Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PAPO white lioness

Go down 
+11
Master_Cat
SUSANNE
Suebeedo
Rio
Gabe
baltimore zoo
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
MartinH
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:38 pm

white lioness
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:24 pm

She's awesome Martin, congratulations! sunny Her eyes are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Beautiful. Congratulations. Her eyes are amazing. I could stare at her for days.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 pm

your photo make the lioness it look yellowish. Nice! I like it!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 pm

ken yeo wrote:
your photo make the lioness it look yellowish. Nice! I like it!

yeah... i have a little bit yellowish lioness :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:02 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
She's awesome Martin, congratulations! sunny Her eyes are beautiful.

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm

aandmkw wrote:
Beautiful. Congratulations. Her eyes are amazing. I could stare at her for days.

Thank you :) I like her eyes too cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:34 am

Great catch, even when i don't like white lions and tigers, as they are here only for the joy of people... affraid
I do have the brown version, but the white will follow in time anyway, to complete the lines... Rolling Eyes
But for collecting they are ok i think, so i have some of them too! Laughing

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:44 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Great catch, even when i don't like white lions and tigers, as they are here only for the joy of people... affraid
I do have the brown version, but the white will follow in time anyway, to complete the lines... Rolling Eyes
But for collect Cool ing they are ok i think, so i have some of them too!

i don´t like papo male white lion... but lioness is gorgeous :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: baltimore zoo   PAPO white lioness EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:28 am

The white lioness is nice....however, still just a repaint! Now if they had
made a totally new lioness(white and normal colored) in a different position, it would have been great!
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:47 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
i don't like white lions and tigers, as they are here only for the joy of people... affraid

Same here... Evil or Very Mad

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm

She has very beautiful eyes :)
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:25 am

I don't own any Papos. Your white lioness is beautiful. Your photos give amazing views of her! I have a couple questions for you, where do they put their Papo stamp? Great photo of her underbelly, but I didn't see the name Papo anywhere. Where do they put it and what would it say? I picked up a couple polar bears and hippos and they have AAA on the belly of them and not ELC. Also, in comparison with the Schleich lioness (the only one I own) is the size the same? I'd be interested in knowing the answer to both questions. Thx for sharing the photos. ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
I don't own any Papos. Your white lioness is beautiful. Your photos give amazing views of her! I have a couple questions for you, where do they put their Papo stamp? Great photo of her underbelly, but I didn't see the name Papo anywhere. Where do they put it and what would it say? I picked up a couple polar bears and hippos and they have AAA on the belly of them and not ELC. Also, in comparison with the Schleich lioness (the only one I own) is the size the same? I'd be interested in knowing the answer to both questions. Thx for sharing the photos. ~ Sue

Hi Sue :)
Papo animals have their stamps on their belly too :) Sometimes on their legs but mostly on belly. And Papo Animals are little bit bigger than Schleich... but just a little!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:49 am

Here are some comparison pics of some lionesses...

Schleich with Papo

Papo with Bullyland Deluxe

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   PAPO white lioness EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:39 am

C'mon Papo lioness is the best! End of story!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:45 am

Well well, quit forcing here Baltimore! Shocked Wink
But i agree with you, although the latest Safari's were not bad either, and look very much like the Papo's, specially that one with the cub in her mouth, which is almost a copy of the Papo... Rolling Eyes

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   PAPO white lioness EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:44 am

"Imitation is the highest form of flattery..."
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:54 am

Gabe wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
i don't like white lions and tigers, as they are here only for the joy of people... affraid

Same here... Evil or Very Mad

Great to hear you say that !!!!!!!!
I have tried and tried to convince others that the Siberian tiger, as they call the white one, is not white, and that the white ones are mutations in colour and don`t survive long in the wild pale
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 am

I agree on that with you Baltimore! Wink

Oh Susanne, why did you start on tigers, haha.
This is one of my fields of expertise, as it is my absolute favourite animal... cat

Yes, white tigers are a mutation, and from the Bengal or King-Tiger to be exactly.
All of the white tigers in the world today, originate from one completely white tiger, named Mohan, that came from one of the Maharadjahs of India, who had it in his collection.
It was his second one, that he found in the wild in India in that particular time.
He was sent to the USA to breed more white tigers.
They quickly found out, that these white tigers don't have very strong genes at all, specially not those who are completely white.
They tried to bring in more fresh blood by letting Mohan breed with normal coloured Bengal tigers.
This way they found out, that striped white tigers are stronger then the completely white ones.
But the control over this breeding programm was very bad later on, and to make a long story short, there were lots of Siberian tigers bred in the blood lines, so not one of the white tigers in the world today is pure Bengal tiger anymore.
The genes of Mohan are completely lost...
So the white tigers today are not even a real species or sub-species, they are a bred race of animal, just like most of the dogbreeds and so on, and just for human pleasure indeed... Rolling Eyes
And i don't even speak from those tigers, that are kept in behind-quarters of zoo's and breeders, that look really awfull, because of the inbreeding.
They do really look like tigers with a Down-syndrom... Shocked

Shocking enough?

By the way, we do have 2 species of tigers as they found out shortly ago by doing research on their genes.
The subspecies Kaspian(extinct), Bengal, South-East Asian-, South Chinese and Siberian are one species.
The other one is the Malaysian or Corbetti tiger(here they found the different genes first), with the sub-species Sumatra-, Java-(extinct) and Bali-tiger(extinct).

When you look at the colours of the modern tiger, you really like to see him in forest- or jungle-area's.
But they originate from the northern parts of Asia actually, and migrated downwards in Asia.
Because of this, you would have aspected, that the tigers would have a more pale or lighter furr, but they don't, not even in Siberia today, although they are somewhat lighter.

That is another fact about tigers...
How more to the south, how darker the colour, how shorter the furr, and how tighter the stripes are together in general.
Talking about the stripes, the are no stripes at all, haha, they are stretched rosettes, like on spotted cats actually... Rolling Eyes
Sometimes you can see that on some sub-species, specially on the South-China tiger, but not for log anymore i guess, there are maximum 20 left there... affraid Evil or Very Mad

One of the last South-China tigers...

The only thing i never understood about tigers, is why they never migrated to the America's, as most of the big Eurasian species did over the Siberia-Alaska landbridge in the far past, as they lived there, and still today... Rolling Eyes
Only think about the bison, wolf, red deer, lynx, brown bear, (from which the polar-bear originates too, about 10.000 years ago), red fox, badger and many more species... question

By the way, white tigers do look beautifull and awesome, but which colour wouldn't look good on this animal?

A full-grown male white lion does look fantastic too, but it is a resessive gene in their blood-lines too, and has no chance to survive in the wild for a long time normally.
So they should not been alive anymore today!
And specially not just for the fun and joy of people! Mad

This is a complete different story with the king-cheetah and black spotted cats, as they can survive perfectly in nature, because their colours are giving still good camouflage in their habitats... cat

So at the end, better to buy models of those special animals that mother nature gives us from time to time, instead of breeding the real ones! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:52 am

Willy, this is awsome reading !
And awsome pictures !

Thank you so much!
May I print it out ?

I LOVE it when somebody who really knows about it gets going on his subject, and you surely are the brilliant expert here !

Colour genetics is my "expertise" (as a hobby, of course), only it is the genetics of horse colours I know about.
I studied it on-an-off for 8 years.
Even got so far as to be asked to proof-read a book for a Senior Scientist, - and found several errors Laughing
It is in fact very easy, but there is so much superstition, wrong assumptions and redeemed, "Scientific" books full of rubbish, it takes a long time to sort the facts from fiction Wink

Thanks again !
To learn is to live, - today I already learned something new before breakfast, - what a glorious
day cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 am

Wow, thanks Willy for writing this all out and posting pictures!
It's so sad how many tigers are extinct now.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Those first pix of the white tiger...man they really look like they got the Down-syndrom.
Their faces look more like a dog than a cat... affraid

HKHollinstone

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Gabe wrote:
Those first pix of the white tiger...man they really look like they got the Down-syndrom.
Their faces look more like a dog than a cat... affraid
I know, looks really ugly, poor thing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:54 pm

It is pleasure to read facts of tiger & quite sad to know that a lot of sub-species already done.

Thanks Willy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PAPO white lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO white lioness   PAPO white lioness Empty

Back to top Go down

PAPO white lioness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next