Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Species identification topic

Go down 
+63
Cepaea
bmathison1972
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
Hippocollector
Shanti
George
Joliezac
Jill
75senta75
Stripedhyena
Birdsage
pipsxlch
Mitsukuni
Pepi
Roy-Swetsie
WILLYBACOMAN
Bonnie
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
costicuba
RtasVadumee
Steve170
Giulia
Advicot
spacelab
landrover
Caracal
Megaptera
Dutch Bear
Pardofelis
halichoeres
barracudacat
Jolinem
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
Logan'sArk
NightLioness
Silver Unicornis
jarda
sbell
arafan
Tarunyada
QuollMate
EmperorDinobot
Bonobo
widukind
elephas_maximus
Kikimalou
DaveScriv
LeeAnn
NandO
Roger
Dorkan
stef1000
Taos
Dr.Narayanan
krista
Tiermann
SUSANNE
Katty
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Species identification topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm

tapirback says

1. bushbaby
2.proboscis
3. black howler
4. barbary macaque
5.Golden lion tamarin
6.uakari
7.capuchin
8.rhesus macaque

Very Happy Very Happy

first pic

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 pm

No 13 is a probiscis monkey cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:00 pm

8 and 9 i think orang utan, 10 Pavian and 15 mandrill

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: species and brand of this sea life animal ??   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 am

otter ? scratch 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Looks like a cross between an otter and a naked mole rat. scratch Yes, I suppose it's supposed to be an otter.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm

I like it but i dont know:cheers: cheers 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Dear friends, need your help identifying this bear. Today I've found some more Dinamização figures, among them the two bears. While one is without any doubts a polar bear, the other I am not sure. Judging size and shape it seems a good sculpt for a giant panda to me, though it is a monochromatic figure and it is hard to determine if it is really a panda, an American black bear or a brown/grizzly bear. I would love to have your opinion to fix it on Toy Animal Wiki. Very Happy

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Roger wrote:
Dear friends, need your help identifying this bear. Today I've found some more Dinamização figures, among them the two bears. While one is without any doubts a polar bear, the other I am not sure. Judging size and shape it seems a good sculpt for a giant panda to me, though it is a monochromatic figure and it is hard to determine if it is really a panda, an American black bear or a brown/grizzly bear. I would love to have your opinion to fix it on Toy Animal Wiki. Very Happy

So you think it is supposed to represent a particular species then?

Not like in the good old lead days, when most manufacturers had one set of moulds (various positions, walking, sitting, standing upright on hind legs), which they painted either brown, or black, or white, or black/white as pandas.
Hey, they were toys!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 1:37 am

[quote="DaveScriv"]
Roger wrote:

So you think it is supposed to represent a particular species then?

Not like in the good old lead days, when most manufacturers had one set of moulds (various positions, walking, sitting, standing upright on hind legs), which they painted either brown, or black, or white, or black/white as pandas.
Hey, they were toys!  lol! 

Laughing Thanks for your reply! You're right Dave and I do know that many vintage brands used the same bear moulds to represent different bear species using their respective colors. Though, we are talking about companies that were introducing new figures periodically and that was a cheap way to optimize their resources.
These figures belong to a boxed set and were not sold individually as these vintage figures, Also, as far as I know, Dinamização hasn't updated or introduced these figures in an extensive collection.
The set is probably from late 70 or early 80, so "almost not vintage" and it is composed of 18 different moulds, with the exception of the pair lion/lioness, they all are different species. If you notice, the polar bear is clearly a polar bear in shape and it won't work as any other bear species, so why they did a small and chubby dark bear? To me it looks a good sculpt for a panda but it is hard to accept that a panda could work in a chromatic piece, however, there is also an okapi and I think it is another species that doesn't work very well unpainted. Concluding my long comment, I am convinced the smaller bear does represent a particular species. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:20 am

The first time I saw this little bear, I thought " Hey that's a very fine panda"  drunken  If I had to find the right entry for it on ToyAnimal wiki, I would choose "Giant Panda"  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:11 am

Kikimalou wrote:
The first time I saw this little bear, I thought " Hey that's a very fine panda"  drunken  If I had to find the right entry for it on ToyAnimal wiki, I would choose "Giant Panda"  Wink 

Laughing Thanks Christophe! Wink cheers

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:50 pm

I agree Roger, it looks like a monochrome giant panda to me.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:15 pm

I also agree that this is a panda, the side view of the head especially has the characteristic panda shape as well as the overall sculpting of the body.

I did a paint over of your photo Roger, you can see how it could work as a panda if there was white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:04 am

Thanks Tim and Andrew! Very Happy

elephas_maximus wrote:
I also agree that this is a panda, the side view of the head especially has the characteristic panda shape as well as the overall sculpting of the body.

I did a paint over of your photo Roger, you can see how it could work as a panda if there was white.

Andrew, many thanks for having all this great work and now it is clear enough that Dinamização made a panda and not any other kind of bear. cheers
It was quite nice from you and I am very thankful! elephant cheers

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:27 am

No problem Roger, glad to help you identify this figure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 2:14 pm

I havent enough knowledge for frogs, so please can anybody identify this frogs by Blip toys?

and the green frog from Safari

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:01 pm

The green frog is a Mint poison dart frog, the back and blue one is a Dyeing Poison-Arrow Frog, the "bubble one" a Hourglass Tree Frog.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The green frog is a Mint poison dart frog, the back and blue one is a Dyeing Poison-Arrow Frog, the "bubble one" a Hourglass Tree Frog.  Wink 

Thank you  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Anybody have an idea fot the left guy?  scratch 

Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Bonobo wrote:
nobody?  Crying or Very sad 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Bonobo wrote:
Bonobo wrote:
nobody?  Crying or Very sad 

But i have no more informations for you  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:16 pm

We need more pics  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
We need more pics  Wink 

Ok Very Happy

EmperorDinobot

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:45 am

These Kaiyodos need ID:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 8:31 am

Arrrhw ! Those birds  Shocked drunken 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Species identification topic
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next