Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)

Go down 
+29
JonasV
LeeAnn
Bruno C Monteiro
Sergey
Arnaud
skysthelimit
Gabe
Bernyto
landrover
widukind
Vivien
dlfrogman
Philter4
SUSANNE
remowshake
Suebeedo
Kiryuha
zbyszek
aandmkw
Roger
Ana
Nova
Admin
Kikimalou
ken yeo
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
stecal
diversity
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:54 pm

WOW !
That is an amazing collection .

It is my impression that most of us started with a dog or a cat or a horse, - but you have gone directly for the yummy Very Happy

rendeer santa
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 pm

yes, Toben knows everything Very Happy
the leopard and the seaturtle are McDonalds-products Very Happy Very Happy i got them with my "happy meals" a long time ago. i also have 4 other Mc-Donalds figures, 2 wolly pigs and 2 pot-bellied pigs (one with a pink belly and one with a blueish one), but i don't feel that they belong to my collection so they are not on the shleves. Wink

and this is my story, how i became a SCHLEICH collector: Very Happy

When little Frederik was a young boy, his parents once bought him a fox and a squirrel for his wodden toy- farm to play with. Frederik had also other animals and vehicles to play on his farm, some by BULLYLAND (swan, stork, lamb, turkey) and by SIKU (cows, horses, goat, sheep, farm items). he often enjoyed playing with them and was happy to have them. later he got an osprey and a marten by his relatives to play with.
Frederik's parents also went on flee-markets with him sometimes, and there he got some cool dinosaur figures! (mostly UKRD, Carnegie and no-name). but when Frederik grew older, these figures were but in a box and the box was stored in the family's cellar...
When Frederik was about 9 or 10 years old, his grandmother took him on a trip to town and there they visited a toy-market. Frederik saw the SCHLEICH-display and was fascinated by the big amount of different beautiful animals. his grandmother said to him: "I will buy you two figures to play with, if you like them." Frederik did like them very much indeed, and so he chose an antilope with a cool name, the oryx, and the biggest flying bird of the world, the condor. he also took a littel brochure with him, that showed him all different SCHLEICH figures.
When looking at his old figures, Frederik found that some of them were also made by SCHLEICH and he looked in his booklet and found them in it! he was so fascinated of this booklet that he wanted to have more figures by this beautiful brand and so he bought them on his own or got them as presents at his birthday or christmas....
his collection grew bigger and bigger and one day nearly 10 years after getting his first SCHLEICH booklet, Frederik found the website of Torben, the greatmaster in SCHLEICH-collecting, and joined the fellowship of collectors, which are to find in all countries of the great world.

THE END Wink

santa santa
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Beautiful history Frederik!
Mine is almost equal to your Very Happy

My grandmother buy me too some animals, tigers, horses, crocodiles, but i stay so many time don't colecting and my animals are in a box, in my room..

I really love horses, and past one time my mother bought me a Hannoverian mare (from this year) and i start collecting again (since 1 month)...
I have a aquatic animals, wild, farm.. And i decide that i will just collect farm and i will save the other for change, past many years..

I want have a Pinto 98, and if i save my animals (tiger from 93, dolphin from 1995 and etc..., i can change for a pinto 98 horse) Very Happy

Nice to read your history Frederik! Offer to your sons (when you have or if you have yet) Schleich figurines, because they will really love them! :)
I've start collecting with 7 years.. Stop at 10.. Start again since one or two month :)
But i just have 15 years old, so , buy slowly..

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 pm

diversity wrote:
yes, Toben knows everything Very Happy
the leopard and the seaturtle are McDonalds-products Very Happy Very Happy i got them with my "happy meals" a long time ago. i also have 4 other Mc-Donalds figures, 2 wolly pigs and 2 pot-bellied pigs (one with a pink belly and one with a blueish one), but i don't feel that they belong to my collection so they are not on the shleves. Wink

and this is my story, how i became a SCHLEICH collector: Very Happy

When little Frederik was a young boy, his parents once bought him a fox and a squirrel for his wodden toy- farm to play with. Frederik had also other animals and vehicles to play on his farm, some by BULLYLAND (swan, stork, lamb, turkey) and by SIKU (cows, horses, goat, sheep, farm items). he often enjoyed playing with them and was happy to have them. later he got an osprey and a marten by his relatives to play with.
Frederik's parents also went on flee-markets with him sometimes, and there he got some cool dinosaur figures! (mostly UKRD, Carnegie and no-name). but when Frederik grew older, these figures were but in a box and the box was stored in the family's cellar...
When Frederik was about 9 or 10 years old, his grandmother took him on a trip to town and there they visited a toy-market. Frederik saw the SCHLEICH-display and was fascinated by the big amount of different beautiful animals. his grandmother said to him: "I will buy you two figures to play with, if you like them." Frederik did like them very much indeed, and so he chose an antilope with a cool name, the oryx, and the biggest flying bird of the world, the condor. he also took a littel brochure with him, that showed him all different SCHLEICH figures.
When looking at his old figures, Frederik found that some of them were also made by SCHLEICH and he looked in his booklet and found them in it! he was so fascinated of this booklet that he wanted to have more figures by this beautiful brand and so he bought them on his own or got them as presents at his birthday or christmas....
his collection grew bigger and bigger and one day nearly 10 years after getting his first SCHLEICH booklet, Frederik found the website of Torben, the greatmaster in SCHLEICH-collecting, and joined the fellowship of collectors, which are to find in all countries of the great world.

THE END Wink

santa santa

Hi Frederik,

ich antworte mal in Deutsch. Ich bin völlig gerührt von Deiner Geschichte. Es ist doch immer wieder schön wenn Kinder an dieses Thema herangeführt werden und sich dann später dafür entscheiden, daß das sammeln von Tierfiguren nicht kindisch ist. Es freut mich sehr, daß Du dich unserem Forum von "erwachsenen" Sammlern angeschlossen hast. Ich denke, daß Kind im Menschen sollte zuletzt sterben.

Torben
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi Frederik,

ich antworte mal in Deutsch. Ich bin völlig gerührt von Deiner Geschichte. Es ist doch immer wieder schön wenn Kinder an dieses Thema herangeführt werden und sich dann später dafür entscheiden, daß das sammeln von Tierfiguren nicht kindisch ist. Es freut mich sehr, daß Du dich unserem Forum von "erwachsenen" Sammlern angeschlossen hast. Ich denke, daß Kind im Menschen sollte zuletzt sterben.

Torben[/quote]

I agree completly with you Torben! That's what I'm doing with the children of my family!
And one of the reasons why I'm not able to have a big collection! But, more than the figures I love the way that these toys are able to "sculpt" great adultes like those who are in this fantastic forum!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Roger wrote:

Hi Frederik,

Torben

I agree completly with you Torben! That's what I'm doing with the children of my family!
And one of the reasons why I'm not able to have a big collection! But, more than the figures I love the way that these toys are able to "sculpt" great adultes like those who are in this fantastic forum!!![/quote]

Hi Roger my friend,

you not only understand my language, you understand my mind. Thank you very much Roger.

Torben sunny Very Happy flower
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 am

Very nice collection, you have some of my favorite birds. When the time comes for my North American diorama I will have some condors soaring through the sky!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:04 am

Awesome collection!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:26 pm

A marvelous story of the beginning of a passion for the painted figures. Best so far what I heard. Written lightly, jokingly, with flair. sunny flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:32 pm

haha, nice to hear that i moved your hearts Very Happy
i think in some way everyone is a child, as we have not really changed since our childhood. we've just grown up and we have made more experiences, but deep in our minds we are still the same as many years ago. so if we can keep our fantasy and sense for the small nice things in our lifes (toy figures Wink) i think one can be happy in ones life :)

maybe we could start an own topic in which everyone can tell his story "how i became a collector! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:01 pm

That's a great collection.
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 pm

hey :)

...after a "long" time of abstinence (i had to earn some money to accomplish the big deal from december) i just bought two new SCHLEICH models today:

the arctic fox and the wolverine! Very Happy
they look really nice, especially the wolverine is a great little figure! i'm thinking about if i shold start something like a subarctic collection, including my musk ox, great grey owl, polar bear and the two new ones. maybe a moose next time? ^^

i also had a look at the other new SCHLEICHs from jan. 2011! i like the kudu very much, too, and the grey geese! they are also on my list for this year Wink
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: new christmas addition =)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:04 pm

hey you collectors Wink
again it was a long silence in this thread but finally i made my way back and am eager to show you the changes of my collection!! Very Happy in some way this could be the year's end report for my collector activity ^^ the next figures to arrive are the SCHLEICH new ones but for this year there will be no newcomers anymore ^^
well, first i should mention that in this year my collection grew over the SCHLEICH limits. ;D with the great grey owl by BULLYLAND it began and next one was the mandrill by PAPO. these are really very good models and they are in the minimum as good as SCHLEICH figures. but there were also some new acquirements by SCHLEICH ^^ i am happy to have the great kudu, the new badger, fox, wolverine and arctic fox in my collection. i am still waiting for a good opportunity to get the new penguin species but that will be a part for next year i suppose...
the best thing of the years comes at the end! just as in the year before i also had ordered a little christmas package for me! ^^ this year it was a premiere as there was no single SCHLEICH figure in it ^^ i decided to try another brand that you often recommended to me: SAFARI LTD !!! Very Happy
just yesterday this little package arrived at my home and by now i can really understand your enthusiasm towards SAFARI figures! they are really SOO grand!! Shocked here is the list of my first SAFARI acquirements:
- carnegie wolly mammoth: Shocked Shocked wooooow, the VERY BEST mammoth i've ever seen! it is really awfully impressive and for the moment its the absolute CROWN of my collection! Very Happy
- amebelodon: another proboscid to join my lonely SCHLEICH african elephant and also a good work. it is smaller than i thought, but maybe its going to evolve to the big elephants of nowadays Very Happy
- sabre tooth cat: a nice predator for my south american prehistoric SCHlEICHs (macrauchenia, giant sloth, glyptodon), hehe Twisted Evil i hope this smilodon will make them run a bit to stay fit Very Happy in this figure i miss the structure of the fur a bit (like it is in the SCHLEICH lynx for example) - at some parts the smilodon is a bit too smooth i would say. but still his colouring is really great and he is a very good model as well Wink
- bald eagle: i decided to expand my bird collection by some wings of the world models. they are really very well modelled and for the eagle i can say it is the best bald eagle that i know so far Wink now my two SCHLEICH eagles have a new comrade and who knows... - maybe we can hope for some offspring next year Wink
- hyacinth macaw
- dodo bird
- catta lemur: together with the PAPO mandrill this is the start of my primates collection ^^ i think the PAPO orang utang male would also be a nice addiotion and maybe also one of the new SCHLEICH gorillas next year Wink have to see them in the shops!!
... so, this was the report so far Very Happy in the end i have two new photos for you: the SAFARI packege for this year's christmas and a whole sight of my collection. ^^ i counted them and surprisingly i have reached the 100-mark exactly! cheers

i whish to you all a very merry chrismas and a good time with your dearest families and friends! santa have a nice and peacefully time!

best regards,
frederik Very Happy

PS: next year i will be heading for the COLLECTA brontotherium! prehistory mammals are the best!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Welcome Rusty here from Idaho USA cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Welcome from Germany,nice to meet you! sunny sunny
You've got a fine collection and congrats on your new additions,Frederik! cheers cheers The birds and the ring-tailed lemur are fabulous,great that you've decided to collect models from other brands also. :) Maybe you should take a look
in the sections "MOJO" and "CollectA",they'll release many nice figurines for 2012. Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Welcome back Frederik! :) When we are used to a brand is hard to see what is good in other brands! But I'm glad you are able to see more than Schleich, of coursethe Safari bald eagle is better than Schleich counterparts even it doesn't look so spectacular! You will find in other brands many nice figures to collect as well in Schleich! :)
Congratulations for your 100th figure and merry Christmas to you and to everybody you love! santa
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Great collection!!

Dir ging es wie mir. Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:44 am

Welcome home! It's good to have more variety brands of model for you this year. Perhaps you should check out the thread for mojofun & collecta collections for 2012. You may find somethings you like.

Merry Christmas!!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:47 am

Welcome back Frederik Very Happy Nice to read you again !

You chosed carefully your SCHLEICH , PAPO and SAFARI Ltd. Those are great models. I still have to buy the new lemur and the Bald eagle but I will in 2012 Wink

We need more pics of your shelves Frederik cyclops

I wish you a merry Christmas cheers santa
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: new fotos ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:35 pm

hey, i've found some time to new take fotos of my collection and here they are! Very Happy
... i still remember times when this collection had much space on only one shelf^^ nowadays three shelves are hardly enough! Very Happy Very Happy

but i have to make a little admittance Wink yesterday i was at my local toy market and they had the new SCHLEICH figures of 2012 already!!! some of them are really awesome! Shocked the elephants are brilliant and the gorillas as well... but i decided to make my eagles happy by buying them some offspring! and so i just bought the eagle chicks in their nest and a cute little skunk Very Happy
- now, THIS should really be the last of my newcomers this year ^^

happy new year to all of you cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Great pictures of a wonderful collection!!! Phantastic!! Congratulation!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:53 pm

:) :)

Wonderfull pictures.. cheers

These eagles are precious.¡¡¡
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:00 pm

widukind wrote:
Great pictures of a wonderful collection!!! Fantastic!! Congratulation!!! cheers cheers

I couldn't have said it any better ~ Wink
:)

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Great collection and very nice pics cheers

I love this one Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next