Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Angus Set??

Go down 
+16
Roger
Numa
Ana
Elros Alvar
widukind
bojan
Tyler Loew
skysthelimit
Taylcoel
schleichsammler2008
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
t3rry
dlfrogman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

New Angus Set?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Dec 2012 - 17:47

ana wrote:

I don't think any brand would care about the market of retired figures. Because figures from second hand obviously don't bring them money. So if they decide to re launch some oldies, that's good for them. Also good for many collectors who would like to have these figures for reasonable price. It's only not good for those who wanted to sell them with profit. I wish Schleich would produce bird of prey set in 2013, relaunching old osprey, golden eagle, condor and sitting bald eagle I love you

From your mouth to Schleich's ears! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Dec 2012 - 18:48

ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
If Schleich starts reintroducing some old models the original will loose their collectability value. Anyway, that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
I am happy indeed that it will be possible to find some good figures like in this Angus set and not only the more recent anguish sets. Laughing Congratulations! Very Happy

I don't think any brand would care about the market of retired figures. Because figures from second hand obviously don't bring them money. So if they decide to re launch some oldies, that's good for them. Also good for many collectors who would like to have these figures for reasonable price. It's only not good for those who wanted to sell them with profit. I wish Schleich would produce bird of prey set in 2013, relaunching old osprey, golden eagle, condor and sitting bald eagle I love you

Ana, of course I agree with you and that's the reason why I'm saying that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
Though, I have to remember that Schleich informed us about the introduction of new birds during these years but with spread wings. It is being done, 2013 we are receiving a griffon vulture, in old line we had the white-backed vulture; in 2012 the peregrine falcon and in 2011 the new bald eagle. Also, we cannot forget that these last years Schleich introduced a new pelican (also with open wings) and this year the same with new pair of macaws. Will Schleich follow the strategy and give us a new osprey, golden eagle, condor or buzzard? I don't know, but clearly there is no commercial space to reintroduce the old line of birds of prey. I like best to see new figures I only wished falcon and eagle were better. Pelican is nice and vulture is promising. Very Happy
What about a North American set with the musk ox, mountain goat, pumaand alligator, figures that Schleich never gave a 2nd life?

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Dec 2012 - 19:22

Here is a scan of the pamphlet maybe someone can translate and there might be some clues in that

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Dec 2012 - 22:18

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
If Schleich starts reintroducing some old models the original will loose their collectability value. Anyway, that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
I am happy indeed that it will be possible to find some good figures like in this Angus set and not only the more recent anguish sets. Laughing Congratulations! Very Happy

Ana, of course I agree with you and that's the reason why I'm saying that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
Though, I have to remember that Schleich informed us about the introduction of new birds during these years but with spread wings. It is being done, 2013 we are receiving a griffon vulture, in old line we had the white-backed vulture; in 2012 the peregrine falcon and in 2011 the new bald eagle. Also, we cannot forget that these last years Schleich introduced a new pelican (also with open wings) and this year the same with new pair of macaws. Will Schleich follow the strategy and give us a new osprey, golden eagle, condor or buzzard? I don't know, but clearly there is no commercial space to reintroduce the old line of birds of prey. I like best to see new figures I only wished falcon and eagle were better. Pelican is nice and vulture is promising. Very Happy
What about a North American set with the musk ox, mountain goat, pumaand alligator, figures that Schleich never gave a 2nd life?

As much as it would make me cringe to think about the money I've dropped on figures like the Musk Ox, the Wisent, and the Black Angus Cattle, just to name a few examples, I'd love to see Schleich re-release many of these figures. I think Roger's right about the old birds of prey, though. If they released those animals, it'll be new models.

One note, correct if I'm wrong, but I believe the eBay listing Numann linked is Rusty's (awesome) eBay store. So Rusty's original post that began this thread and the eBay link are not independent sources of information. (Rusty, that's right isn't it?)

I wonder, is it also possible that the Black Angus figures are old stock, just repackaged?
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Dec 2012 - 22:23

Any idea why it has been listed as used?

Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Dec 2012 - 23:47

If the set is real, maybe it is because many retired figures are left over and schleich have noticed these going for high prices on eBay? Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
tapsi92237

Country/State : NRW/Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Dec 2012 - 1:07

Schleich will never wake up any retired items.
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Dec 2012 - 1:21

I have also seen these sets with a new 2012 box at a store scratch
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Dec 2012 - 13:28

tapsi92237 wrote:
Schleich will never wake up any retired items.
They did it with many smurfs last year. IIn completely new set old models were available :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Dec 2012 - 14:00

What a great find! And how interesting all this about reintroducing retired models :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Dec 2012 - 15:09

Whether used or brand new old items , as far Schleich , it's really worth it to buy the retired , hard to find models [ coz the quality of retired schleichs is too good Basketball ]

and yes, we won't get that quality in the upcoming years ' new models . Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   New Angus Set?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Angus Set??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2