Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA

Go down 
+20
bojan
Mastiffcat
MartinH
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
Ana
skysthelimit
landrover
animalluvr6
Sumo
HKHollinstone
Pluisje1998
scot(t)
Elros Alvar
Numa
Rio
SUSANNE
Roger
Cyhyraeth
SyLoBe
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 am

I think that all brands should have strict control
of quality .
stiffness and good paint is necessary

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 am

That's awful Silvia! I think someone should write to collecta and complain, they're loosing customers! I'm certainly not buying any more of them either.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 am

That is terrible Shocked
I am so sorry for you, Silvia ! Sad

Really, really terrible, - for the collectors, but especially for the brand !
The horses are so beautyful that I am sure a lot of people buy them as their first CollectA models, - and being a rather new brand, this may give CollectA a really bad reputation !

It could even prove fatal to the brand pale
I agree, somebody MUST tell them ! The sooner the better What a Face

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 pm

I´ll try to cantact them and explain what happens to the horses, including pics.

If anyone can provide me an email or something else I would be glad.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm

I don't understand why do they use different materials, the material which wild animals are made off is much harder...

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Your trouble Silvia! I have only one horse from this brand but I have seen in a shop some horses with banded legs already Shocked

But I believe the new shire has no problem with legs as they are fatter? I love the sculpt work on this one so it's on my wishlist even if the plastic is not the best study

skysthelimit wrote:
I don't understand why do they use different materials, the material which wild animals are made off is much harder...

Yes, most of wildlife is from very nice plastic scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Although, ALL zebra foals I've seen here have extremely bended legs, some deers also Crying or Very sad

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Very bad story Silvia What a Face

ana wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

Some 2012 wildlife reached my home yesterday, the Grizzly, the Eurasian lynx and Capybara babies... Except the bears, they are made in a softer plastic, very very soft for the babies confused
I also read some have antelopes with odd horns, too bad some excellent models could be ruined by a bad plastic !
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Some 2012 wildlife reached my home yesterday, the Grizzly, the Eurasian lynx and Capybara babies... Except the bears, they are made in a softer plastic, very very soft for the babies confused

I don't have any of those so I can't state anything in general. 2012 items that I have - gander, waterbuck, eland, hyena, red river hog, sable antelope and gnu, are all hard plastic...

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 pm

skysthelimit wrote:

I don't have any of those so I can't state anything in general. 2012 items that I have - gander, waterbuck, eland, hyena, red river hog, sable antelope and gnu, are all hard plastic...

I had no problems with Capybara, gnu and Red river hog...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I don`t think it is a new material, but the fact that they are making them more spindly than the material can take. scratch

Last week I got the zebra and foal in the local little "knitting-and-stitching" shop. They are so old thay are marked Procon, but the legs are very soft, esp the thin legs of the foal.
Perhaps we are pushing our demands for accuracy too far ? Crying or Very sad

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Last week I got the zebra and foal in the local little "knitting-and-stitching" shop. They are so old thay are marked Procon, but the legs are very soft, esp the thin legs of the foal.
I don't think so, the legs on Gnu are veeery thin but also very hard

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I don't think so, the legs on Gnu are veeery thin but also very hard

Yes, - and that is a NEW one Shocked scratch
So they CAN make them strong enough.... Rolling Eyes

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Yes, from some reason they make some of them out of soft material, especially horses, who knows why... silent

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very bad story Silvia What a Face

ana wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

I also read some have antelopes with odd horns, too bad some excellent models could be ruined by a bad plastic !
Oh affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm

I have the 2012 Haflingers, mare and two foals - all are made of hard material, like those from 2010. So it means they still can make horses from better material.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 am

CollectA is developing such an amasing work, mainly giving us figures with thin legs and horns that turn them in realistic depictions of the animals. CollectA is working in a point tthat I think is very close to the limits of what factories can give, not only to create good replica in terms of shape but also to keep them valide to safety laws.
I don-t know why they can make the gnu with so good legs and not horses. In terms of manufactoring they look the poor side of the brand. Giving a dedicated sculptress, a poor painting and plastic. I hope they find a solution, if they start making the figures with thick legs and horns I-m sure I-ll not love them as much as I do, but to keep them bending as they do now will not be good to a brand that is having some troubles to find its place on market. Very hard, very hard...

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:07 am

Hey Magda, do you really have the Haflies in HARD plastic?? O.o Mine are soft, in fact the mare is one having problems with legs.

About the shire mares, I have both. And both have blended legs. Only a bit, but visible. The plastic on the shire mares seems to be harder, but the repositioning method didn´t work for them.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:11 am

skysthelimit wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you!

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Hey Magda, do you really have the Haflies in HARD plastic?? O.o Mine are soft, in fact the mare is one having problems with legs.
Yes, I do, they are very similar to 2010 horses. Lipizzaner stallion is more rubber in touch (and has wobbly hind legs), though. I don't know about the rest of 2012 horses, as they are available in my country for only about two weeks and I haven't bought them yet.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Okay, I checked the Haflie once again. And I was istaken, mine is also made of a harder matherial. But she has the problems anyway.

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Wow, that´s strange... I have some Collecta horses too (lusitano, andalusian, arabian, tennessee walker with foal...) and they are OK. Yes, their legs are soft but they are standing still. scratch Okapis legs are thin too but they are much harder...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Maybe climate has something to do with it, my AAA giraffe gets bended legs during summer Crying or Very sad

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Maybe climate has something to do with it, my AAA giraffe gets bended legs during summer Crying or Very sad
If the climate was the problem source then all the figurines would have more or less the same. And no... Only my 2011 and 2012 CollectAs are affected, and they are shown in the same place as my Schleich and some Bullyland, Safari and Papo (I also have some CollectA from 2010, one of them come with a very blended leg but I repositioned it and it´s perfec since then, no blended legs or any other problem with my 2010 horses)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: