Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround

Go down 
+12
ken yeo
Kikimalou
krista
animalluvr6
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
Roger
trevok4
bojan
widukind
scot(t)
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
The male chimp is not bad, but would look better if the ears were just a bit smaller.

Which male chimp ? The BULLY on the pic or the new SCHLEICH ?
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm

For sure the new Schleich chimp! I think they did a good job on the bent knuckles on the arms. Overall looks like a cool fig, just needs some custom "ear cropping"....
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
The male chimp is not bad, but would look better if the ears were just a bit smaller.

Which male chimp ? The BULLY on the pic or the new SCHLEICH ?

Both! Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:13 pm

I know the BULLY, his name is Mickey Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:39 am

Or Dumbo! elephant

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:16 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Or Dumbo! elephant

He can fly ? Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

With ears like that, who knows? Rolling Eyes
But he doesn't like Minnie or cheese either... Laughing

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Just wanted to add these photos:
Schleich and CollectA Male Chimpanzee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CollectA couple and the new Schleich family
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Very nice group Bojan! Congratulations! Very Happy And thanks for comparison photos! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Thank you, Anna, I just wanted to show them, because the male chimpanzee is really awesome and because of it I'm not that mad anymore at Schleich because of their poor 2013 range!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Thank you Bojan, I like very much the COLLECTA tribe and your pics give one more reason to add the SCHLEICH Wink
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Congrats Bojan, very nice family!

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Bojan wrote:
Thank you, Anna, I just wanted to show them, because the male chimpanzee is really awesome and because of it I'm not that mad anymore at Schleich because of their poor 2013 range!

Very nice Bojan! That Schleich male chimp is fantastic. I probably won't end up getting the CollectA chimps now. I was planning on it, but I feel like the 2013 Schleich Chimpanzees have sated my desire for realistic looking chimps.

Back to top Go down
bojan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Thank you, Christophe, Willy and Scott. Scott, chimpanzees from CollectA are wonderful in reality, they don't look so good on my photos. Get them while you can!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 am

I also think the Schleich chimp looks more realistic. However, the picture shows a more cartoonish CollectA chimp that it is in real. CollectA's has a nice pose but head and eyes look huge on picture. Rolling Eyes Very Happy

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 pm

That CollectA male gave me a lifetime trauma when I scrolled the page down and saw it suddenly ... D:

bojan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:29 pm

krista wrote:
That CollectA male gave me a lifetime trauma when I scrolled the page down and saw it suddenly ... D:
It is a very good model, it's just bad photo!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Bojan wrote:
krista wrote:

I agree 100%, The COLLECTA are excellent better than I thought first, but when I finally get them I was very very happy Wink
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Bojan wrote:
krista wrote:

No, no I didn't mean it's a bad model. But the expression just spooked me :D

sebillba

sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful chimp photos. cheers monkey I've not posted for a while as I only collect monkeys and apes, and I haven't got anything new for quite some time. However, I recently picked up the new Schleich chimp family, and they've rekindled my interest in the hobby. I still love my old chimp family, but the detail in the new set puts them in the shade. My favourite is the young chimp, so she's become my new avatar. :)

I've got a few new apes coming for my birthday, including the CollectA chimp family, the new Bullyland chimp and the Safari monkey Toob. bounce But I have to wait till the end of June for all those, so until then, I'll just have to enjoy all your photos on here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:18 am

sebillba wrote:
Thanks for sharing all these wonderful chimp photos. cheers monkey I've not posted for a while as I only collect monkeys and apes, and I haven't got anything new for quite some time. However, I recently picked up the new Schleich chimp family, and they've rekindled my interest in the hobby. I still love my old chimp family, but the detail in the new set puts them in the shade. My favourite is the young chimp, so she's become my new avatar. :)

I've got a few new apes coming for my birthday, including the CollectA chimp family, the new Bullyland chimp and the Safari monkey Toob. bounce But I have to wait till the end of June for all those, so until then, I'll just have to enjoy all your photos on here. Very Happy

Welcome back! Very Happy
Collecting figures of a specific group of animals can represent a long time without new figures, unless you start collecting all brands and it will never stop as long as there are always something you haven't heard before. But, considering you are getting other figures from major brands I believe it will turn in a more active hobby. Enjoy and don't forget to show your new figures as soon as they arrive. Very Happy

sebillba

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks Roger! Unfortunately I collect way too much stuff, for example, I have over 1500 Star Wars figures! So this is supposed to be a smaller, more selective collection, though if I'm not careful I know it could easily grow out of control! Very Happy

I do buy other brands, though some are very similar, so I don't feel the need to get everything. My favourites are the chimps, I've been looking for the Chap Mei one for ages now - he's not the best quality, but his pose is very different, so I think he'd be a great character to add to my troop.

I wish Schleich would produce some monkeys - they've made plenty of apes - chimps, gorillas, orangs and baboons, but to my knowledge, they've never made any actual monkeys. I'm certainly no expert though, so would love to be told I'm wrong. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:19 pm

sebillba wrote:
Thanks Roger! Unfortunately I collect way too much stuff, for example, I have over 1500 Star Wars figures! So this is supposed to be a smaller, more selective collection, though if I'm not careful I know it could easily grow out of control! Very Happy

I do buy other brands, though some are very similar, so I don't feel the need to get everything. My favourites are the chimps, I've been looking for the Chap Mei one for ages now - he's not the best quality, but his pose is very different, so I think he'd be a great character to add to my troop.

I wish Schleich would produce some monkeys - they've made plenty of apes - chimps, gorillas, orangs and baboons, but to my knowledge, they've never made any actual monkeys. I'm certainly no expert though, so would love to be told I'm wrong. :)

The only not ape figures Schleich released were a baboons family that is already discontinued. But maybe you'll enjoy some new releases of other brands, search Papo gibbon, Mojo proboscis monkey. Next year CollectA will release some monkeys and it looks we are entering a good ape and monkeys time. monkey Very Happy

sebillba

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:36 pm

Roger wrote:
The only not ape figures Schleich released were a baboons family that is already discontinued. But maybe you'll enjoy some new releases of other brands, search Papo gibbon, Mojo proboscis monkey. Next year CollectA will release some monkeys and it looks we are entering a good ape and monkeys time. monkey Very Happy

Thanks so much for the tips Roger, I just searched for the Papo gibbon, and found one to buy from Amazon. Yayy!! cheers I've seen this guy in the STS logo, but didn't know what to search for, so I'm really pleased to be getting one. Very Happy I've also seen the proboscis monkey, he looks great, but I can't find him for sale anywhere - I think someone predicted he would be released in the summer, so hopefully sometime soon. Also very excited to hear about the CollectA monkeys, that's brilliant news! monkey Just hope they're easier to find than the CollectA chimps - I ended up having to buy those from Australia.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:18 am

sebillba wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks so much for the tips Roger, I just searched for the Papo gibbon, and found one to buy from Amazon. Yayy!! cheers I've seen this guy in the STS logo, but didn't know what to search for, so I'm really pleased to be getting one. Very Happy I've also seen the proboscis monkey, he looks great, but I can't find him for sale anywhere - I think someone predicted he would be released in the summer, so hopefully sometime soon. Also very excited to hear about the CollectA monkeys, that's brilliant news! monkey Just hope they're easier to find than the CollectA chimps - I ended up having to buy those from Australia.

I am glad I was helpful with gibbon. Very Happy The proboscis monkey is not available yet. But it is great that figures are droping slowly to keep the excitment. Laughing
Get tuned, I am predicting a 2014 year of the monkey. monkey Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround   Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2013 Female Chimpanzee with Baby - Walkaround
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next