Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting

Go down 
+3
ken yeo
Roger
Kikimalou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting Empty
PostSubject: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 pm

The Cape penguin(Spheniscus demersus) is confined to southern African waters. It is also known as the "Jackass" Penguin for its donkey-like bray.
The Cape Penguin is a banded penguin. The other banded penguins are all found mainly in the Southern Hemisphere: the Humboldt Penguin and Magellanic Penguins found in southern South America, and the Galápagos Penguin found in the Pacific Ocean near the equator. All are similar in shape, colour and behaviour.
African Penguins are 68–70 cm tall. They have a black stripe and black spots on the chest, the pattern of spots being unique for every penguin. They have pink glands above their eyes, which are used for thermoregulation. The hotter the penguin gets, the more blood is sent to these glands so it may be cooled by the surrounding air, thus making the glands more pink. The males are larger than the females and have larger beaks, which are more pointed than that of the Humboldt penguin.
African Penguins forage in the open sea, where they pursue pelagic fish ,such as pilchards and anchovies, squids and small crustaceans.

COLORATA produced in 2003 an African penguin in his Penguins set. 10 years later SCHLEICH is making one. The good thing is the two figurines have the same scale 1:14  Very Happy
One is German, the other is Japanese but both are born in China.  Wink

The COLORATA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The SCHLEICH

Let's dance

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 pm

I love meetings! cheers
Comparing different interepretations of the same animal from brands is very interesting and turn everything more obvious. The idea I have, always I see the Schleich penguin, that someone hammered the figure on top of the head, is clear when comparing them. The Colorata looks having the streamlined body of a penguin while the Schleich looks a ball. Very Happy
Also Schleich has larger eyes and a prominent chest that doesn't help with accuracy but give him the traditional Schleich looking. flower
I like both figures and both are in my wish list. One is easy to find, other is almost impossible, that is one of the reasons why I wished Schleich was better. However, there is a point where Schleich is much more interesting for me. I enjoy best the rich texture, a point where Colorata is not very good. :) Thanks! monkey cheers

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 am

For me, I still prefer Colorata Cape penguin than Schleich. But I do admit the texture of Schleich make it look good.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 am

Ken, Rogério, I must say I agree 100% with you Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:56 am

Fantastic walkaround Christophe! I really like both of them. I may have a slight preference for the Colorata, but the Schleich is very nice.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 am

Great walk around and comparison, thank You for sharing Kiki!

I have lonely Colorata so far and I think he will be happy to meet new schleich as penguins do not like to be alone bounce And both are very nice figures :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 am

The Lineol grandpa say: Thank you Kiki for the pics!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Wonderful walkaround and very interesting description and comparison cheers

Another interesting think is that your China-made bird is much more carefully painted than my German-made little fellow is Rolling Eyes

Look at the eyes and the paint running under the wing !!!! What a Face

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Very very interesting! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Thank You for sharing Andreas and Susanne cheers

I think perhaps German version has less carefully painted pattern but colors seems to be more clear, what looks nicer to me scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Susanne, thanks for posting the comparison. I confess I noticed the painting differences although I haven't commented. Mainly because of under wings and white patch of head much better placed almost merging with eyering. Also the chest strip doesn't look so squared. I criticized these marks on your post and here I have to say that I like best the way the Chinese version is painted. Of course not perfect, I think the head white strip is too long and the border between black and white from shoulders/wings/tail doesn't look very well definned. This time I am fortunate that I'll only be able of finding the Chinese version. I only don't understand why the white hare and penguin are not available yet here. Only all the rest that I am not interested. Sad Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 am

When I bought the penguin, I watched carefully the head because I noticed some bad paintings on STS members pics. Nothing is really perfect in this model but it is enough nice to join the flock Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:12 am

But I like German more

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful walkaround and very interesting description and comparison cheers

Another interesting think is that your China-made bird is much more carefully painted than my German-made little fellow is Rolling Eyes

Look at the eyes and the paint running under the wing !!!! What a Face

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 am

ken yeo wrote:
But I like German more

Laughing And I prefer Japanese one Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
But I like German more

Laughing And I prefer Japanese one Wink
Laughing

PostSubject: Re: COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting   COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

COLORATA and SCHLEICH: The Cape penguins meeting
Page 1 of 1