Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
widukind
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! Empty
PostSubject: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:35 am

As I pointed on this topic, I was fortunate to receive some gifts from Christophe.
Specially this Egyptian vulture from Japanese brand Epoch.
This is a figure that I love in every aspects and one of the best educational toys I know.
The sculpting and painting are very good, the pale coloring contrasting with the black flight feathers, the narrow and yellow bill. The yellow bare skin on face. Even the egg is realistic looking.
The figure is made of a similar plastic from those we are used with major brands and the base is detachable like you can see on pictures.
It prevents the painting blend from legs to the base and gives more playability to the figure. Also gives 2 alternatives to dioramas and with base is perfect to stand on shelves.
But, what makes it an excelent educational toy is the story that it tells.
The figure represents with quality a mature bird with a pebble ready to break a egg. The using of tools is not usual on birds and that species developed that characteristic that the brand decided to represent.
Even the shape of the pebble is perfect because these birds have a preference for this kind of rounded pebbles and not other kind of rocks. Of course I cannot identify the egg, they use that strategy to break large and thick eggs like those from ostriches or bustards.
Maybe it is an egg from a Great bustard, I think of it because considering the color of the bill of the figure represented, it only can be the lesser white subspecies found in India, (Neophron percnopterus ginginianus). Though, here is the only problem with that figure. From what I could read, this behaviour was only identified among African populations of the nominate subspecies and never reported among Indian populations.
The fact of not being reported doesn't mean that this is a mistake. I've only found it curious.
Now it is easy to understand why some people onf orum call in Japanese fever! Laughing Many thanks Christophe, it was a fantastic surprise and I figure that I only dreamed without thinking it would reach my humble collection. cheers

Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! AstRoxg
Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! PFRQKV9
Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! B0pRKkM
With Bullyland Grey Heron, that Yvett found for me.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 am

This vulture is one of my allstars Very Happy Very Happy Big congratulations, also for the heron cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

And big hurray for Kiki and Yvette cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

Beautiful bird cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 am

Congratulations with this awesome, fantastic model cheers
I think it is the ultimate wonder-model for many of us, but in your collection it has found the best home ever Wink

Yes, funny how a few kinds of birds use tools, - we usually think of it as a sign of high intelligence. Probably because we do it ouselves...just like chimps do tongue

It makes me think of a place near where I live. There is a little paved road some hundred meters from the ocean, and it is always filled with shells of mussels ! The seagulls bring the mussels there and wait till a car comes along and runs over them !
Yes, birds can be very smart Very Happy

Congratulations with the heron, also ! People who routinely say Bullyland isn`t very good, should think again Wink

Hurray for Christophe and Yvette, who help us making lots of dreams come true cheers cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Congratulations with these two beautiful birds!!! They are wonderful!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Roger, this vulture is precious, I bought it recently. Regarding the heron, anybody can help me to get one? I had never seen this figure and i want it!
Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! cheers
I really love specially that figure and of course the grey heron has a special place on my collection too! cheers
Susanne, your imput is very interesting and I agree. Bullyland is not a minor brand in my collection, I have as many Bully figures as I have from other major brands. flower
The grey heron is an excelent example how this brand is very interesting. Not only it is a great figure as it represent a misrepresented creature. And herons are not unknown birds at all. Bernito, I wish you good luck. I am not a hunter, Yvett found this one for me. Very Happy

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks Roger!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Beautiful bird cheers
Ditto! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Maybe it is an egg from a Great bustard, I think of it because considering the color of the bill of the figure represented, it only can be the lesser white subspecies found in India, (Neophron percnopterus ginginianus). Though, here is the only problem with that figure. From what I could read, this behaviour was only identified among African populations of the nominate subspecies and never reported among Indian populations.
The fact of not being reported doesn't mean that this is a mistake. I've only found it curious.

You have the eye of an eagle Rogério... And the curiosity of a monkey Laughing Crocs are really surprising animals Wink

You are right it is the lesser subspecie and I learn something today. Thank you for the pics Very Happy and the context Laughing Wink

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

You have the eye of an eagle Rogério... And the curiosity of a monkey Laughing Crocs are really surprising animals Wink

You are right it is the lesser subspecie and I learn something today. Thank you for the pics Very Happy and the context Laughing Wink

:lol:Christophe, I have the visual acuity of a rhino and the satiety of a crocodile. alien
I love to eat good food slowly. Especially when it is poultry meat, comes with salade, an exotic egg, and is prepared by a famous French chef! monkey cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:39 am

Roger wrote:
:lol:Christophe, I have the visual acuity of a rhino and the satiety of a crocodile. alien
I love to eat good food slowly. Especially when it is poultry meat, comes with salade, an exotic egg, and is prepared by a famous French chef! monkey cheers

At least it is not a crocodile egg Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!   Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations! Empty

Back to top Go down

Epoch Lesser White Scavenger Vulture - some considerations!
Page 1 of 1