Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+8
jarda
Roger
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 13:51

Hi there, I know some of us have already the Blakiston's Fish Owl made by KAIYODO for the Natural monuments serie.

This bird was on the top of my wishlist but the prices were often too expensive for me. Collecting is often a matter of patience. It is at home now.
So let me show you my new owl  Very Happy

Blakiston's Fish Owl, is a fish owl. Its habitat is riparian forest, with large, old trees for nest-sites, near lakes, rivers, springs and shoals which don't freeze in winter.
On Osman ratings, the most reputable owl combined mesuring tool, where hight, weight and wingspan are added up, Blakiston's Fish Owl is the largest species of owl over the Eurasian Eagle Owl (Bubo bubo)and the Great Grey Owl (Strix nebulosa) (It measures 60–71 cm (24–28 in) in length.
Superficially, this owl resembles the Eurasian Eagle-Owl but is paler, and has relatively broad and ragged ear tufts which hang slightly to the side. The upperparts are buff-brown and heavily streaked with darker brown coloration. The underparts are a paler buffish-brown and less heavily streaked. The throat is white. The iris is yellow (whereas the Eurasian Eagle-Owl typically has an orange iris).
The Blakiston's Fish Owl feeds on a variety of aquatic prey. The main prey is fish, with common prey including pike, catfish, tuna, trout and salmon. Some fish these owls catch are quite large, weighing at least as much as the owl. In Russia, amphibians are taken in great quantity in spring.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 23:54; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 14:33

OMG, this killing me. affraid
I want one I want one I want one I want one, I will die if I not get it What a Face
But how? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Shocked
Kiki, beautiful figure, fantastic photos as usual. This species is AMAZING. I'm sick about this model now. Well, I should feel almost angry on You friend, since I saw these photos I started to feel uncomfortable feeling of envying. Twisted Evil Shocked alien

Thank You for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS! cheers sunny cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 14:44

Thank you for the pics!! This owl is one of my favourites from the Kaiyodo natural monuments serie cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

In my opinion that are the best animal figurines on the market sunny sunny

And i am very happy, today i found the albatross Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 14:55

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!!

What fantastic pictures of a beautyful model of a fabulous bird affraid
I almost get goose flech, it is so ...so...WOW cheers

Thankyou for sharing, Christophe, I LOVE this model drunken

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 15:03

Fantastic bird Christophe, congrats cheers cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 16:07

Another beauty, I love it cheers congratulations cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 16:08

Wow, low, wol, owl lol! confused Laughing
A fantastic sculpture, a terrific pose with a lot of action subjacent in it. An interesting species, a great walkarround and a macaque. monkey What do we need more? Very Happy
Congratulations for finding it and I hope Ana also can find it because we need her alive! affraid Wink

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 16:15

Very nice one, Kiki, congratulations! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Welcome in the Ketupa collectors club Wink

@Ana: You can get one here (but not very cheap):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 16:55

skysthelimit wrote:
Fantastic bird Christophe, congrats cheers cheers

Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Rolling Eyes drunken
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 19:06

I think I know the auction Cristophe! Was the price around 200$ or something similar? It is a fabulous model!!!!

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 22:18

Congrats Chris! I almost bought it too!!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 23:12

Wildheart wrote:
I think I know the auction Cristophe! Was the price around 200$ or something similar? It is a fabulous model!!!!

200$ ?   affraid   No no no, I paid it 35€ with shipping  drunken

Thank you everybody  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  affraid  Please stay with us  Laughing  You know, I dreamed about it for years now and it was a fantastic dream. IMHO, dreaming about a model is one of the most interesting thing in collecting  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : I'm very proud to join the club at last  cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 23:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue 20 Nov 2012, 03:56

jarda wrote:
Very nice one, Kiki, congratulations! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Welcome in the Ketupa collectors club Wink

@Ana: You can get one here (but not very cheap):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank You Jarda!!! That's impressive You could find it such immediately Shocked
Wow, this seems not bad price for such amazing model bounce I see some small problem as I never used yahoo and also seller do not ship abroad scratch I will think how to get it thought study

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you everybody cheers

@Ana affraid Please stay with us Laughing You know, I dreamed about it for years now and it was a fantastic dream. IMHO, dreaming about a model is one of the most interesting thing in collecting Wink

Thank You, thank You, I'm staying yet Laughing
Yes, dreaming is nice part indeed, I will try to enjoy this feeling but hopefully it would quickly change into joy jumping caused by having dreamed toy bounce IMO this kind of jumping is best part of collecting Suspect

But perhaps longer we dreamed higher we jump, don't we? Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 03:49

ana wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

@Ana affraid Please stay with us Laughing You know, I dreamed about it for years now and it was a fantastic dream. IMHO, dreaming about a model is one of the most interesting thing in collecting Wink

Yes, dreaming is nice part indeed, I will try to enjoy this feeling but hopefully it would quickly change into joy jumping caused by having dreamed toy bounce IMO this kind of jumping is best part of collecting Suspect

Laughing Maybe Anna, maybe Wink

When you catch a model you hardly want, the jump is high of course : You have it cheers At last drunken But you also loose something important, the dream... You will never dream again you will catch it one day, you've lost the waiting time feeling.
Now, the new model is a part of your collection, you can make a walkaround or enjoying it everyday on its shelf. It is now among the others... I guess the feeling is growing with the size of your collection. When you have ten or a hundred models you can spend more times with each of them, but collectors with thousand items... It's not the same, you have so many models you have dreamed about, so many love stories. You rapidly discover that the time when this model was the most in your heart and mind was maybe this long waiting time because it was unique then.

Well... Cheers cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 06:04

Kikimalou wrote:
ana wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing Maybe Anna, maybe Wink

When you catch a model you hardly want, the jump is high of course : You have it cheers At last drunken But you also loose something important, the dream... You will never dream again you will catch it one day, you've lost the waiting time feeling.
Now, the new model is a part of your collection, you can make a walkaround or enjoying it everyday on its shelf. It is now among the others... I guess the feeling is growing with the size of your collection. When you have ten or a hundred models you can spend more times with each of them, but collectors with thousand items... It's not the same, you have so many models you have dreamed about, so many love stories. You rapidly discover that the time when this model was the most in your heart and mind was maybe this long waiting time because it was unique then.

Well... Cheers cheers Wink

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

How high we jump when we find the PV lemurs scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 07:04

widukind wrote:

As high as a Baobab I guess Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 07:12

Congrats Kiki! It's beautiful! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 07:16

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

i think more as a Sequoiadendron giganteum Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 08:06

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

bounce bounce bounce

drunken drunken drunken

I've never realized that trees can jump scratch Wink geek

Maybe after finding PV lemurs set we would jump as high as Procoptodon goliah did scratch tongue What a Face

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 08:45

ana wrote:
widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

bounce bounce bounce

drunken drunken drunken

I've never realized that trees can jump scratch Wink geek

Maybe after finding PV lemurs set we would jump as high as Procoptodon goliah did scratch tongue What a Face

Or like a flea in compare with a human Suspect affraid Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 08:49

Now this is something I would like to see cheers cheers lol!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 08:53

ana wrote:

Than we come in the guiness world record book. Laughing Laughing But i dont know wha is than the better record- to find the lemurs or the jump scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri 07 Dec 2012, 15:06

widukind wrote:
ana wrote:

Than we come in the guiness world record book. Laughing Laughing But i dont know wha is than the better record- to find the lemurs or the jump scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

I will let you the jumping record and I will take the lemurs Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri 07 Dec 2012, 15:09

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:
ana wrote:

I will let you the jumping record and I will take the lemurs Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou   The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The KAIYODO Blakiston's Fish Owl walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1