already told it, isn't it a little unelegant this kind of comments when it was the first brand that gave us the chance of making such choice?
It doesn't surprise me that some brands are very far from us, like Schleich, Papo and so. Sad
I have a huge respect for the democratic decisions of this forum and for the brands that care with collector opinions.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:54 pm

The main problem is - people mix phrase "good pose" with "good model"
Is this a good pose? Yes, I suppose it is...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Well, nobody is perfect Laughing

I guess every sable will find a fan club... And that's not a bad thing. I understand one can prefer the pose of the SAFARI Ltd. Even if the MOJO pose was the choice of STS, some members disagreed and again, why not ? But it's fair to remember the pose was not MOJO choice.

I have the SAFARI ltd and MOJO FUN models and I have my favorite too, but my "less loved" one is a very good model too... 2012 will probably be an excellent year for collectors Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:57 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Well, nobody is perfect Laughing

I guess every sable will find a fan club... And that's not a bad thing. I understand one can prefer the pose of the SAFARI Ltd. Even if the MOJO pose was the choice of STS, some members disagreed and again, why not ? But it's fair to remember the pose was not MOJO choice.

I have the SAFARI ltd and MOJO FUN models and I have my favorite too, but my "less loved" one is a very good model too... 2012 will probably be an excellent year for collectors Very Happy
Exactly! I was speaking just for myself, Roger Neutral And you know I had some problems with standing pose of Mojo sable... we had a little fight about it... But even though I like this model and it will not be missing in my collection! I looove Mojo as a brand. I love them for listening to fans and James is a great guy and it´s nothing against them!!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:57 pm

MartinH wrote:

Exactly! I was speaking just for myself, Roger Neutral And you know I had some problems with standing pose of Mojo sable... we had a little fight about it... But even though I like this model and it will not be missing in my collection! I looove Mojo as a brand. I love them for listening to fans and James is a great guy and it´s nothing against them!!

I forget to say the "best pose" isn't the main criterion to choose my favorite Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I only have the Safari sable so far but will get the other three. I really would say the pose of the Safari Sable is my favorite, as well as the female CollectA Sable. The Safari one looks to be hand painted with a very bright white while the Mojo and CollectA are airbrushed with a less bright white. The stance of the Safari one I think is exactly the same as the Safari Zebra...but they are great. I like his face--not sure which is more true to life but I feel the Mojo face looks very thin.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Even thin, the MOJO fun face, and body Wink , is more true to life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I forget to say the "best pose" isn't the main criterion to choose my favorite Laughing Wink
Same here...

Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

I like the pose, brighter paint and muscles of this one better than mojo's and collecta's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sable antelope 2012 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2