Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround

Go down 
+8
scot(t)
75senta75
widukind
orcagirl26
SUSANNE
lucky luke
Ana
Kikimalou
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround Empty
PostSubject: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am

So COLLECTA is giving us this year the First Short-finned Pilot-whale toy ever... At least I still don't know another one  Wink

The model is a little bit too grey, nevertheless it has IMHO most of the characteristics of the specie. It's scale is between 1:20 and 1:35. Tintin is 1:25 on the pic below.

The Short-finned Pilot Whale (Globicephala macrorhynchus) is one of the two species of cetacean in the genus Globicephala. Their flippers are shorter than those of the Long-finned Pilot Whale, with a gentler curve on the edge. They have fewer teeth than the Long-finned Pilot Whale, with 14 to 18 on each jaw. Short-finned pilot whales are black or dark grey with a grey or white cape. They have grey or almost white patches on their bellies and throats and a grey or white stripe which goes diagonally upwards from behind each eye.
The short-finned whale has a stocky body, a bulbous forehead, no prominent beak, long flippers sharply pointed at the tip, black or dark grey color, fin set forward on body, fluke raised before deep dive, may float motionless at the surface, frequently seen in very large groups, prefers deep water, may be approached. Their diet is composed of fish, squid, and octopus.

And now some pics  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And with the SCHLEICH Bottlenose dolphin.

At last with the KAIYODO Long-finned Pilot Whale.  Suspect

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Great walkaround and very nice figure! Hurray for CollectA for introducing this species cheers Sad(o)): Thank You for sharing Kiki! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Ana wrote:
Great walkaround and very nice figure! Hurray for CollectA for introducing this species cheers Sad(o)): Thank You for sharing Kiki! cheers

cheers Sad(o)): Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:49 pm

What a beautyful, beautyful creature , and great model cheers

Thankyou for this walkaround ! Sad(o)):

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Thank you for the walkaround! I agree, he is a bit too grey but a very nice figure! Sad(o)): cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 pm

What a phantastic whale and must have !! Thank you for the pics Kiki cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Thank you all Very Happy It was for me very delicious to discover something new among the Majors prod and I think it is not the last time in 2013 drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you all Very Happy It was for me very delicious to discover something new among the Majors prod and I think it is not the last time in 2013 drunken

I hope sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

You're welcome :)
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Very nice pictures, thanks for showing!

_______
Yvette
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:30 am

As always Christophe, wonderful walk around! Thank you!

I like this model a lot and I plan to get it. But I admit, the first pictures that CollectA release made the surface texture of the figure seem a bit more attractive than it does now that I'm getting to have a slightly better look at it through your pictures. Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps I'm being absurdly fussy. It is a LOVELY sculpt and it is so exciting to have a model of the Pilot Whale.

Thank you for the great pictures!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Today cheers cheers

But i see the Kaiyodo is also named a short-finned pilot whale on his base (Globicephala macrorhynchus) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks for your pictures and information! Very Happy
I don't collect them but all my support to the brand while deciding to release it this year. Very Happy
I know some collectors of sealife are tired of buying 10 different orcas, humpback whales, dolphins, white sharks, etc. Some new species are surely important to keep the interest in this subject. Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 am

Congrats Christophe!
Very nice pictures! Thank you!
And thank you CollectA!

Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 am

Another beauty.
Christophe, I thought anyway than the one of Kaiyodo was a short finned too

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:23 pm

A BIG thanks to everyone to be here and to comment my pics I love you

scot(t) wrote:
I like this model a lot and I plan to get it. But I admit, the first pictures that CollectA release made the surface texture of the figure seem a bit more attractive than it does now that I'm getting to have a slightly better look at it through your pictures. Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps I'm being absurdly fussy. It is a LOVELY sculpt and it is so exciting to have a model of the Pilot Whale.

Scott, my pics are cruel for models, you will see things you should never see with your eyes only. I agree the skin could be better... This model have so much qualities, it is a new specie among non Japanese toys, it is true to life even if it is a bit grey and I forget to thanks COLLECTA because I rarely give my opinion before showing the pics. They did a great job. When I look at a well known German company 2013 quality, I even think COLLECTA is heroic this year Sad(o)): Go for it Wink

widukind wrote:
But i see the Kaiyodo is also named a short-finned pilot whale on his base (Globicephala macrorhynchus) Very Happy
Abu Rai wrote:
Another beauty.
Christophe, I thought anyway than the one of Kaiyodo was a short finned too

scratch scratch scratch what to tell you... Even Kikimalou in his website agreed with you Laughing Laughing Laughing Crazy macaque geek
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
A BIG thanks to everyone to be here and to comment my pics I love you

scot(t) wrote:

Scott, my pics are cruel for models, you will see things you should never see with your eyes only. I agree the skin could be better... This model have so much qualities, it is a new specie among non Japanese toys, it is true to life even if it is a bit grey and I forget to thanks COLLECTA because I rarely give my opinion before showing the pics. They did a great job. When I look at a well known German company 2013 quality, I even think COLLECTA is heroic this year Sad(o)): Go for it Wink

I agree cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 am

i just received my copy. And i like and don't like it. It's bigger than expected, but there's something wrong with the proportions of head and face. In summary, it looks more like "princess smiling beluga", although the shape isn't entirely wrong,....
maybe because the eyes are too prominent and the eyelids look more like a pony is watching you?
I think it's less strange than the narwhal-face, but still weird,...
another problem:
when i look for pilotwhale pictures, i always find get stuck on pictures like this:
Beware! bloody content
I'm not against traditions but we aren't cavemen anymore and there's surely a supermarket around. but at least: no kid needs to learn to accept such a brutal and unnecessary treatment of animals!

Last edited by PeGe on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:29 pm

PeGe wrote:

when i look for pilotwhale pictures, i always find get stuck on pictures like this:
Beware! bloody content
I'm not against traditions but we aren't cavemen anymore and there's surely a supermarket around. but at least: no kid needs to learn to accept such a brutal and unnecessary treatment of animals!

O.M.G. Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 pm

PeGe wrote:
i just received my copy. And i like and don't like it. It's bigger than expected, but there's something wrong with the proportions of head and face. Below the line, it looks more like "princess smiling beluga", although the shape isn't entirely wrong,....
maybe because the eyes are too prominent and the eyelids look more like a pony is watching you?
I think it's less strange than the narwhal-face, but still weird,...

I can't tell about the narwhal face, but sincerely I don't understand your post Philipp. The shape isn't entirely wrong... it's true it looks like a Pilot whale, at least more to a pilot whale than anything else but the pony eyes... Shocked ... I will look more closely the next pony I willencounter if it don't look at me like a Pilot whale Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:16 pm

I know it's not aal the same species, i just needed some got portraits of representing the genus.
as i said, it's definitely a pilotwhale, but there's something odd with the head, i still try to figure out what's exactly irritating me. i think it's simply all i mentioned,...maybe someone else felels the same?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 pm

scratch  I'm sorry I still think it is more a pilot whale than a little pony and I can't see what is wrong with the lower jaw.

Another pic about the eyes

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks!
I also don't know a problem about the lower jaw as i didn't mention one;-p
I can just repeat once more: the expression of the face looks too friendly and smiling to me, more than a mix of what i described before. Not entirely wrong but that tiny little mini small nearly not existing bit odd,...
check this:

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

You were only talking about the "below the line" Wink
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
You were only talking about the "below the line" Wink
cheers Very Happy Laughing ---i corrected it,....
But: pig !!! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround   The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2012 COLLECTA pilotwhale walkaround
Page 1 of 1