Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SAVANNA set from Kitan Club

Go down 
+20
Mastiffcat
baltimore zoo
Sumo
widukind
skysthelimit
aandmkw
ken yeo
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
bmathison1972
Ana
MartinH
Kikimalou
Roger
Gabe
SUSANNE
remrock02
HKHollinstone
stecal
Admin
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:23 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
But I am sure his wife mother thinks he is handsome Wink
Well, of course she does, she's blind Laughing

lol! lol! lol!

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:09 am

SUSANNE wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The only model you miss, seems to be the Grevy zebra, in the same position as the Grants zebra... Laughing
Oh, there's a naked mole rat, but I simply don't like the animal Very Happy

Laughing Laughing You are right. The poor thing is probably the ugliest animal on earth affraid
(But I am sure his wife mother thinks he is handsome Wink )

I know I am twisted, but I actually think they're kind of cute. I'd love to have a colony of them as pets, but it would take something akin to a giant ant farm to house them properly... Laughing

I have a documentary with extensive underground footage of a colony, and they are fascinating creatures. They have a rudimentary form of social hierarchy (based at least in part on age) - when they pass each other in the narrow underground corridors they inhabit, the younger mole rat crouches down very low to the ground and the elder mole rat passes above it. They are equally adept at moving backward and forward in their tunnels. They all hibernate together in a central chamber with the adults in a ring around the outside with the more vulnerable newborn and young mole rats in the center to keep the young warmer so they do not freeze and die.

Finally, I have it on good authority that they are not particularly impressed with us humans, either... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:33 am

schleich61 wrote:

Finally, I have it on good authority that they are not particularly impressed with us humans, either... Laughing
I can't blame them, really... Wink

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:59 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The only model you miss, seems to be the Grevy zebra, in the same position as the Grants zebra... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks to Phil, one adorable tiny Grevy zebra arrived to our home Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Our Grant's zebra now has a rolling buddy Laughing

Phil, thanks A LOT Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Nice party in Serbia! bom
What's the subject? A strip cartoon, a comic strip or a strip-tease? pale
Congratulations they are wonderful and really serious! What a Face
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:16 pm

drunken Congrats Robert cheers These figurines are so realistic, I wish one of the brands like Papo would attempt something like this

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Roger wrote:
Nice party in Serbia! bom
What's the subject? A strip cartoon, a comic strip or a strip-tease? pale
Congratulations they are wonderful and really serious! What a Face
Congrats Roger, it's a Breakdance, these are a puzzle animals Very Happy

Thanks Harriet, yes - that would be a treat. I still hope that some brand would use a base and make a kicking zebra

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:38 am

They are beautyful both of them, but the grewy zebra is one of the most fantastic animals Very Happy

Congratulations, and hurray for Phil cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:24 am

Welcome! Very Happy

Beautiful collection, really! cheers
Kitan Techni Colour is beautiful! sunny flower
I have to ask you, could you take a picture of comparative Schleich Zebras and Impala Kitan Techni Colour, because I want to see how big are these figures Wink
You can send pictures to my email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Razz

Regards and best wishes! flower
Daniel.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

It's very small, without a base Impala's topline is on the level with Schleich female Zebra belly

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:01 pm

You could take a picture comparison? I would ask Robert :)

Greetings! sunny
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

exactly! where's the comparison pic with the Bandai Zebra!? Very Happy

Last edited by PeGe on Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:16 pm

What ?. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:35 pm

schleich61 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Laughing Laughing You are right. The poor thing is probably the ugliest animal on earth affraid

I know I am twisted, but I actually think they're kind of cute. I'd love to have a colony of them as pets, but it would take something akin to a giant ant farm to house them properly... Laughing

I have a documentary with extensive underground footage of a colony, and they are fascinating creatures. They have a rudimentary form of social hierarchy (based at least in part on age) - when they pass each other in the narrow underground corridors they inhabit, the younger mole rat crouches down very low to the ground and the elder mole rat passes above it. They are equally adept at moving backward and forward in their tunnels. They all hibernate together in a central chamber with the adults in a ring around the outside with the more vulnerable newborn and young mole rats in the center to keep the young warmer so they do not freeze and die.

Laughing I like Your talking here Phil Laughing I think they indeed have interesting social structure, somewhat like ants. Only one female in colony has babies and other members of colony just bring food to her and her kids, then if she die others fight and strongest one become another "queen"...
But noo, I can't see their cuteness Laughing Also, I wouldn't like to be one of them to be honest Rolling Eyes pale

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:12 am

ana wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Laughing I like Your talking here Phil Laughing I think they indeed have interesting social structure, somewhat like ants. Only one female in colony has babies and other members of colony just bring food to her and her kids, then if she die others fight and strongest one become another "queen"...
But noo, I can't see their cuteness Laughing Also, I wouldn't like to be one of them to be honest Rolling Eyes pale

Yes, Ana, they are reminiscent of ant colonies in their social organization and interactions! Maybe even elements of the "hive mind" consciousness state.

Agreed, I too will prefer to stick with my current human incarnation... What a Face As for the cuteness, just squint your eyes really, really hard and look again... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Daniel!! See here!

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey,

I did not want comparisons Kitan Zebra and Schleich zebra No .. Kitan impala only Schleich zebra... bounce

Greetings. sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:13 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Hi Daniel!! See here!

Ken, thanks for showing that picture! That's very informative and shows how small and nicely detailed is that little zebra! That's a fantastic figure. The impala is a little smaller so we can see how small it is. affraid
It would be nice to see Schleich or a similar brand making that figure in a larger size without base. bounce bounce

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:40 pm

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:45 pm

OMG, Thank You Robert!!! cheers cheers cheers

Very,very much! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Greetings! sunny
Daniel.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:14 am

Ken and Robert, you are both patient and accommodating. It is kind of you.

Those are really lovely little figures. Ken, your comparison pic is fantastic; I especially love the little zebra.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:36 am

Actually, does anyone perhaps have any leads on where to get these Kitan figures from the US? I found this website:

But I'm not sure yet whether they ship to the US or whether it is a trusted site. If anyone has any information they'd be willing to put out there (or please, PM me!), I'd be eternally grateful! If not, no worries at all.

(By the way, this collection is very cool and at the same time, a bit disturbing:

no?)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:26 am

scot(t) wrote:
Ken and Robert, you are both patient and accommodating. It is kind of you.

Those are really lovely little figures. Ken, your comparison pic is fantastic; I especially love the little zebra.

Thanks Scott!!

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:21 am

scot(t) wrote:
Actually, does anyone perhaps have any leads on where to get these Kitan figures from the US?
I bought mine here
It's not from US but shipping is free Very Happy

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks Robert!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAVANNA set from Kitan Club   SAVANNA set from Kitan Club - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SAVANNA set from Kitan Club
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next