Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need some info about the sculptors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Need some info about the sculptors Empty
PostSubject: Need some info about the sculptors   Need some info about the sculptors EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Could anyone please help me with the biography info about Chris Hess and Maureen Love?
I cannot find enough info about them in the Internet, only some little notes in blogs like Breyer History Diva.

Maybe you could tell me where I may have a look?
I really admire their works and want to learn more about those people.

Thank you:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Need some info about the sculptors   Need some info about the sculptors EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 am

I don't know of any real info about them on line. or about them at all, for that matter.

This has some speculation about Chris Hess: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but that's about it, that i know of. and it's speculation! i can't even remember if he's still alive.

Maureen Love you are more likely to find info in connection with Hagen Renaker, where she worked. But again, it's only snippets, and always seems to be specifically about her work, like she started working as a painter (i think it was) and then started designing figures. I don't know that i've ever heard where she studied art etc. i know that at some time after HR closed, she had her own company "Made with Love", but it's gone now too. When she died a few years ago, her collection was sold on ebay and it was mind boggling.
There might be more info about her in the HR guide book, but i don't remember.

It's really sad that so little is known about the two people who contributed the most to the early years of model horses.

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Need some info about the sculptors   Need some info about the sculptors EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank you,Carolynn!
AFAIK Chris Hess's dead, he died shortly after his last horse,Breyer Traditional Secretariat was released. So it's more than 10 years now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some info about the sculptors   Need some info about the sculptors Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some info about the sculptors
Page 1 of 1