Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround

Go down 
+12
ken yeo
Kikimalou
krista
animalluvr6
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
Roger
trevok4
bojan
widukind
scot(t)
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm

I received my first 2013 animal figure and it is the Schleich Female Chimpanzee holding a Baby (14679). I was impressed by the whole Chimpanzee set and decided to start with the female since, frankly, I think the mother-and-child scene is very charming.

What follows is three sets of pictures. The first three were a little closer up and they are taken using more light. This gives you a slightly better feel for the figure's detail. The next seven or so pictures are the full "walkaround" and are meant to give you a better idea of what the figure actually looks like: they are a bit darker, but they more accurately represent the color and shade of the figure. Then there are two comparison photos. One next to the older, now retired, Schleich Female Chimpanzee (14191) and another next to the standing Schleich Raccoon. This new figure is smaller than I thought it would be and by that I am pleasantly surprised. Small is good.

Here we go. I hope you like this as much as I do. I'm very eager to see the other two in the set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now for the full walkaround. Remember, this set is slightly darker, but it get the actual color and tone of the figure a bit more accurately than the three pictures above.

I love the feet of the baby. Nice touch.

love those feet!

Now for the first comparison pic. It's the 2013 Female Chimp next to the just-retired Schleich Female Chimp. I think the new one is very clearly quite superior.

And just to see how small the figure actually is, here it is next to the Schleich Standing Raccoon, a common comparison figure.

I hope you've enjoyed this! I look forward to more walkarounds from other forum members! Happy shopping!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Great pics from nice animals Scott sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Great presentation, Scott!
It still reminds me too much of Virgin Mary & baby Jesus. But the male Chimpanzee is very good!

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 pm

did you get the male and baby too also they look more bonobos instead of chimpanzees in my opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:49 pm

That's a lovely and canonical figure! Very Happy
Your walk around is very good and we can see many details from all angles. The comparison picture is very eloquent what about some of us are always commenting. See the size of head elements in older figure, it gives a caricatural or cartoonish look that we don't see in new figure. I'm sure many love best the old style, is funnier but I honestly like best the new figure.
Though, the baby looks very dark, that is not natural for a chimp, I guess! scratch Also mother looks more colored as a bonobo and I can see that it is a common chimpanzee. Anyway I'll let this judgement to our experts in macaques, monkeys and apes! monkey Laughing

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 pm

anyway i got the whole family today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

trevok4 wrote:

T4, I lost your previous comment. I'm glad we agree they look bonobos. Very Happy
Could you please post a close up picture of the male? monkey

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Roger wrote:
trevok4 wrote:

T4, I lost your previous comment. I'm glad we agree they look bonobos. Very Happy
Could you please post a close up picture of the male? monkey

the male looks kinda ugly in person
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 pm

What an absolutely adorable figure !!!!
I LOVE it Very Happy WOW !!! cheers

Thankyou for the brilliant pictures...it is a very good idea to show a dark model with a bit too much contrast to show the detail first .

Well, Virgin Mary and child...chimps are very, very closel to us geneticly. They do behave like humans in many ways. That may be the reason lost of people think they are scary Wink

Thankyou very much for the pictures, Scott. I also only have the male ( very fine model, too IMHO) and now I just can`t wait to get the rest of the family bounce bounce

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Wow, that is a great modeld scott! Congrats! personally I like orangutans and gorillas better than chimps, but for me these are must haves! (and of course you did it again with your pics, great job on them! Wink )
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Wonderful walk around photos Scott!!! Beautiful! Thank You for sharing! cheers

Figure is also very lovely, much much better than previous version :) I think the pose is very sweet. And yes those feet Razz cute! Very Happy I think I will be happy to invite them also to my collection. But first I need to find some more wild chimpanzee to balance this idyllic pair drunken perhaps CollectA attacking one would play the role of disturbing colleague for those scratch Wink monkey

Last edited by ana on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Thanks for sharing these Scott! Such a precious moment between mom and child! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for the lovely photos Scott!

For some reason this figure makes me cry. The mother's face! ;__; And the baby's hand ;__;

I think I have to get them<3

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank you for the great walkaround Scott Sad(o)):

IMHO it is a great improvement and the pose is very unusual so interesting.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 pm

First, thanks to everyone for the thoughtful, interesting comments! It's great to hear people's reactions. (I've said it before, but I'll keep saying it: This forum is such a fantastic, supportive place and it's so nice to share my enthusiasm for animals figures with people who love them as much as or more than I do!) Thank you!

trevok4 wrote:
did you get the male and baby too also they look more bonobos instead of chimpanzees in my opinion Very Happy
Roger wrote:
Also mother looks more colored as a bonobo and I can see that it is a common chimpanzee.

I agree about the female looking a bit like a Bonobo. For me it's her left arm in particular. Bonobos (in my mind, at least) have less hair, and the bicep and shoulder of the chimp's left arm (her left, not mine) looks muscled and hairless, like a Bonobo.

I started by purchasing only the female. But I ordered the Male and Young Chimp last night. (The first new Schleich figures I ordered, including the female chimp, I ordered on eBay. The shipping was pricier, so I just got a couple. Then the figures appeared on sale at Really Great Toys, which is a really great online store, and so I made a bigger Schleich order there last night. I'm looking forward to the Hippos, Bear, and Bulls!)

SUSANNE wrote:
it is a very good idea to show a dark model with a bit too much contrast to show the detail first .

I also only have the male ( very fine model, too IMHO) and now I just can`t wait to get the rest of the family bounce bounce

Thank you Susanne! I'm happy with the way it turned out. It's always so hard to shoot dark models effectively.

And thank you for posting the picture of the male. I can hardly wait to get him. I think he looks ugly and menacing and I love it! (Chimps kind of scare me actually; I find them menacing in real life; more so than gorillas even. And the new Male figure captures that.)

ana wrote:
I think the pose is very sweet. And yes those feet Razz cute! Very Happy I think I will be happy to invite them also to my collection.
animalluvr6 wrote:
Such a precious moment between mom and child! Very Happy
krista wrote:
For some reason this figure makes me cry. The mother's face! ;__; And the baby's hand ;__;
SUSANNE wrote:
Well, Virgin Mary and child...chimps are very, very closel to us geneticly. They do behave like humans in many ways. That may be the reason lost of people think they are scary Wink

I really like the pose too. I understand that some might think it is sentimental or that it echoes the Madonna and Child pose. I like it for that reason. I am very sentimental though.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 pm

By the way, in case anyone is interested, a picture I didn't post before is a comparison shot of the 2013 female Chimpanzee with Baby next to one of the Bullyland Chimpanzees (the only one I have). Here it is. I like the Bullyland, but I like the Schleich a lot more and I like the size of the Schleich a lot more. It'll be more interesting to see comparison shots between this Bullyland chimp and the new 2013 Male Schleich.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:42 am

scot(t) wrote:

By the way, in case anyone is interested, a picture I didn't post before is a comparison shot of the 2013 female Chimpanzee with Baby next to one of the Bullyland Chimpanzees (the only one I have). Here it is. I like the Bullyland, but I like the Schleich a lot more and I like the size of the Schleich a lot more. It'll be more interesting to see comparison shots between this Bullyland chimp and the new 2013 Male Schleich.

I think I agree with you, can't wait to see the male pics Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks Scott!

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks for the walkaround Scott!
An improvement indeed, although the pose of the female it a little bit human indeed, because the mother chimp does look so humanly into the eyes of the infant, but still a step foward in compare to the older models, which were ready for a re-make a long time!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 am

Thanks Christophe, Ken, and Willy!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:45 am

The male chimp is not bad, but would look better if the ears were just a bit smaller.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:49 am

Some chimps just do have very big and floppy ears as we have in humans... Shocked

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 am

I know, just in this case I think if the ears were smaller, there would be more focus on the nicely sculpted face.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:07 am

Maybe you are right.
This one just hears better i guess... Wink

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:33 am

It's actually not a bad figure, but the ears distract form the face. I'll get one, and do a little "ear cropping" on it, and it will help accentuate the face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next