Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria

Go down 
+8
Bernyto
krista
widukind
scot(t)
aandmkw
landrover
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria Empty
PostSubject: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:30 pm

I consider these dinos to be among the greastest replicas ever made.
The manufacterer is Sideshow Collectibles, known for its premium quality action figures for different blockbusters, video games, etc.
They have a line of action figures devoted to dinos (both single figures and dioramas). I'm quite lausy at this subject, but believe that those dinos are rather accurate and not too "movie-like". At least their moulding is magnificent Very Happy
Please enjoy :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:39 pm

WOW!!!!! Shocked

They are FABULOUS cheers

They probably cost more than my car did 6 years ago, - but oooooh, we can always dream, can`t we ? drunken

Thankyou very much for the pictures flower

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks for sharing these marvellous dinos.

I think that are very detailed.

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I LOVE these dinosaurs. They are absolutely amazing. I agree with Susanne that the price is a bit more than we can afford sometimes, but to be able to have one in your collection would be amazing. I would love to see one in person.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Wow! I'm not a dinosaur collector, but these are amazing! Thank you for posting the pictures.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Absolutly phantastic!! I think new targets for any of us!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am

aandmkw wrote:
I LOVE these dinosaurs. They are absolutely amazing. I agree with Susanne that the price is a bit more than we can afford sometimes, but to be able to have one in your collection would be amazing. I would love to see one in person.

Well, that dioram with fighting velociraptor and protoceratops is currently available in my country, and its price is about $300.
As for the others- no idea, but I believe it's quite the same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Those are gorgeous. But lucky for my wallet, I got no particular interest in them, because they're not really toys...

Anyway, I think that the carnotaurus is my favourite of these. Also, the proud pose of the styracosaurus is wonderful.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the poor parasaurolophus?! It's my favourite dinosaur! ;__; That's a statue I would never get!

Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm in love of this figures! Anyboy have one of them? I would like to buy but the prices are very high.

I give you a video where show the collection of one person

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:56 am

Bernyto wrote:
I'm in love of this figures! Anyboy have one of them?

I've got the Styracosaurus. In case you're still interested, here are a few shots, albeit very poor - the figure's too big to fit in the confines of my "studio background" i.e. slip of cardboard, hence the graceless cropping, etc.:

Further pictures behind this cut - click!:
More similarly crude pictures of my copy can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 am

The skin is so detailed, amazing!
Characteristic face and body. Congrats!!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:33 pm

O.M.G. What an awesome model  affraid 

And from what I can see in the first pictures of this topic, he is also one of the very best !

Thankyou very much for the magnificent pictures  flower 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks for the comments. It is my favourite of the series as well, although I wouldn't mind having to make room for that Apatosaurus as well... Proper heft, that one has! And anyways, I'm biased - I swoon over ceratopia, I'm afraid.

NightLioness wrote:
The skin is so detailed, amazing!
I, too, quite like it. I'm particularly delighted by how the skin is depicted as very thin in places - reptilian rather than the more often seen pachydermic... I was a little disappointed by the level of detail, though - for a sculpt so large, I'd expect surface detail a lot sharper than seen on the Styraco.

Cyhyraeth wrote:
I'm  quite lausy at this subject, but believe that those dinos are rather accurate and not too "movie-like". At least their moulding is magnificent Very Happy
As I understand, David Krentz was a major collaborator among the sculptors behind these pieces. (Certainly it shows in the Styraco and Rex, to my eyes at least.) From what I gather (for I'm quite lousy at this, too) he is known for his accurate and well-researched sculpts.

krista wrote:
Am I the only one who feels sorry for the poor parasaurolophus?! It's my favourite dinosaur! ;__; That's a statue I would never get!
Oh, parasaurolophus, the eternal dinosaur whipping boy. Synonymising it for 'prey' has been a long-running gag meme in the paleoart world, hasn't it? I'd get the sculpt in a heartbeat, though, had I the funds - because: that croc! Hella big!

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:13 am

This line has been very expensive, so expensive that I could only dream of owning these.

However, maney of them are being re-released in new color scemes

Carnotaurus

Spinosaurus

Styracosaurus

Camerasaurus vs Allosaurus

Stegosaurus

Apatosaurus

and here are some brand new items

Tyrant King Lizard

Mosasaur

Triceratops

I now leave you guys in Aw, as you dream of owning these beauty's Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:21 am

WOW! Ohh, they are fabulous, wonderful, awesome, stunning, amazing, gorgeous, WOW  !! affraid cheers Applause Applause

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW! Ohh, they are fabulous, wonderful, awesome, stunning, amazing, gorgeous, WOW  !! affraid cheers Applause Applause
.....and so EXPENSIVE  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:55 am

So gorgeous. I would love to have that Carnotaurus and Apatosaurus. But they're just too dang expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria   Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria Empty

Back to top Go down

Sideshow Collectibles Dinosauria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Non toy animal items-
Jump to: