Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about Safari Ltd

Go down 
+71
MARTINLATIN
A.R.Garcia
SUSANNE
Takama
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
JonasV
john2xtheman
donny ong
LeeAnn
Duck-Anch-Amun
Juan Andrés
quagga
tqcenter2002
therizinosaurus
arafan
orcagirl26
persefone
Elros Alvar
Taos
A-J
Numa
QuollMate
SeanieP
Gulogulo76
Saarlooswolfhound
scot(t)
mdasilva1973
Ana
cattlecollector
bojan
Silver Unicornis
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
MartinH
TATowner
Regy
LukaLeon085
Andy DC
Joan Milelire
STORMnl
Vondan
SommoDracorex
Bowhead Whale
dlfrogman
Arrakai
widukind
Vivien
weaselfan93
jarda
Sergey
Sapphire
SyLoBe
Sumo
Roger
landrover
skysthelimit
baltimore zoo
remowshake
Suebeedo
diversity
sphyrna18
Kiryuha
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Rio
Lasersword1973
Admin
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Wildheart
Gabe
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Anatotitan...but it is not Wild Safari o Carnegie   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm

I would like more information about this animal
The tag information says Safari / Sue / Field Museum confused
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Safari made this one for the Field Museum to acompany Sue, the famous T-rex

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 am

Yes, Sue the T-rex has friends, too ! alien alien alien alien
This one and a torosaurus.
Also a toob which was retired, but a new toob is being launched this year.
I have a key-chain with Sue`s scull.
Sue came with both open and closed mouth.
Perhaps there are more ? study

I am especially thrilled about Sue. I had the pleasure to visit the Field Museum about 25 years ago , but then there were no Safari models farao Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Nice catch cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Friends?... or lunch? Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Sumo wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Friends?... or lunch? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Safari made this one for the Field Museum to acompany Sue, the famous T-rex

SUSANNE wrote:
Also a toob which was retired, but a new toob is being launched this year.
I have a key-chain with Sue`s scull.
Sue came with both open and closed mouth.
Perhaps there are more ? study

I am especially thrilled about Sue. I had the pleasure to visit the Field Museum about 25 years ago , but then there were no Safari models farao Laughing

widukind wrote:
Nice catch cheers cheers cheers cheers
thank you monkey
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:04 pm

They are safari. My jersey bull is dark like yours. I also,have both longhorns, red and spotted.
Back to top Go down
Regy

Regy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah I Have both long horns, and the other bull just says " Bull Safari 1993 or 1998" can't really see the number properly

both mine also have white in their eyes.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Vanishing Wild lion, repaint or original?   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

So mom found this little guy on a flea market. I haven't seen him in person yet but I thought their mane was painted lighter? Suspect

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm

What a great flea-find Very Happy

But even if Safari is not famous for great paintwork, I think they are not THAT slobby, - the mane and tail-tip are definitely home made Wink

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Good find, congratulations! Indeed on other pictures of this figure mane is not that black scratch Anyway very nice lion figure, and from VV Very Happy Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Damn it, it's just a big toy now Crying or Very sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 pm

skysthelimit wrote:

Laughing I think I understand! I wanted a lot a VW figure and foudn the chance with Yvett and got a jaguar. I was really prepared to receive a large figure but it was much larger than I ever expected. I believe this lion is somewhat larger. Well, interesting that it was found in Serbia and it has a darker mane. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 pm

skysthelimit wrote:

But a very NICE, big toy ! I like him ! cheers

Recently we had a question, if the value would go down if somebody made "touch-up" on a model.
This may be a good example. The lion if perfectly fine, but it is no longer the original model . cat Neutral cat

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am

I saw a photo on Ebay and this color is original.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 12:18 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
Are you sure about that?

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
LukaLeon085 wrote:
Are you sure about that?

yes, I'm sure, in a old lot of animals of the Safari ltd, on Ebay.com there was a lion with dark mane. a week ago. I can not find 'the photo scratch .
Back to top Go down
mdasilva1973

mdasilva1973

Country/State : Massachusetts

PostSubject: help Safari Ltd Coyote and the Safari Ltd African Wild Dog    Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:11 am

Hello everyone from S.T.S
I have a few questions and help if possible I’m thinking of adding a few new animals to my collections and I’m looking at the
Safari Ltd Coyote and the Safari Ltd African Wild Dog I was wondering if anyone has these items, and what they think? also I’m going to order them on line and before I do so I was hoping I could get some of you to post some pictures of your figures, and if they could also picture them with some of their other animals so I can get an idea of the size of the figures in contrast other Figures
The catalog pictures make the coloring and markings look amazing on the Safari Ltd Coyote and the Safari Ltd African Wild Dog but I’m worried that in person they are less appealing ?

Thank you for your help
Mark

Safari Ltd Coyote

Safari Ltd African Wild Dog
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 am

I don't have pictures immediately on hand, but I think the Safari African Dog is excellent. (I also really like the Coyote.) With Safari, almost none of their models are particularly well painted. That seems to me to be a well-accepted drawback of the Safari models. There isn't a lot of shading in the painting (the sort of shading that Schleich does particularly well) and the paint often seems slapped on.

However, I always thought that in the case of the African Wild Dog, Safari's style of painting served the model really well. In this case, rather than blending from one color to another, getting a realistic-looking effect requires block colors with harder edges between the different shades, and this is exactly what Safari does. So my own opinion is that the Safari African Wild Dog is excellent and very much worth getting. (As much as I like the Mojo, I like the Safari better.)

In the case of the Coyote, the paintwork isn't fantastic, but it isn't awful, and the sculpt is excellent.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:24 am

I have to say ditto to Scott. Both sculpts are really good, but the painting with Safari models is not the greatest. The Wild dog however does look good with this very contrasting, strong bordered colors. But I think sometimes it depends on the collector's taste. In Mojo's case with their wild dog, I just would have wanted more spots on it, and not so much of one color on each side, (mostly black etc.) But that is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:38 am

i can only help with this

And i like this coyote. Also the wild dog is phantastic. Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 am

I think they are excellent Very Happy

You can see mine here ..

Wild dogs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Coyote : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 am

I do not own the African wild dog, however, I DO own Old Man Coyote and his Little Pup, and they are some of the finest animal replicas Safari has ever produced, in my opinion. The coyotes are, literally, my favorite Safari replicas, hands down, as I've taken care to mention to Safari themselves. The sculpts and the painting are exacting and beautiful. I collect many, many animals from many different brands, but I take a keen interest in predators and animals from the North American deserts. Since coyotes are one of the most widely distributed mammals in the US (we have them roaming just a block from where I live!) and they also inhabit the dry Southwestern deserts and scublands of the West, I was so excited when Safari announced these little beauties!

Buy them, Mdasilva, you'll not regret it! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:43 pm

I just love them! Papo is known of being the best with big cats, it would be fair if Safari was known of being the best with "big dogs". As Scott correctly pointed, Safari painting style, usually not very appealing, works perfectly in the African painted dog, also it has a terrific sculpting. The coyot is also just excelent, sculpting is near perfect and painting has all markings typical to the species. Don't forget the Arctic wolf, beautiful pose and sculpting too. Even the grey wolves look great although I don't have them. None of them is too large and
You can find pictures of them browsing in Safari section of our forum. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Safari Ltd
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next