Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to choose the best quality of schleich

Go down 
+6
krista
schleich61
Dr.Narayanan
Elros Alvar
widukind
shirley Renna Lee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
shirley Renna Lee

Country/State : Malaysia

How to choose the best quality of schleich  Empty
PostSubject: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 am

I have been collecting schleich horse models and i am wondering how people choose their schleichs. Sometimes i am just frustrated when the schleich i chose has rubs on it but it is hard to spot, but still it is frustrating! Any tips? :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am

No tips but welcome here sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 am

Yes that is true. Laughing
So I shot half hour comparing two figures Very Happy ...... Rolling Eyes dependents say they are identical (they are not) :) Laughing

For me it is important that you do not have stripes, is not missing paint on the muzzle and paws. it is nice and cheap.
All Schleich models have massages, as they are handmade and are copies of the original model. Wink
Welcome here! cheers cheers sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi , welcome from India Very Happy

I appreciate your question though .

In my experience , when I happen to buy the Schleich animals in person , I spend hours together to select one piece [ comparing with other pieces of the same animal ] . I mean to say that I pick up the one in the best condition possible to my eyes .

Of course, we can't help when we buy online . That is a different story Sad
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Of course I try to select the one with the minimum damage.
But usually all the figures have little bit of paint loss here and there...

Anyway, when I've found somewhat decent copies of the figure I want, I compare their expressions and I choose the one that looks nicest to me or has the most interesting face.

shane ryan

shane ryan

Country/State : ireland

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 pm

hello ther :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i buy them on this website :) they are such great quality :)!

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:41 pm

shane ryan wrote:

But have a big price alot... Shocked affraid scratch

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 pm

shirley Renna Lee wrote:
I have been collecting schleich horse models and i am wondering how people choose their schleichs. Sometimes i am just frustrated when the schleich i chose has rubs on it but it is hard to spot, but still it is frustrating! Any tips? :)

Look at they're face from the front.That way you can make sure the eyes are not looking in different directions. :)
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 pm

schleich61 wrote:
I agree with all posted here, except that I would add one piece of advice - purchase older Schleich figurines (this includes horses) rather than the new ones... Wink :)

Very true Sad(o)):

Schleich is like basement wine Laughing The more older and vintage a schleich figurine is , most best and seductive it is , interms of quality , mold , paint and over all craftsman ship drunken

one added thing to be kept in mind .

when you get a choice of Schleich made in Germany , Portugal or made in China,gofor ONLY Germany , Portugal stuffs . I refer this point with regards to ONLY the newer models [ post 2005 ]

Infact , in some of the earlier and older models , the China version was even better than the Germany , Portugal ones , interms of quality richness and look .

Nowadays , a cheaper mass production is taking place in China only. That must be the reason why Schleich looses it's trademark quality Mad Sad

More over , earlier animal designs happened in close co-operation with Berlin zoo . Thats why , the animal anatomy was far superior and natural .
Back to top Go down
shirley Renna Lee

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks for the tip. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shirley Renna Lee

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
shane ryan wrote:

But have a big price alot... Shocked affraid scratch

affraid when i turn to my mother and ask if i can get the "rare" horse, my mom says " Young lady, i already got you eight as christmas presents when you visit America, and you ask for more? WOW. the price, the bargain is closed honey Shocked " but thanks for the tip though, i really appreciate it. Very Happy :) Surprised flower
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 am

Hi there, I also spend a while choosing the less damaged figurine, comparing how they stand... The shop assistants think I´m crazy because sometimes I examine all the figurines they have and finally I don´t buy any just because the paintjob, or the standing, or minimal rubs. In fact there was a shop where the assistant booked for me the one in best condition ad even sometimes she told me "I think you´re not going to buy this one..." And she was correct xD

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
shirley Renna Lee

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:19 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Hi there, I also spend a while choosing the less damaged figurine, comparing how they stand... The shop assistants think I´m crazy because sometimes I examine all the figurines they have and finally I don´t buy any just because the paintjob, or the standing, or minimal rubs. In fact there was a shop where the assistant booked for me the one in best condition ad even sometimes she told me "I think you´re not going to buy this one..." And she was correct xD

thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Wow, thanks a lot for the great name " Dr.Schleich ".....I simply adore it drunken

As a coincidence , I have kept the name " SchleichDr " as my user name for wi fi setting . Laughing cheers

Between , you mentioned the term OVERARCHING problem for Schleich lines in recent years . What is it exactly ? Could you kindly explain it further ?
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 am

krista wrote:
Of course I try to select the one with the minimum damage.
But usually all the figures have little bit of paint loss here and there...

Anyway, when I've found somewhat decent copies of the figure I want, I compare their expressions and I choose the one that looks nicest to me or has the most interesting face.

Same here. I spend a while examining all the different figures in the shop, then among the ones that have no damage (rubs, scratches, etc) I chose the one with the nicest colours, expression, and most of all, eyes that don't look two separate ways. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best quality of schleich    How to choose the best quality of schleich  Empty

Back to top Go down

How to choose the best quality of schleich
Page 1 of 1