Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HO scale farm

Go down 
+11
Kikimalou
Suebeedo
Kiryuha
ken yeo
zbyszek
WILLYBACOMAN
Berlinzoo954
aandmkw
Philter4
Ana
HKHollinstone
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

HO scale farm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Now that i saw that little bull again, it reminded me of two bulls, that came with a Matchbox model, but in white of course.
Yes they are probably the same make, I have two of those bulls, one is black and the other brown, the latter I've painted.
The rest are Preiser, my dad bought them for me as they are quite expensive, as a surprise. I haven't painted them all yet, he bought a box full of farm animals, goats, pigs, sheep, horses and cows with calves. Along with wagons and traps/carts and a few people too.
One of the farm animals I love, it's the bull, he's so realistic and detailed for such a small figurine.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

What a wonderful farm model!!!! It looks like it would be a great place to live if we could. I think I have a whole group of Matchbox horses from when I was I kid. They look like a lot like Willy's bulls. I guess it is time to look in the old boxes
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:31 pm

remrock02 wrote:
What a wonderful farm model!!!! It looks like it would be a great place to live if we could. I think I have a whole group of Matchbox horses from when I was I kid. They look like a lot like Willy's bulls. I guess it is time to look in the old boxes
Thank you Larry! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Spectacular!
It must be a pleasure just to sit and stare at this farm diorama, isn't it? Wink

...Yes! I,ve thought about this too! Laughing Great diorama! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Sergey wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
Spectacular!
It must be a pleasure just to sit and stare at this farm diorama, isn't it? Wink

...Yes! I,ve thought about this too! Laughing Great diorama! cheers
Thank you Sergey cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:55 am

Yes, i know these little white horse Remrock, they belonged to this horse-truck, which i had too when i was young.
I probably wishes for everything whic had anything to do with animals in those days from my parents.
i lost the truck in all of those years, and i don't have the horses too anymore, but i will find them again some day, at the best with this same truck. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yes, i know these little white horse Remrock, they belonged to this horse-trcuk, which i had too when i was young.
I probalby wishes for everything whic had anything to do with animals in those days from my parents.
i lost the truck in all of those years, and i don't have the horses too anymore, but i will find them again some day, at the best with this same truck.
I have two white horses, maybe they belonged to that horsebox.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Here's the Windmill
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]One of the white horses I was talking about, I have one the same again only larger
the one on the right went with the white horse above, I repainted this one though
here is the bull I really like and the little calves, so tiny
and the bulls like your matchbox ones, Willy
A stable girl I painted, to show how small the figures are and an old man with his dogs...
the nearest dog was painted to look like a German Shepherd.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Wonderful windmill! I hope Willy likes it. He should be the expert! About two hours from my house they have a town known as Holland, Michigan. It has the only windmill in the U.S. that originally came from Holland. The original immigrants came from Holland in the 1700's. They have a very large Tulip Festival in May that draws up to one half million people over two weeks. They also have a wooden shoe factory and a Pottery factory that makes Dutch pottery. Its not the original but the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention your painting of the animals is really really good.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

I am lost for words ! Awsome Shocked

Thank you for sharing cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh Harriet, it all looks absolutely wonderful! You do such an excellent job on those tiny figures, the old man and girl! You can easily tell that the one dog is meant to be a German Sheperd. WOW!

Do you have much more to do?

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 pm

remrock02 wrote:
Wonderful windmill! I hope Willy likes it. He should be the expert! About two hours from my house they have a town known as Holland, Michigan. It has the only windmill in the U.S. that originally came from Holland. The original immigrants came from Holland in the 1700's. They have a very large Tulip Festival in May that draws up to one half million people over two weeks. They also have a wooden shoe factory and a Pottery factory that makes Dutch pottery. Its not the original but the next best thing.
Thank you Larry. The Windmill you were talking about sounds really nice and the pottery factory. Must be a great place to visit.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Suebeedo wrote:

Oh Harriet, it all looks absolutely wonderful! You do such an excellent job on those tiny figures, the old man and girl! You can easily tell that the one dog is meant to be a German Sheperd. WOW!

Do you have much more to do?

~ Sue
Thanks Susanne and Sue!! Yes, I have lots of models to paint still, goats and kids, sheep (they are all really beautifully sculpted models, considering how tiny they are) more horses, pigs, piglets, people, carts and of course the cattle pictured. I will enjoy painting them one day Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nova

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 am

Oh WOW!!!!! This is fantastic! if you have any double's you might want to part with please do feel free to pm me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:35 am

Amazing. We call this type of windmills Dutch windmills. Because it was built by immigrants from the Netherlands. Personally, I like your never seen. I've seen have simpler shapes. We're like the grandfather of the shepherds. I wonder how it will look a whole. Good luck, and perseverance in making this diorama.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 am

Nova wrote:
Oh WOW!!!!! This is fantastic! if you have any double's you might want to part with please do feel free to pm me! Laughing
He he Laughing Thanks Nova! cheers
Here are some more of the animals I've yet to paint...

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am

zbyszek wrote:
Amazing. We call this type of windmills Dutch windmills. Because it was built by immigrants from the Netherlands. Personally, I like your never seen. I've seen have simpler shapes. We're like the grandfather of the shepherds. I wonder how it will look a whole. Good luck, and perseverance in making this diorama.
Thank you! sunny
Thanks for the info too Zbyszek, yes it does look Dutch. They're Windmills in England that look like this, they probably copied the Dutch ones.
This one below looks like my one, it was or still is in Kent
It's amazing the whole top part of the windmill turns, as you can see in the picture the stairs are off the ground. Mine does it too. Must have been great to watch it.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:43 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

They are really nicely made, but if you don`t look closely maybe one could miss how much detail there is.
What fantastic luck - or talent - that you found them !!!!
You are just the person to bring them almost alive cheers

That girl in riding outfit is amazing Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:43 am

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

They are really nicely made, but if you don`t look closely maybe one could miss how much detail there is.
What fantastic luck - or talent - that you found them !!!!
You are just the person to bring them almost alive cheers

That girl in riding outfit is amazing Shocked

Thank you Susanne cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:19 am

I think i miss a big answer here, which i did put here yesterday, hhhmmmm Rolling Eyes Shocked scratch

Anyway, a lot of those very small HO figurines are made by Preiser, and are copies of the much earlier Hausser-Elastolin models from the 1970's and 1980's...

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:53 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I think i miss a big answer here, which i did put here yesterday, hhhmmmm Rolling Eyes Shocked scratch

Anyway, a lot of those very small HO figurines are made by Preiser, and are copies of the much earlier Hausser-elastolin models from the 1970's and 1980's...
Thanks Willy. The unpainted animals and humans were bought as a box set from the Preiser's site, yes. Very Happy
But the Bulls, the black one and the one I painted, as well as the horse grazing (Pinto, another I painted) and the white one trotting, have been in the family for years, are these ones Hausser-elastolin too or matchbox? I thought because you said white horses went with that little horsebox you have, that the little horses I had might have belonged to that set.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:29 am

I can't see your pics anymore at the moment, i don't know why they are vanished from all of your treads Harriet... Rolling Eyes Shocked
But i remember the white trotting horse, it came from that little Matchbox horse-truck i showed you before here, there were 2 in it actually, and the same for the white bulls.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:34 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I can't see your pics anymore at the moment, i don't know why they are vanished from all of your treads Harriet... Rolling Eyes Shocked
But i remember the white trotting horse, it came from that little Matchbox horse-truck i showed you before here, there were 2 in it actually, and the same for the white bulls.
Oh you know what, I've just realized why the pictures vanished, I emptied my folder on the photo upload site and when you do that it deletes them from the forum too. That means I have to reload all my pictures on the forum again Neutral

So, matchbox, I have a slightly bigger horse model too, it's in the same pose as the trotting white horse. I wonder where that came from.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:20 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
So, matchbox, I have a slightly bigger horse model too, it's in the same pose as the trotting white horse. I wonder where that came from.
Here's the bigger one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HO scale farm   HO scale farm - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HO scale farm
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next