Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Susannes new Safaris :-)

Go down 
+6
Roger
bojan
Ana
widukind
Kristie
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Susannes new Safaris :-) Empty
PostSubject: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 pm

No matter how often I reapeat the mantra " I do not collect Safari, I do not...", they sort of sneak into my home Shocked
Because they are wonderful cheers

Here are some I have got lately, mainly from friends here at tha forum

A large bee and butterfly, - from Yvette sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tiny, little critters ( !) from Christiphe...my first good luck minis Very Happy

From Torben`s collection the most amazing frog with golden eyes

And a humpack whale from Monterey Bay series

Lovely horse and foal from Paige:

This one I could not help buying. A Jutland heavy horse...I live in Jutland, it is the most Danish horse existing cheers

Two happy piggies from Danish auction

On Ebay, some I just could not resist.
These old models were packed neatly in white tissue paper. It makes them seem even more precioussss Wink

Mom and baby, two old Gorillas

I had to get them to keep the famous whiteback compagny . Look they aren`t even scared of him drunken

Being in the Ape-mood, I also found two old Chimps monkey
It wasn`t only Schleich who made large heads Laughing

Two deep water fish. I was very surprised how large they are, but I love them anyhow sunny

A few prehistoric also came here to stay alien
This psittacosaurus was living in a box by one of my friends.
He was very lonely, but here he is happy with the friend from Colleta, a gift from Roger Very Happy

Who can restit a Stegosaurus ? I can`t Rolling Eyes And his relative here is ever so beautyful, IMHO Very Happy

For ages I have been eyeing the itch..ichthyosaurus.
How lucky I was ! He came here together with some of the new Schleich Wink

Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Congrats Susanne! I LOVE the happy pigs! The good luck minis are nice, too. I have a good luck hermit crab. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Beautieful newcomers Susanne!! Big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Congratulations Susanne! What a great flock of Safari creatures cheers cheers cheers Sad(o)):

I also think this Stego cousin, the Kentrosaurus is very nice! I also love his color, very nicely shaded green Very Happy

So that's family of good old "ugly uncle Silverback" gorilla. he looks almost cute next to them Very Happy

I think one of these deep water fish is glowing in the dark (the lighter one), did You tried? I've seen it somewhere and it looked super nice!

And I like also Ichtyosaurus with it's prey in mouth, what a nice idea Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 pm

I like the Jutländer very much! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Collecting Safari may be very exciting. While in Schleich and other brands we already know what we have to collect. Safari is full of surprises. Mainly these first generations. Safari explored a childish style very different from Schleich. While the German brand uses an extra cuteness, Safari is pure cartoonism. It doesn't result as atractive as old Schleich but can give us a certain humour being figures sometimes funny, sometimes scary. Always charming. Very Happy
Chimps are good examples, There is an obvious changing of desing between these old and new generations. Safari is giving today some of the best animal sculpts. Very Happy
I enjoy following your Safari non collection and see the surprises you have to share with us. queen Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Thankyou very much, dear friends cheers
I am so happy that you like my not-collection tongue

ana wrote:

So that's family of good old "ugly uncle Silverback" gorilla. he looks almost cute next to them Very Happy

Aren`t they wonderful ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ana wrote:

I think one of these deep water fish is glowing in the dark (the lighter one), did You tried? I've seen it somewhere and it looked super nice!

Thanks, Anna, I just tried, but this one doesn`t glow in any kind of dark scratch

Roger,thanks for the wise comments flower

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Susanne, why do you continue to buy rare safari models if you do not collect this brand????? scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Susanne, why do you continue to buy rare safari models if you do not collect this brand????? scratch

Lance, in my age we like `em a bit older Wink farao Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 am

For not collecting Safari, you certainly do have quite a few. Laughing Congrats on your growing collection!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 am

I forgot to say that the logo is very eloquent of what Safari intend with these 2 generations. The crocodile in older figure tags is very funny. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 am

Roger wrote:
I forgot to say that the logo is very eloquent of what Safari intend with these 2 generations. The crocodile in older figure tags is very funny. Very Happy

You are so right ! The tags of Safari almost has a story of its own Laughing

The latest ones are very boring, compared to the old ones. But in a way they show the ways of the present days : SAVE ON COST, no matter the cost !!! Suspect

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Did you know that Safari also sold/sells soft toys ?
When I saw this bunny at buy-it-now just over 1 Euro, claiming it is from Safari Ltd., I thought the seller was mistaken. Suspect

So, as I LOVE bunnies and soft toys, and as I am a terribly curious person, I couldn`t resist getting one.
I thought it would be tiny, like a Sylvian Family or such.
But he is not so little. Here he is with westie Very Happy

Isn`t he cute ? rabbit

AND he is indeed marked Safari Ltd Shocked

Sorry about the light "fluff". I am knitting some light grey socks, and the fluff is everywhere Embarassed

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Very interesting! I had no idea too! Very cute figure and thanks for sharing! Very Happy

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Congratulations Susanne, they're awesome!! I love the bunny, so cute cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Very nice additions Susanne, some great dinos, wonderful monkeys made for you and a fantastic ichthyosaurus Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): On of my favorite sea animal model I love you

Very incredible bunny too Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks, friends cheers bounce rabbit

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susannes new Safaris :-)   Susannes new Safaris :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Susannes new Safaris :-)
Page 1 of 1