Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion

Go down 
+39
Fisva
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
pm64
donny ong
animalluvr6
Rio
lucky luke
SommoDracorex
Gulogulo76
quagga
Taos
Sergey
MARTINLATIN
nyarlahotep
scot(t)
ken yeo
Saarlooswolfhound
MartinH
Kikimalou
SyLoBe
cattlecollector
Seijun
jarda
SUSANNE
A-J
Sumo
HKHollinstone
Numa
Silver Unicornis
Dunfold
signatus
bojan
skysthelimit
Joan Milelire
widukind
Dr.Narayanan
SeanieP
Ana
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012 - 2:41

It's an excellent choice!

ana wrote:
I just asked Mojo and there is strong chance to rework nostrils and mouth shapes yet. I think it will be done :)

bounce bounce bounce
Thanks Anna!

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012 - 7:54

For my own part, I think the nostrils and the mouth shape are quite lovely as they are now. (But I may be struggling to see some subtle issue that is quite real.) I just mean to say that Quagga is really gorgeous and it strikes me as an impressively faithful representation of that animal.

Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012 - 11:45

Dear Ana,

the choice of this unique animal by Mojo and your great job are pure happiness to me sunny sunny
Just one thing: in th old lithographs and drawings I always set my PERSONAL imagination that the quagga is a three-colored animal......do you think that in the final production some black stripes will be added on its neck and mane?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:50

Sometimes I try to understand why none of other brands released a quagga once zebras are very popular animals. Also, they can make it cheap repainting an existing mould of a zebra. scratch
My conclusion could be silly but I think that a certain point, some of the managers think that for many customers it can look as a zebra badly painted! Laughing Well, maybe some managers don't think we all are like this! Very Happy
Well, unless Mojo doesn't think it and we have finally a quagga, an animal that has a lot to teach to new and old generations. Also in a completely different mold from the Mojo zebra and with a not impressive but very delicate pose. I like it very much, congratulations to Ana and Mojo! cheers

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012 - 0:03

Extreme great figure. bounce

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012 - 8:30

It's excellent, you are so talented Anna cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012 - 4:21

This was one of the models i didn't saw yet from Möjo for 2013...
So when i saw the name over the tread, i was very exited, as many of you know, i am a big zebra-fan, and i know quit a bit about them...

But when i saw the pictures, i was very dis-appointed to be honest, i can't see anything else then a striped pony in the picture..
Sorry Ania, i know you can do so much better then this!(maybe time-pressure does this...?)
You know that i am one of your biggest fans, but one of the biggest criticasters for that to...
The complete shape of the animal is more or less annoying me, the head isn't right like Seijun said before, the body is to chubby and short, for me it has nothing of the natural elegance of a zebra...
Sorry if it hurts, but i rather be honest, then not... Laughing
For me, those re-panits of Yurumi of the latest Schleichzebra's are still the best.

I agree that you can't model from a dead animal, specially no older samples, there are only pics of two quagga's alive around as far as i know, one from the Lodon Zoo, and one From Artis the Amsterdam Zoo.

About the idea, yes, that was a very good one! cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012 - 9:39

Thank You for Your comments Lucky Luc, Rio, Kelsey, Donny, Scott, Paolo, Roger, Paka, Agata and Willy! Very Happy

Willy, I'm happy You found time to review this figure. And glad You like species choice. It's also great to see You came back to forum :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012 - 13:32

I don't care if it's correct or not, I like it very much. It's like a painting or a song, you just like it or you don't no matter what other people say. You can't force yourself to like or not like something. Some people on this forum like Schleich, some like Mojo, well I like them both. There are two things that annoy me with both brands, Schleich's range of animals and Mojo's distribution (well that goes for all the brands in my country except Schleich). This Quagga is my 3rd most wanted Mojo of 2013 after Tapir and Stoat!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012 - 14:42

I judge everything in a relative way and not according with expectations or the name of the brand it is marked. :)
Like it happens with lions, zebras are also not easy to get . Which are considered the best zebras among these kind of brands? Schleich, aren't they? Yes, but they are also somewhat short bodied and chubby. Have large heads but a precious painting. I like them although never considered them masterpieces.
From what I can see here, the sculpting of this quagga is not of a lower quality when compared with these references and the paintwork is not comparable once it is a quagga.
Papo never released a zebra with half the quality of Ana's work and many of us love the work of Papo sculptors . So, Ana did much better in her first try than Papo sculptors in 2 generations of zebras. cheers
Safari, Bullyland, CollectA and even previous Mojo zebras doesn't look better than this one in terms of sculpting in my opinion. So I think the work is very positive and deserves our support. Only as a little detail, Mojo is not giving us one more common zebra like it happens with many brands, Mojo is giving us the first quagga and I'm as a collector that loves diversity only have to aplaud it and show my enthusiasm with such an extraordinarily interesting range Mojo is building. I wished some other brands were able to give us some innovative figures as bad as these are?!?!?!? Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012 - 15:42

If I could say something about the mentioned proportion issue, well, I'm not saying my work is perfect but I think I could add few words. :) I worked mainly with photos of animals from Quagga project, my major photo represented young stallion. As some of You know stallions in general do have bodies described in square shape in opposite to mares which are most of the time more rectangle-so they have relatively longer back. Also this tendency is visible in younger equines, their backs are most of the time shorter (obviously foals are extreme examples Laughing )
Indeed, on the photos from London zoo You can see mare Quagga, additionally she was quite old when the animal was photographed. I didn't wanted to choose this photo as a main reference because I think she looks like she is in sad or bored mood. :)

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012 - 16:36

It's fantastic! cheers WANT! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2012 - 20:07

As i said, i like the idea of a quagga very much, but i don't like the shape, the way it is painted so so...
Just because Möjo made the first one, it should be screamed in to heaven, don't think so!
And i am a bigger fan of Möjo then Schleich for example.
Their choice of species is much much better then any other modern brand, and they tend to listen to us collectors, great respect and happyness from my side for that!
Schleich zebra's are quit good, but a little bit chubby, and short sometimes chubby legs, as in many of their models, we all know that.

I know Ana's work much longer then most of you, so i know very well of what she is capable to in quality.
I just think this is not her best work, but hell, maybe the next one is out of this world.
Thank you Ana for taking my critisism as a man, and thank you for the welcome back!
I think i was her first real fan, still the biggest to, but the biggest criticaster to, that makes an artist like her only better in time IMHO...
And besides that, maybe the sculpt was good, and it worked out differently in production.
Sorry Rogerio, but i think you only have Möjo written in your eyes, since you do a lot of coörporation with them, i never see you really critisize them, as you were afraid of saying something wrong.
And i know you can't say everything here now, so mail me if you like.

By the way, i think you should go back to live in Poland, i think i have more chance to see you, then when you only live 1 hour drive from me like now, haha... Laughing
In other words, still hope to see you, Jan and Philip soon! cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2012 - 1:33

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Sorry Rogerio, but i think you only have Möjo written in your eyes, since you do a lot of coörporation with them, i never see you really critisize them, as you were afraid of saying something wrong.

Willy, I think you're loosing a lot of things on forum and I always miss you here, mainly at late hours when the forum is less active. I enjoy your sincerity but I think you are calling me a partial person what is not very elegant. Maybe I'm giving more support to Mojo due to the good relation with the forum, maybe because James is an excelent person, maybe because Ana is working there? Maybe? But, in my comments, I never gave a different opinion from what I think only because of these good reasons. Also, usually before the pictures being posted here, the brand asks my opinion so I don't need to criticise them here when the chance was already given, don't you agree?
If you check better, you can find criticism and support from me in all sections of this forum, even on Mojo section, even in this topic. Also, I don't feel afraid of making any negative comment to Mojo's works. I don't have a single reason to feel it. If I honestly am having a huge enthusiasm with Mojo figures, philosofy, initiatives, friendness? Yes!!
Only a last note, go to the topic where the brand is presented and read my comments. Among many negative posts I am one of the few members commenting that the brand is promising and that some figures lokk really great. At this time there was no cooperation or link between me and the brand. So which was the reason? monkey cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2012 - 18:26

Sorry Rogerio, if i offended you.
You know you are one of my biggest friends here on the forum.
I was a little bit harsh maybe, and where i normally keep my mouth shut, i opened it now, circumstances in life do this.
I don't want this to be an excuse, but it probably caused it.
Forget about what i said, and lets move on together... cheers

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Dec 2012 - 4:49

Congrats Ana! It truly is a beautiful piece! sunny sunny I was already suspecting it to be a stallion with its head held upright which is common character in many frisky adolescent ungulates!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Dec 2012 - 13:54

Thank You Alvin Very Happy flower

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Jan 2013 - 3:53

Ana and Mojo do it again! I love the young full-of-himself air that this fellow has. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Jan 2013 - 20:19

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Sorry Rogerio, if i offended you.
You know you are one of my biggest friends here on the forum.
I was a little bit harsh maybe, and where i normally keep my mouth shut, i opened it now, circumstances in life do this.
I don't want this to be an excuse, but it probably caused it.
Forget about what i said, and lets move on together... cheers

Willy, I already don't remember what you are talking about! Laughing Wink
I am very happy you're finding some time free to check our forum and I hope 2013 is a better year for our friend Crazy Dutch macaque! monkey cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Jan 2013 - 4:55

Me to, haha... Laughing
I hope i can make more time to go back on the forum again, i guess so... Cool

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion    Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Quagga stallion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3