Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The shires from Papo

Go down 
+7
HKHollinstone
SyLoBe
scot(t)
widukind
Kristie
Ana
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The shires from Papo Empty
PostSubject: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Me again with my papo horse that I fought so hard NOT to collect  geek
I hope some like to see them together by breed. Here the Shires  Wink

After a bit of a clumsy start, Papo has made some wonderful models.
The first one from 2004 is ever so cute. He looks a bit sad , but I love his colour  Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In 2009, Papo launched two wonderful, bay Shires, the mare marked 2008, the foal marked 2009
I think they are some of the best models of this impressive breed, that has ever been made  cheers

In 2011 they were followed by a black version of the mare and foal (still marked 2008 and 2009), and a black gelding marked 2011 .

The bay ones are especially beautyful, - not only are most models black, but the bay ones have a better expression, I think  drunken

But a black Shire is always impressive , - and probably easier ( cheaper?) to paint  Wink

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Great Shires! You are right Susanne, probably the best models of this impressive breed! Very Happy I love both color versions black and bay Very Happy Thank You for sharing! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Congrats Susanne! They are beautiful! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Congratulations Susanne!! Wonderful horses!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Thankyou friends sunny

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 pm

These are really nice Susanne! I particularly like the Black adult. Wow.

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Personally I don´t really like the Papo shires, but I have the black gelding and I must admit I love it! And I want to get one of the foals, I will probably paint it. I like a lot the mould too!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 am

They're lovely, beautiful families cheers cheers Congratulations Susanne, they're wonderful flower

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

I like brown shires a lot, but no I cannot collect Papo horses (temptation go away!)!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Thankyou Scott and Harriet flower

Silvia, yes, Papo is not famous for the neatness of their paintwork Rolling Eyes Laughing

Bojan wrote:
I like brown shires a lot, but no I cannot collect Papo horses (temptation go away!)!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 pm

I like the standing and proud pose of the large Safari Shire but I think my favorite is the CollectA mare from this year. Anyway, the most impressive, full of life and spectacular is this black one from Papo that you pictured so nicely! flower
The mare has a lovely pose and the old one looks a pony or so! geek Papo horses have different styles according with the breed and they donnot look like each other. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Roger wrote:

.. Papo horses have different styles according with the breed and they donnot look like each other. Very Happy

YES !!! Exactly !!!
That is one of the things I love so much about them cheers

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 am

I always feel that the Bay shire mare look better than the black one.

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 am

The oldest Papo Shire (the bay one) is really pretty (also waiting for one from TGF). Together with the newest black one he's one of the best Shire replicas ever made, IMHO Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The shires from Papo   The shires from Papo Empty

Back to top Go down

The shires from Papo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: