Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your Dogs!

Go down 
+63
Bonnie
1claire
barracudacat
Dark Pegasus
widukind
landrover
SUSANNE
Dum_my
Anne from Norway
Neptuneneptunia
ken yeo
Kikimalou
costicuba
NightLioness
googie212
christinavanderschouw
shadoweon
Niki2811
AlvinCK
Miss Jane
schleich61
Carola
Takama
Florian
Bloodrayne
jesman00
PeGe
Maja-Maus
Liiolii
NandO
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
AlienMantis
Chris Sweetman
krista
Bullyqueen
GoldEagle
teardrop
JonasV
weaselfan93
Regy
The-Toy-Chest
Roger
jarda
animalluvr6
Taos
75senta75
Deseo
Cyhyraeth
Fisva
Rio
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
Kristie
Taylcoel
Elros Alvar
sortepletter
scot(t)
castlerigg
HKHollinstone
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 10:22 am

A dog!! cheers cheers Wonderful! cheers cheers He looks like a rottweiler, I think a copy of the CollectA one, that model has a lovely sleek coat and proportions so definitely a good one to have in your collection! Very Happy And I love the little tongue hanging out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 11:11 am

Bonnie wrote:
A dog!! cheers cheers Wonderful! cheers cheers He looks like a rottweiler, I think a copy of the CollectA one, that model has a lovely sleek coat and proportions so definitely a good one to have in your collection! Very Happy And I love the little tongue hanging out! Very Happy

Thank you so much. Do you have seen the russian dog figures in Kikis Blue Savannah thread?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 11:12 am

widukind wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

Thank you so much. Do you have seen the russian dog figures in Kikis Blue Savannah thread?
Oh no I haven't, I must go and have a look now! Very Happy Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 1:50 pm

The other day, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] posted about a new Schleich arrival, including some comparison pictures of golden retrievers. One of them, the 1:12 scale release from the early 2000s, jumped out to me as the nicest, I commented to say so, but something I couldn't quite put my finger on looked familiar about that dog. And I had a vague idea I might have one, so I went hunting through my 12th-scale accessories which are kept in a stable building, and sure enough, there was a Schleich dog. But not the one I thought...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems I have the Yellow Labrador, from the same scale and era. Their faces are quite similar, I think!

I do remember how I got this one, even though I haven't had him out on display - it was a listing on Ebay with two horses, saddles and bridles, a few relevant dolls-house accessories like buckets and carrots, and the dog. I didn't collect Schleich pets, so he didn't become part of my displayed collection, but equally I thought he ought to stay - he came with the horses as a friend, and it would've been a shame to split them up. So he's been here ever since, living in the stable (which I haven't bothered to set up for photos for about 15 years, which is how I forgot about the poor dog - I never rummage through it to remind myself what's in there Laughing )

I think these older dogs have a lovely gentle, serious quality to them, something about the faces looks sensible and kind and calm, and the paintwork is more subtle than the current ones - I like the airbrushy faces, and shading on the coat where today they tend to be quite crisp and bright and plain.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 2:14 pm

I agree George. I think that generation of Schleich models contributed decisively to the success of the company. Dogs are a perfect example. Even when not completely accurate, they were always very attractive figures with beautiful faces, correct texture, good finish quality and a kind of family look even among different breeds.
It gives a sense of collection, when someone wanted two or three, the tendency was to get them all because they worked so nicely together. Some brands miss this aspect of the collecting releasing figures from different sources and sculptors.
The 1:12 scale idea is also genial, it is the most popular dollhouse scale, it is even known as the Dollhouse scale and it is also a classic scale for horse collectors. So, those Schleich dogs could represent interesting collectibles to other brand or theme collectorss.
Schleich turned really big, with a huge range of animals and they understood that the best way to sell is to make it work with the own brand series. So, their more recent dogs, are clearly made to be compatible with the Schleich horse and farm sets. Those much nicer older ones, were defintely huge when compared with the human figures and all the accessories. I understand Schleich strategy but as your wonderful pictures illustrate, Schleich was not anymore able of making beautiful dogs like the 1:12 series and that's not only because of the scale.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 3:10 pm

I love it when this topic is updated! sunny
I'm glad my Schleich goldie prompted you to dig out his lovely cousin, and I completely agree about the face, I too love the calm gentle intelligence of their earliest models! The retrievers including this one and the black lab are amongst my favourite dog figures ever, especially the golden retriever- I think they capture every aspect of their respective breeds so well, from personality through to recognisable and accurate breed features. And as both you and Roger say, I also prefer and love this scale, their dogs ae a little too small these days whereas this size scales well with dogs from other brands! Very Happy I'm so glad you decided to share this gorgeous golden lab here! cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 5:05 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 9:09 pm

I can only say " Hear, hear " Very Happy

Also, this Labrador retriever is the good, old fashione sturdy kind, which I miss these days Wink

Beautyful model from a gorgeous series Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 1:51 am

Not long ago I received this German shepherd from Yvette. It is supposedly an Elastolin hard plastic 70 mm (1:25 scale) figure. However, it is not the dog I see on catalogue pages on TAW. If someone knows more about it, I'd love to know to put it on TAW.
Amazing how different it looks from the traditional German shepherd renditions. I don't know if they were different then or if it is a similar looking breed like a Malinois or so. scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 8:08 am

Such a lovely model cheers

It is like he is cut from wood ! The effect is stunning Very Happy

I am almost sure it is a German shepherd, perhaps a youngster ?

Congratulations, and as so often before : HURRAYYY for Yvette Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 2:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Such a lovely model cheers

It is like he is cut from wood ! The effect is stunning Very Happy

I am almost sure it is a German shepherd, perhaps a youngster ?

Congratulations, and as so often before : HURRAYYY for Yvette Applause Applause

Thanks Susanne, it is surely a German shepherd and I see that many of the vintage models follow this kind of morphology for this breed. I am glad you enjoy it, I liked the model immediately because of that feeling, there is something pleasant on it.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 2:46 pm

You are right. It may be the old, healthy kind .
I found this picture. Even if I can'y read the text, it is clear that the author wants to show how the poor breed has developed  Suspect

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 pm

It is impressive how a rectangular dog turned triangular. affraid
I wished it was just about geometry but apparently the consequences are not the best.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 1:25 am

Hello Roger,
I have this dog in two different scales.
It could be that Yvette has right when she says this is a dog of the company HAUSSER. In the catalog of the year 1958 you can find a nearly same dog with two item-numbers. This two different item-numbers means that the dog is available in two different scales. But the legs of this dog are not the same as your dog. It is possible that the picture in the catalog are wrong.
I think your dog could be a nativity figure because many nativity figures are made in different scales.
See the dogs of the company MAROLIN.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 am

Very interesting

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 10:20 am

It is not a Marilin dog. They all have collar Very Happy

These two are plastic models from Marolin :

What a wonderful Marolin sheet ! How old is it ?
I suppose they are all the Marolin papiermaché , - maybe some will like to see How they are made study

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 11:50 am

One of my favourite topics on STS! Very Happy Wonderful GSD, so much more lean and athletic than the modern breed and I'm sure you are both right in that it represents the older, healthier type! cheers I love the carved wood effect too, but wish I knew more about vintage dogs to help with its brand! study And hurray for Yvette, it's such a lovely dog! sunny
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 1:22 pm

Hello,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
thank you for showing us the MAROLIN dogs - we should revise and complete the MAROLIN-Chapter on TAW.
I have a MAROLIN-Trader-Catalog from 1996. The quality of the paper is very high and in the introduction it is written about 1972 and now 18 years later - so the printing date could be 1990.
The catalogue is divided in two parts:
- part 1 shows farm and wild animals and Indians in plastic,
- part 2 shows the nativity figures in different sizes, most of the figures are humans and some are animals.
I show the first part of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I can scan the sides of the second part with the animals.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I agree with you. Bad times for a wonderful dog!
Benno.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 3:56 pm

WOW ! That is wonderful !!!
Perhaps you will make a topic here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
That will make those pages more easy to find , say, next yers, when people my age have forgotten that there was a catalogue in the dog-topic Wink

I thnk that Marolin and Plaho pages on TAW have been revised 10 times Laughing
I made one several years ago, and then others have mooved pages, changed texts etc, and the photos are gone and...but , yes ! Good idea. At least I can make new pictures Very Happy

An important rule in TAW is, that if you chage the name of a link, that new link does not automatically lead to the old destination. Just change a comma, and the old page is lost in space ! Crying or Very sad
( unless the content is copied to the new place, of course study )

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 4:02 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for all of the information. I must study it better to identify my dog. I even think it is somewhat large for a 70 mm figure. I know German shepherds are used with militar or police themed figures but I was not aware they were used in Nativity sets.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 10:40 am

Roger wrote:
.....I was not aware they were used in Nativity sets.

Oh, yes ! Somebody must look after the shepher's sheep Laughing
And Marolin, for instance, being a German brand, of course has German shepdogs Wink

Just an example : Take a look just beneath the sheep HERE Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 12:06 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
.....I was not aware they were used in Nativity sets.

Oh, yes ! Somebody must look after the shepher's sheep Laughing
And Marolin, for instance, being a German brand, of course has German shepdogs Wink

Just an example : Take a look just beneath the sheep HERE Very Happy

Laughing I was not expecting it. I should pay more atention to Nativity ssets.
Actually my dog may be a little large for 70 mm scale. It looks more a 85mm scale or larger.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 1:37 am

Here are some of my dogs[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 3:51 am

Is that intended to be a husky sled team?  Shocked Razz cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 4:25 pm

They are wonderful drunken

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your Dogs!
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next