Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions

Go down 
+21
SyLoBe
LeeAnn
Dum_my
Geospiza fortis
arafan
JonasV
ulinuk
Wildheart
Philter4
Kikimalou
Roger
Taylcoel
Elros Alvar
Taos
ken yeo
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Mastiffcat
paleoferroequine
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:07 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:

Here's my kind of horse! Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid I know this animal, scratch I saw it the last time I drunk too much drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid  I know this animal,  scratch  I saw it the last time I drunk too much drunken  

Christophe, - red medicine should be taken with care alien  lol! lol!

paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
paleoferroequine wrote:
Ana wrote:
Great works indeed! I like especially these funny horse relatives I didn't know them before! Very Happy  
   Thank you. Yes, they aren't well known at all. Normally I wouldn't do prehistoric horses since aside from three toes on some and slight head differences there isn't as much variety. So when I saw Proboscidipparion I knew I had to do it.

Here's my kind of horse! Shocked

Wow ^^
What animals was this original? Rhino and Croc?

Yeah, it's a Papo croc head and Schleich rhino body. This was fun to make. I think I will put a pink bow on it's tail! And name him Fluffy II!

Last edited by paleoferroequine on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Nice idea for an extraterrestrial animal. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Honestly I find Mr. Flufy absolutly genial. It is the first time I see a crococeront being featured in a fair way. A very artistic conception, many authors that tried to create bizarre fictional creatures were not half as talented. cheers

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Roger wrote:
Honestly I find Mr. Flufy absolutly genial. It is the first time I see a crococeront being featured in a fair way. A very artistic conception, many authors that tried to create bizarre fictional creatures were not half as talented. cheers
 Thanks! Laughing

Fluffy I.  Not an original, gaming piece.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Laughing Fluffy II fits much better my taste! tongue

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Paleo's new custom prehistoric mammals,Sivatherium giganteum,Monday Nov 17 2014   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Here is my take on Sivatherium giganteum. I'll have to confess this has been on the WIP back burner for awhile. But Robert's figure got me to finish it finally, thank you Robert! Very Happy Very Happy

Sivatherium giganteum was an extinct gigantic giraffid (up to 2.6m tall) found in the early Pleistocene sediments of the Upper Siwaliks, in the area of Pakistan, India and Nepal. The village Sardhok locality has yielded one of the best collections of Giraffidae from the early Pleistocene of the Siwaliks. The locality belongs to the Pinjor Formation of the Upper Siwaliks (2.6-0.6 Ma). Another species, Sivatherium maurusium, with different shaped ossicones was found in Saharan Africa.

Sivatherium giganteum
seen with the small girrafid Giraffokeryx punjabiensis also found in the same area.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 am

Awesome!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 1:23 am

Great okapirafes, thanks for sharing Ken. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 am

It was a Papo wildebbest Before ??? Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It was a Papo wildebbest Before ??? Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Thanks everyone. I had forgotten to say what was modified, yes, it was a Papo wildebeest with bulked up body and new head.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:45 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:
Here is my take on Sivatherium giganteum. I'll have to confess this has been on the WIP back burner for awhile. But Robert's figure got me to finish it finally, thank you Robert! Very Happy Very Happy

Sivatherium giganteum was an extinct gigantic giraffid (up to 2.6m tall) found in the early Pleistocene sediments of the Upper Siwaliks, in the area of Pakistan, India and Nepal. The village Sardhok locality has yielded one of the best collections of Giraffidae from the early Pleistocene of the Siwaliks. The locality belongs to the Pinjor Formation of the Upper Siwaliks (2.6-0.6 Ma). Another species, Sivatherium maurusium, with different shaped ossicones was found in Saharan Africa.

Sivatherium giganteum
seen with the small girrafid Giraffokeryx punjabiensis also found in the same area.

WOW
What an amazing animal.
Which body part are from which animal? It looks like okapi and moose.

Edit: Papo wildebeest, i forgot to read. ^^ But which head?
Back to top Go down
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Very great work again!! Applause
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Robert wrote:
Very great work again!! Applause
   Thank you Robert. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

WOW
What an amazing animal.
Which body part are from which animal? It looks like okapi and moose.

Edit: Papo wildebeest, i forgot to read. ^^ But which head?
   Thank you for the compliment.
   The head is sculpted with Magic-Sculpt epoxy putty.
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:00 am

As I mentioned I've tried to catch up with your sculptures and customs- sure enough there were many I missed including some old ones like an impressive Diplodocus custom and a Gastonia (happily the toy companies have finally gotten around to this one!).

In this topic one of my favorites has to be, for some reason, Protitan grangeri. In the photo it has that bit of personality to its expression that you feel when looking at a living individual animal. I also learned something unexpected, with the introduction of Sid and Nancy. Wink I also like the croconoceros/rhinodile, and it is interesting comparing your Sivatherium interpretation to Robert's.

From my point of view customizing could be even more challenging than sculpting from scratch, though having existing constraints can be fun and challenge creativity. I really loved extinct mammals as a child; if I ever try one I'll look to you and other forum customizers for advice or criticism! Smile

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:17 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
As I mentioned I've tried to catch up with your sculptures and customs- sure enough there were many I missed including some old ones like an impressive Diplodocus custom and a Gastonia (happily the toy companies have finally gotten around to this one!).

In this topic one of my favorites has to be, for some reason, Protitan grangeri. In the photo it has that bit of personality to its expression that you feel when looking at a living individual animal. I also learned something unexpected, with the introduction of Sid and Nancy. Wink I also like the croconoceros/rhinodile, and it is interesting comparing your Sivatherium interpretation to Robert's.

From my point of view customizing could be even more challenging than sculpting from scratch, though having existing constraints can be fun and challenge creativity. I really loved extinct mammals as a child; if I ever try one I'll look to you and other forum customizers for advice or criticism! Smile
   Thanks, the Gastonia is an old one from 15 years ago, today I know more about paleontology and anatomy and would do things different such as the legs and head. I am happier with the Iguanodon done at the same time.

I'm also fond of the Protitan for some reason. Cool  Oddly enough my inspiration for what animal to do is rather spontaneous. I was viewing Google images doing a search for something and came upon the skull image of Proboscidipparion sinense and said what the heck is that? I pay attention to things like the sinus process on skulls and realized this was different than other horses. I found out what it was and looked up images and voila! Sid and Nancy were born. I already had a pair of Schleich zebras with the toe mods that nothing had been done with. They had rather low long noses and were naturals for the Proboscidipparion sinense conversions. I also have very good 3-D mental abilities and can visualize what appropriate animal to use and quickly carve up a figure in my head before doing it to vinyl.

I wasn't even thinking about Indohyus at all until one day I came upon an image and it clicked in my head and what figure to use and so I started on it. Had most of it done that day.

I have an image database on my computer of over 500 dinosaur and prehistoric reptile images and 750 prehistoric mammal images to look through. And I add to them every day. I love the deviantArt web site with the galleries of "sinammonite" and "TORIMORRIS" being especially useful among others. Also the web sites for Roman Yevseyev and Roman Uchytel have very good digital images.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Very nice work again!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 am

How did you convert the Papo camel to such an awesome Titanotylopus nebraskensis?
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:04 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
How did you convert the Papo camel to such an awesome Titanotylopus nebraskensis?
   Thanks for looking. Very Happy  To start with I selected the bactrian camel instead of the dromedary since it had more fur to start with. I cut off the humps and re-sculpted the single hump. I use Magic-Sculpt two part epoxy. I then cut off the head and removed the neck also. A new neck was made. I altered the head; new ears, moved the eyes forward and up a bit. I also extended the muzzle maybe 1/8 inch or so. I then made a fluffy tail for it! And then painted it. That's it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3