Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?

Go down 
+17
SUSANNE
trevok4
Metallisuchus
Ian
Taylcoel
Sergey
schleich61
animalluvr6
landrover
krista
Menphis
Ana
widukind
Cyhyraeth
Sumo
tyrantqueen
Tylosaurus
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? Empty
PostSubject: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Here a topic I always wanted to do and as the title reads what are your favourite Dinosaurs?

My favs are these, which I was told in the 80's they were dino's even nowadays they are not dino's I just don't erm care much about that haha Laughing lol!

Dimetrodon Why? it was my first dinosaur that was given to me at birth, which is this 1976 Imperial Dimetrodon:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tylosaurus, why? Simply it's my favoutie Sea Dino even during the 90's to which it is now, I know it's not a Dino but yeah , calling it a Sea Dino kinda fits it very well, it was aka the T-rex of the Late Cretaceous Seas you know xDDDDDD Laughing

Favorite real Dinosaur is the Dacentrurus, why? because it's the oldest Stegosaurid known and it just does me something :)

Tyrannosaurus Rex is my favourite Theropod I'd say and here my cutest Rexie I have in my collection tooz I love you I love you I love you Which I named Tyrantqueen to the one I truly love too I love you I love you I love you

So what are your favs?

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:18 pm

My favourites are
1. Tyrannosaurus Rex because I always liked it as a child. It is a pop culture icon and also very cool in its own right.
2. Pentaceratops- I like the huge frill and spikes that it has XD
3. Iguanodon- it is a classic dinosaur and was the first dinosaur I ever read about as a kid. I discovered it in an old Dorling Kindersly book :)
4. Mamenchisasaurus- just because its neck is so insanely long XD I tend to like the strangest and most extreme dinosaur species.

Obviously Tylosaurus is my number 1 living "dinosaur" Wink
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 pm

I was all set to say the Allosaurus and Tyrannosaurus, then I realized you weren't talking about the brand Favorite. (Those two are gorgeous though! Laughing )

And I've just spent the last ten minutes trying to compose a list that eventually morphed into The Great Big List of Every Damn Dinosaur I Know...
When I started collecting, I wanted to stick with dromies and my childhood friend the Allosaurus. Well, that didn't work out... the more I collect, the more I want to learn and the more cool species I discover! So far, the only clade I've managed to keep off my shelves is the Sauropoda, and that's only because they take up too much space.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am

Nice topic;)
My favourite dinosaur is velociraptor. It was Jurassic Park that caused love to this creatures in me (though in this book (and film) it's more like deinonychus). As I kid I used to collect dinos (from Tambola choco eggs), now this collection is partly gone, and partly dwell somewhere at my parents' house. But I still pick up every velociraptor figurine I see :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm

The Pantelosaurus saxonicus, because he was found in my near. study

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:28 pm

I like triceratopses and all their close relatives. Probably because they have maybe more friendly appearance Very Happy However I'm sure they were even more dangerous than modern rhinos Suspect
I also like diplodocus and stegosaurus Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am

Nice favourites everyone ! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Menphis

Menphis

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 pm

My favorites:
Hadrosaurius
Maisaura
Oviraptor
And all the feathered dinoes

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 pm

PARASAUROLOPHUS
It has been my favourite since I was 4 years or something.
<3
(illust by James Gurney)

And the dinosaurs I like almost as much are

Lambeosaurus
OK, so lame, my second favourite is a close relative to my favourite... But I love hadrosaurs.
(illust by James Gurney)

Dilophosaurus
IDK why I suddenly started to like it...
Since I was totally traumatized by the Jurassic Park rendition of it.
(I went to see the film when I was 8 and then I abandoned dinosaurs for years, probably because I was so terrified of the film lol)

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:49 pm

My favourite is stegosaurus, is one of the classic dinosaurs

And is beautiful in all brands.

However we find spectacular figures of other species.

My second is mamooth.

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 am

The t-rex! Very Happy bounce

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Dinosaur: Archelon ischyros (largest of prehistoric turtles)

Mammal: Gomphos elkema (giant prehistoric rabbit)

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi friends! First of all I very like sauropodas Safari, Schleich, Bullyland and especially I like the big Brachiosaurus! Wink Now I,m waiting the new Papo brachio in august 2012 (I,have,nt now Sad ) and I,ll hope to buy the new Safari Brachios (Wild Safari + Carnegie collection). But Safari animalmodels in Russia are present ONLY in Moscow... Sad

...from collection of Andy Paine

...And on second I like T-Rexes Papo (especially model 2012 it,s more accurat) and Schleich 2007 (brown T-Rex)... Wink

...And on third I like flying lizards andespecially Tapijara by Safari! :)

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm

My favourite dinosaur is the brachiosaurus since when ever I knew what a dinosaur was lol! I will post pics soon

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Nice to see you have the 2012 Carnegie Brachiosaurus Sergy! cheers cheers cheers

Always sweet to see :)

Nice favs everyone else, keep 'em com'n I'm like! cheers cheers cheers

Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Tylosaurus wrote:
Nice to see you have the 2012 Carnegie Brachiosaurus Sergy! cheers cheers cheers

...Oh no,no Tylo! I did wright - it,s from collection by Andy Pane (USA)... Laughing Wink

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 am

Sergey wrote:
Tylosaurus wrote:

...Oh no,no Tylo! I did wright - it,s from collection by Andy Pane (USA)... Laughing Wink
Oopsie I must of been blind there lol! lol! haha Laughing Sorries there Comrade! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers But My partner does have this beauty hehe I love you

Ian

Ian

Country/State : Canberra, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:14 pm

My favourite is the Triceratops. I love their shape and that they were big, powerful herbivores. When I was young I read a book about a kid who had a Triceratops as a pet, which really caught my imagination. When I was about 10 years old I made a Plasticine model of a Triceratops for a stop motion animated movie we made at school.

Ian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Ian wrote:
My favourite is the Triceratops. I love their shape and that they were big, powerful herbivores. When I was young I read a book about a kid who had a Triceratops as a pet, which really caught my imagination. When I was about 10 years old I made a Plasticine model of a Triceratops for a stop motion animated movie we made at school.

Ian Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers lol!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Ian wrote:

Ian Very Happy

Sounds great! I guess there is no chance to find this movie and show us? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ian

Ian

Country/State : Canberra, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:05 pm

ana wrote:
Ian wrote:

Ian Very Happy

Sounds great! I guess there is no chance to find this movie and show us? Very Happy
Hi Ana - no, unfortunately my Plasticine model and the movie are both long gone... Crying or Very sad
The movie was on film anyway and could only have been shown using an old projector.
At least I have my memories! :)

Ian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metallisuchus

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 am

I think my brain got tingly when I first heard about the (then) recent discovery of Utahraptor. I always loved deinonychus as a small child (before JP), so the find of a much bigger relative of such an already lethal predator blew my mind.

Aside from dromies, I also love Cryolophosaurus, Alioramus, Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Carnotaurus, Spinosaurus, Baryonyx --- I obviously favor theropods.

As for Hadrosaurs, my faves are Lambeosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Olorotitan, and Corythosaurus.

Euplocephalus is my favorite Ankylosaur.

Brachiosaurus and Amargasaurus are probably my favorite Sauropods.

Stygimoloch is my favorite Pachycephalosaur, though the validity of its genus is up for debate, currently.

Kentrosaurus is my favorite Stegosaur - ever since it was featured in Zoo Tycoon.

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 5:07 pm

carcharodontosaurus
kentrosaurus
giganotosaurus
allosaurus
tyrannosaurus rex
spinosaurus
camptosaurus
herrasaurus
argentinosaurus

pics comming soon:)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:42 pm

So you thought that Velociraptors had that claw for defence or hunting ? No, no, no ! You are wrong Wink 
Of course it is for scratching himself Applause Laughing 

Today my eyes fell on this lovely guy, marked "CHINA"
Sue and Lesley gave him to me, I think it is more than a year ago, and for some time he has been hiding at the back of my dino-shelf Shocked 

Now he is standing in all his beauty on my piano, and makes me smile every time I look at him Very Happy Very Happy 

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:51 pm

kileskus, albertosaurus, albertaceratops, ouranosaurus, paralititan, carcharodontosaurus, australovenator, camarasaurus, allosaurus, torvosaurus, nychtosaurus, gigantoraptor, rebbachisaurus, amphicoelias, brachiosaurus, stygimoloch, mammenchisaurus, shunosaurus, rubeosaurus and styracosaurus and therizinosaurus.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?   What are your Favourite Dinosaurs? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are your Favourite Dinosaurs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Wildlife-
Jump to: