Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich company for sale!

Go down 
+19
MartinH
SyLoBe
HKHollinstone
christinavanderschouw
Tupolew Tu-154
skysthelimit
bojan
Vondan
ken yeo
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Taylcoel
schleich61
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
widukind
JackyLovertjex
Ana
Roger
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Hm, this news explains why so many Schleich figures will be retired in 2013.

Here's the article quote with numbers:
"Schleich, which employs 3500 staff, in 2011 posted sales of roughly 100 million euros and earnings before tax of about 23 million euros". Not too much for an international company, IMHO.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm bringing back this tread only to tell you that Schleich is not being sold anymore. There aren't investors interested! What could it mean? scratch
Click here to see more

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Roger wrote:
I'm bringing back this tread only to tell you that Schleich is not being sold anymore. There aren't investors interested! What could it mean? scratch
Click here to see more

We will see scratch scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

"... Schleich, the iconic German maker of porcelain figurines." question

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:43 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
"... Schleich, the iconic German maker of porcelain figurines." question

Shocked They surely kept that a good secret Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is an interesting article. Too low profits...those "new heros" must have cost them a fortune, - retired after one year. And two of the very expensive horse-and-rider sets, too. scratch
I also wonder about the books. They must have been very expensive to make..and as far as I know, they only exist in German...or ?

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 2:58 am

I certainly hope that this doesn't mean the end for schleich! Sad

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:49 am

Hey! I just started! :O

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:37 am

I agree completely with Phil! cheers That is exactly the impression I have reading this article but I wanted also your opinion! Very Happy
Schleich will not desapear, maybe only the quality degradation that Phil commented what is a very dangerous step to a brand where the manufacturing quality is the best point and probably one of the main reasons why the brand is so successful. Sad
Schleich is bidding now completely in North American market with an agressive way trying to make this market as important to the brand as German market. The company is still very profitable, only not as much as HG Capitals expected. :)
Hahah, Robert, Laughing ... not the iconic porcelain brand but it will always be more attached to the iconic brand of the Smurphs! albino
Alopex, I suspect that Schleich is having a bad time just because you started collecting! tongue Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:20 pm

schleich61 wrote:
...... The recent history of Schleich is a cautionary tale of what can happen when a hedge fund acquires a firm and screws up the products/services offered by that firm.

So true Sad

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm

If worse comes to worse, and something unfortunate happens to schleich, we still have all of these wonderful other companies such as mojo, papo, safari, and CollectA. It would be a pity to lose schleich though. Oh we'll, I guess I will have to stay positive! Laughing :)

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich company for sale!   Schleich company for sale! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich company for sale!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2