Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx

Go down 
+20
SeanieP
MartinH
JonasV
PeGe
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
pm64
animalluvr6
Roger
Sergey
lucky luke
pouchedrat
Andy DC
Kikimalou
black unicorn
widukind
Ana
donny ong
skysthelimit
Numa
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 am

Here are some photos for comparison.

Thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 am

CollectA has told me that the matter of short legs might due to the matter of photo angle.
What a relief! cheers cheers cheers
Can't wait to get it next year.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 am

Who knows the short body, belly shape, rounded back, short tail, are also because of the angle. scratch
The blackbuck looks so nice so maybe the oryx will be nice too. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:18 am

donny ong wrote:
CollectA has told me that the matter of short legs might due to the matter of photo angle.

Roger wrote:
Who knows the short body, belly shape, rounded back, short tail, are also because of the angle. scratch

The only thing I can add to the point is : I thought that the striped hyena was nice but odd with short body, long legs and a too broad mane when I looked at the pics. I thought that the Brown bear was a very bizarre citizen with her small head, her odd pose... I thought Beluga and manatee were excellent models. That's what I thought when I saw the pics the last years.
Some members here bought the manatee and beluga and explained me the body of the models were actually too short and the pics they shared then convinced me.
I bought the bear and the stripped hyena and I still congratulate myself, they are very fine models far better than the advertising pics cheers So I have a BIG hope for this one... and some more Wink
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I bought the bear and the stripped hyena and I still congratulate myself, they are very fine models far better than the advertising pics cheers So I have a BIG hope for this one... and some more Wink

Yes, me too Christophe.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
donny ong wrote:

Roger wrote:

The only thing I can add to the point is : I thought that the striped hyena was nice but odd with short body, long legs and a too broad mane when I looked at the pics. I thought that the Brown bear was a very bizarre citizen with her small head, her odd pose... I thought Beluga and manatee were excellent models. That's what I thought when I saw the pics the last years.
Some members here bought the manatee and beluga and explained me the body of the models were actually too short and the pics they shared then convinced me.

I just received the brown bear and hyena. The bear is nice as I suspected, only the mountainous hump is not natural. Unfortunately my hyena is not as nice as yours. It has the typical short body of CollectA figures what is not a problem once striped hyenas have short bodies, but the right back leg is much shorter then the left leg and the opposite on front legs, that's weird once it looks it is mine the only with these problems.
Oryxes are always loved, we have the experience of Schleich oryx, a really bad figure, that everybody loves, mainly people that collect horses and farm animals, that's a very interesting phenomenon. I also remember the enthusiasm around the Papo oryx last year, no other wildlife figure received the same enthusiasm and it is easy to see that the figure is nothing special.
I don't want to remove the enthusiasm from collectors, I only want to add somehting useful once we know some figures are photographed before being finished. Hope is not enough to explain what can be wrong or not.
Anyway, I share the same hope with this figure and the maned wolf that looks very poor on catalogue pictures. We know CollectA can make very nice figures. Though, if they are as they look in that pictures, I'll probably buy them because they are very interesting species, but this fact is not enough to give an opinion that I don't really feel.
If they are excelent, I'll feel really happy and surely aplaud it. cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:46 am

Kikimalou wrote:
After LINEOL... STARLUX is coming back Sad(o)): bounce cheers

Do you remember I made a topic about STARLUX 2013 ? Wink Laughing Laughing

Did i miss something, or is this just because of some models that were brought out!
I think it is the last because of this model, isn't it? Shocked Rolling Eyes

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 am

Roger wrote:

I also remember the enthusiasm around the Papo oryx last year, no other wildlife figure received the same enthusiasm and it is easy to see that the figure is nothing special.

Hi Roger, I'm curious about what you said above. Are you saying that you think the Papo Oryx got the most attention of any wildlife releases from any company in 2012? or just that it got the most attention from the Papo models? I ask because I felt like some other figures were the objects of much more enthusiasm, from forum members at least, than the Papo Oryx. (I'm not trying to be argumentative -- not at all! -- I just find this question very interesting.)

I thought that the wildlife figures from "the top five" companies that received the most enthusiastic responses were the CollectA Giant Eland, the Waterbuck and maybe the Giraffe, and the Mojo Sable as well. (And for me the Mojo Wolverine too, but I'm not sure if I'm alone on that.) You don't think so?

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Did i miss something, or is this just because of some models that were brought out!

Welcome my friend cheers It seems you missed a few things in 2012 Sleep drunken Laughing

About [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:07 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Roger wrote:

I also remember the enthusiasm around the Papo oryx last year, no other wildlife figure received the same enthusiasm and it is easy to see that the figure is nothing special.

Hi Roger, I'm curious about what you said above. Are you saying that you think the Papo Oryx got the most attention of any wildlife releases from any company in 2012? or just that it got the most attention from the Papo models? I ask because I felt like some other figures were the objects of much more enthusiasm, from forum members at least, than the Papo Oryx. (I'm not trying to be argumentative -- not at all! -- I just find this question very interesting.)

I thought that the wildlife figures from "the top five" companies that received the most enthusiastic responses were the CollectA Giant Eland, the Waterbuck and maybe the Giraffe, and the Mojo Sable as well. (And for me the Mojo Wolverine too, but I'm not sure if I'm alone on that.) You don't think so?

Scott, I was saying from Papo wild life only. About all brands I agree with you, however I think the striped hyena had more enthusiasm than the giraffe but only because it is a less usual species. CollectA giraffe, we only can see how excelent it is when we have it in our hands. The same for Mojo hippo and rhino, very good but not unusual species. I am glad this year Papo Wild Life is back strong again and that the main character of all range is not a T-Rex ! Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Welcome my friend cheers It seems you missed a few things in 2012 Sleep drunken Laughing

I guess so my friend, but are Lineol and Starlux really coming back then??? question Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

I guess so my friend, but are Lineol and Starlux really coming back then??? question Shocked

Of course i can see this each time I drink 130 liters in 13 minutes drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Roger wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
Roger wrote:

Scott, I was saying from Papo wild life only. About all brands I agree with you, however I think the striped hyena had more enthusiasm than the giraffe but only because it is a less usual species. CollectA giraffe, we only can see how excelent it is when we have it in our hands. The same for Mojo hippo and rhino, very good but not unusual species. I am glad this year Papo Wild Life is back strong again and that the main character of all range is not a T-Rex ! Very Happy

Hi Roger, I see. That makes complete sense. And I agree with you entirely; the Oryx was definitely the most sought after Papo wildlife figure. (Also, you are definitely right about the CollectA giraffe. It did not get nearly as much attention as the Striped Hyena or the others I mentioned.)
Back to top Go down
Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 am

SO excited for this oryx! bounce It looks beautiful cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Of course i can see this each time I drink 130 liters in 13 minutes drunken cheers

Hahahahahahaha, drunken , then all the old brands come back to you!!!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 am

scot(t) wrote:
Hi Roger, I see. That makes complete sense. And I agree with you entirely; the Oryx was definitely the most sought after Papo wildlife figure. (Also, you are definitely right about the CollectA giraffe. It did not get nearly as much attention as the Striped Hyena or the others I mentioned.)

The COLLECTA Giraffes were the first 2012 COLLECTA I bought and still at the top Cool I must say the PAPO oryx was the less sought after for me, I didn't like the official pics and I didn't like it in the shop displays. For me 2012 was a nearly no PAPO year, I only bought the brown walking Trex and the Baby croc. I guess 2013 will be worse for my bank account. Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 pm

You are not alone my friedn... cheers Cool Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 am

I am anxious to have 2013 CollectA's oryx. I think it's much better than Papo's oryx.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:43 am

It is not the same specie... And it is not very difficult to do a better job than PAPO oryx Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Related, but stil very far away in species... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Scimitar-Horned Oryx - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 Photos: Scimitar-Horned Oryx
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2