Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola

Go down 
+26
Kiryuha
Tupolew Tu-154
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
quagga
MartinH
MARTINLATIN
bojan
ken yeo
nyarlahotep
scot(t)
PeGe
HKHollinstone
Sergey
lucky luke
pouchedrat
ze_neto
Andy DC
Kikimalou
widukind
black unicorn
Ana
donny ong
skysthelimit
Numa
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I totally agree with you, my friend. It's difficult for me to understand why great brands release the same species year after year, but it's even harder to grasp why they disregard almost completely us collectors. In 2013 I won't give a single penny to Schleich or Safari. I would not expect great many new exotic species, but at least one or two each year. It is great to have new options such as Collecta or Mojo.
Numaan wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
. We're all so ridiculously fortunate even to be having this discussion

I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that we have suddenly been spoiled rotten with all this choice is something to behold. We don't know how long this will last.

With regards to timeworn standards, fair enough but personally there are only so many giraffes, zebras, hippos I can bear even if there are from different brands. If the major companies continue to make the usual standards then its a welcome that smaller/new companies are providing us more unusual species to complement the bog standards we get from everyone else.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Numaan wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
. We're all so ridiculously fortunate even to be having this discussion

I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that we have suddenly been spoiled rotten with all this choice is something to behold. We don't know how long this will last.

With regards to timeworn standards, fair enough but personally there are only so many giraffes, zebras, hippos I can bear even if there are from different brands. If the major companies continue to make the usual standards then its a welcome that smaller/new companies are providing us more unusual species to complement the bog standards we get from everyone else.

Agree!

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm

scot(t) wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Numaan wrote:
quagga wrote:
Collecta is definitely my favorite now. with Mojo coming in second.

Nice to hear it but are you aware of all the new exotic species being released by Mojo? I think your quote above wont last long! Very Happy :)

Mojo is releasing some very interesting species, but I think the quality would not match that of CollectA's.

Maybe; but it's really hard to say. I would put my three favorite Mojo models from 2012 up against my three favorite 2012 CollectAs. The Hippopotamus, Wolverine, and Sable for Mojo, and the Giraffe, Striped Hyena, and Giant Eland for CollectA. We're all so ridiculously fortunate even to be having this discussion: Mojo and CollectA both gave us fabulous figures this year and it looks like they're both poised to give us more fantastic figures this coming year. I'm going poor just thinking about it. Very Happy

Mojo's hippo and wolverine are great. But I prefer CollectA's sable antelope to that one of Mojo's.
Overall, I think Mojo is better than most of other animal replica manufacturers, but CollectA is still the best.
Well, I suppose everybody has his own opinion and taste. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Numaan, I don't know what happened with my comment here. Anyway I'm very happy that birds and monkeys are in future projects of CollectA. As I told, I like a lot CollectA birds and I know monkeys are very hard to get correctly but they are part of the rich fauna of this planet.

About the remaining discussion I don't understand why some people needs to have a number 1 brand. That's something very traditional among kids but I don't really understand among older members. There isn't a single brand that makes everything better than other.
Mojo and CollectA, like all other brands, have very good and not very good figures. I like to discuss about the best species representation, not to find the best brand but only the best figure for my collection as also it is a fantastic way to learn about the characteristics of a certain animal.Like Scott, although I love new species, I also pointed how good are new CollectA giraffe and Mojo hippopotamus.
I only think that it is good for CollectA and Mojo being under discussion which is the best brand when not many time ago it was Papo and Schleich being discussed.
Unfortunately for the brands that's only a STS phenomenon once commercially things are much harder and longer. Though, I hope that brands that are closer to our forum can have a fantastic future.
As you know Mojo is almost presenting its 3rd year releases and as it is a CollectA topic I think it is interesting to see what CollectA launched in its 3rd year in Wildlife and woodland series. Very Happy
leopard and Black panther
White tigers
Western African giraffes
Zebra calf
Meerkats
Dromedary camel
Babboons
American flamingo
King cobra
orangutan
Polar bears
Giant pandas
Dartmoor pony

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Maybe I am weird or something, but I don't mind the common species. I know it gets repetitive, the same things over and over, but once in a while, when you get a fantastic figure, like the Mojo hippo, or even rhino (and other brands as well Wink ) I appreciate a well done common figure over a poorly done exotic one. I like both of the brands, and I understand that the common species are the ones that are the building blocks of these companies. Without the common figures taht are gauranteed to sell well, we probably would not be able to have the rarer species. So far I am pretty imressed with all the brands, for different reasons, although Safari was a little dissapointing this year. Crying or Very sad That is just my opinion, but I do understand your points as well.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Roger wrote:
There isn't a single brand that makes everything better than other.
Mojo and CollectA, like all other brands, have very good and not very good figures. I like to discuss about the best species representation, not to find the best brand but only the best figure for my collection as also it is a fantastic way to learn about the characteristics of a certain animal.Like Scott, although I love new species, I also pointed how good are new CollectA giraffe and Mojo hippopotamus.

I got your point, Roger.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:42 pm

I was reading again all your posts... My feeling is it is unbelievable that those brands are existing. When I began to seriously collect animals figurines, ten years ago, I was searching about vintage companies products, animals from my youth or older. I thought it was a past history, I thought PLAYMOBIL and Computer games killed my kind of toys... I'm so happy I was wrong, discovering SCHLEICH, SAFARI ltd and PAPO was a miracle ! And now, every year I am waiting for a few new Graals from so many fantastic brands ! I hope we will discuss often and compare the same animals from different brands. Discussing about many different sable antelopes or wolverines is something fantastic, we are lucky to live this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 am

Roger wrote:

About the remaining discussion I don't understand why some people needs to have a number 1 brand. That's something very traditional among kids but I don't really understand among older members. There isn't a single brand that makes everything better than other.

I agree with you Roger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Schleich ? What's that ? lol!

Wow, a Saola Figure- Altough I have to say, the Prototype isn't that realistic looking, I hope they will do the modifacations-I'm surprised to this magnificant species as a figure, so thank you, Collecta, you make it really easy to me to stop collect Schleich complete and make forget me the next terrible, dissapointing year of Schleich! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 pm

donny ong wrote:
Yes. It has never been seen in the wild any more. And the animals in captive are all have died.
So sad!

That is only partially true, no scientists have ever seen them alive, there are 12 to 15 sightings a year at the borders of thick foresters and agricultral areas by the farmers and villagers who live there, these are the areas where the animals are exposed during their movements. That is where the photos of live ones in the wild come from. As for all of the captive individuals dying, as far as I know they have never received one in very good health so the chances of success are already reduced.

With that said I do not think it is a common animal and probably in a very poor state for long term survival.

Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Philter4 wrote:

That is only partially true, no scientists have ever seen them alive, there are 12 to 15 sightings a year at the borders of thick foresters and agricultral areas by the farmers and villagers who live there, these are the areas where the animals are exposed during their movements.

Really? That's very good! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:10 am

wow! CollectA is certainly aiming as being #1 with collectors of rare species!

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Here we can see if collectors are able to interact with the manufacturers...
This is absolutely the best choice in species from every manufacturer for this year! cheers cheers cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Very very original. and a good model to, a totally must have for every wildlife collector! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3