Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orca Gives Birth

Go down 
+5
orcagirl26
trevok4
aandmkw
SUSANNE
animalluvr6
9 posters
AuthorMessage
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:19 pm

I came across this video of Kasatka a SeaWorld killer whale giving birth! I thought it was so adorable and would love to share it with you. She gave birth on Valentines day! Very Happy I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:36 pm

Ohhhrw ! So fantastic drunken

Look how the baby swims immediately, it is stunning cheers

I just wished people could shut up. Imagine making such a noice at somebody`s childbirth Suspect

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. I have been seeing the photos on facebook on the Sea World Facebook page, but had not seen the video. It would be so amazing to be able to see an orca birth in person.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I just wished people could shut up. Imagine making such a noice at somebody`s childbirth Suspect

aandmkw wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing. I have been seeing the photos on facebook on the Sea World Facebook page, but had not seen the video. It would be so amazing to be able to see an orca birth in person.

You're welcome! I was so surprised to see how fast the calf caught up with its mother! I would love to see an actual birth! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am

animalluvr6 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

aandmkw wrote:

You're welcome! I was so surprised to see how fast the calf caught up with its mother! I would love to see an actual birth! Very Happy

same here
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

For anyone who is wondering, the calf has recently been confirmed to me a male - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun May 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Im grazing to the topics and came across this old one....and it makes me wonder....are we still believe this is wonderfull...
Its 2019 now and things have change.... thank god,
I love Orcas.... but in the wild ,where they can swim in a straight line for over 200 kilometer or more, where the families stay togheter and they give birth to there baby’s in private without the yelling and screaming of the people.
And yes im  against Seaworld and all the other dolfinariums.
When they found the orca Morgan in the Noordsea and they brought it to Harderwijk ...it was suppossed to be healed and brought back to her family ...(.they where located to swim nearby Norway) ...but they did not. They send her to  Another aqua centre where they need  new blood so they can breed her.
Last news on her is that she became a mother only to be taken away from her child so that trainers can bottlefeed her ,so she can get  used to be  handle by people. Morgan is only alowd to spend a few houre with her baby and the baby is not intrested in her  anymore.....it breaks my heart.
Nowing that Orcas have the same family values as humans (maybe even more) imagine youre two year old child is taken away from you....
For the orca mentioned in the openingspost .....here baby was taken away after two years because “ he did not behave” .... and she died recently after a infection.... but she was depressed since she was without a baby.... they used here as a breedingmachine....
i know opinions vary..... but we should think about what we are doing with those animals.
Ps please go to youtube ,search for the film Blackfish and watch it....
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun May 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Its 2019 now and things have changed, very disgracefully. Now he have a nonsensic society chilling and crying because they consider that all animals are humans, they don't know animals and they don't understand animals and in consequence they don't love animals, so the result is a group of brainless animal rights activist that try to close all zoos and aquariums and hence try to exterminate all the animal life from Earth despite they clam the contrary. Most of this is guilt of a very infamous movie called "Blackfish", an abominable bunch of lies destinated exclusively to provoque this anti-cetacean toughts in all the society, and sadly they have been very successfully to the point that some countries (Canada, UK, Mexico) are banning cetaceans and the stupidity is so inmense as for sterlize all cetaceans for try to exterminate all the cetaceans that are in good care in the world and leave just only those that must suffer without the deluxe captive life that everyorca would dream to get but that are denied by the crying anti-animal toddlers such as the terrorist organizations like PETA and the such, the same kind of people that made Blackfish for example.

So please go to youtube, search for the horror movie blackfish and don't watch it, just block every uploader of this stupid nonsense of a movie made by anti-animal fanatics. And please, after that I hope that nobody watch the movie "Bee movie" and start to act towards honey bees as if they're humans too.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun May 12, 2019 3:05 pm

P. S. I highly recommend to read the four pages of this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before reply here

Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun May 12, 2019 6:34 pm

typica reaction Rolling Eyes
And you are calling me brainless..... duh
Im not a activist...and i dont like Peta...i dont want the animals to be set free because they wont survive in the wild... and im not humanizing the animals i even hate it when people do ....i only want people to think. And no its not a good care for animals if you put a big mammal in a small envirement.....
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun May 12, 2019 6:42 pm

a) If you said that you don't do nothing of these things, then why you said that I'm calling you brainless? In fact this is a weird reply for a brained person!
b) even less logic, why do you assume that every "envirement" possible is always a small one?
c) I'm pretty sure that you didn't readed my link before reply. Did you?
d) Why did you think that my reaction is typical? It's logic and sensic as a reaction to your slightly incendiary post, but maybe not so "typical" (or "frequent", in that sense). Sadly!

As I saw the fault of logic (in the two first things pointed) in your replies, I will not reply to this thread anymore.

Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptySun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Applause
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptyTue May 14, 2019 1:19 am

I agree with Jetty.
Keeping cetaceans in captivity is one of the most cruel things currently happening. These animals are brutally captured and taken away from their families. Odontocete family bonds, especially those in orca's, are extremely strong: some calves will stay with their mother for their entire lives. When a calf gets taken away from its family, only to be displayed in a concrete tank, it is not only the calf that suffers but the family which gets left behind as well (IF they don't get killed-this has happened in the past!). We all know how intelligent these animals are, and we know they mourn.
While these animals spend their lives in the wild socializing and hunting, these are not things they can do in captivity. They get dead fish and often live alone or with other cetaceans they would not spend their lives with in the wild. Not to mention they lose their echolocation ability in captivity as it is no longer useful when surrounded by concrete.
In the wild, female orca live up to 90 years, on average about 50. The average lifespan of orca's in Seaworld is only 14 years. But most of them die within 3 years of being captured.

Now, I could go on for hours. But I would like to leave this link here for now. There you can read stories about some of the orca that have lived in captivity: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you love whales and dolphins: please, DON'T visit dolphinariums.

(for the record, no I am not against zoo's in general)
Back to top Go down
1claire

Country/State : California

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth EmptyTue May 14, 2019 4:53 am

The amazing gift of life, this is really an interesting video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orca Gives Birth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orca Gives Birth   Orca Gives Birth Empty

Back to top Go down

Orca Gives Birth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Zoos, aquariums and museums...-
Jump to: