Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)

Go down 
+19
NightLioness
ezra18
Anne from Norway
Dum_my
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Carola
widukind
TheSpottedCat
sadie3112
Tarunyada
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
sortepletter
Silver Unicornis
Roger
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm

I'll gladly take that buckskin WB off your hands What a Face

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:34 pm

I just wanted to show off this conga.
See ya.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:20 pm

What a nice quadriga Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:17 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:25 pm

I got some stuff today. Among them the biggest package I have ever received! The fabric in the background is to make tack, like saddles, I think I have to give some away as I will never make use of it all  Shocked
I also got some other things, like paint and strings etc.
Too bad the marwari has an extremely bent foreleg and some cracks in the paint pale I wanted it as a replacement for my older one. My older one is also prettier in colours and dapples.
I'm to tired to unpack them today though...
As a side note, I also got this one today. Just for borrowing though. I don't think he will work well in either performance or halter as he moves around to much. He works rather well beside Elska both in colour and name. His name is Love, but it's a Swedish name that is not pronounced at all like the English word. It's kind of like... LooovE with a long O and a hard E. Apparently the name is a Swedish version of the France name Louis. He is deaf but loooves to make sounds. He sounds worse than any other cat I have ever met Razz
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:36 pm

CFongratulation for your newcomers and warm welcome to Louis cheers
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
CFongratulation for your newcomers and warm welcome to Louis cheers

Love, not Louis Razz

The little loveliness did not waste any time though, he have already broken at least one of my model horses. He set his mind on the one shelf I thought he would not touch, so I had to secure even more shelves with some daub on those too. Of course he had already broken the one horse on the shelf that actually was nib. Now it has two big white rubs, one on the nose and one on the ear. The model is black. I also packed away almost all my stablemates, except for a few I put on a high enough shelf he can't reach.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:11 am

Ahhha, the joy of having a cat cheers Laughing

Btw, I think the name is spelled Lovis in Swedish study

Ohh, - and what wonderful new models you got there Applause
And material to make tack for all the horses that you can possibly collect cheers

TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 12:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ahhha, the joy of having a cat cheers Laughing

Btw, I think the name is spelled Lovis in Swedish study

Ohh, - and what wonderful new models you got there Applause
And material to make tack for all the horses that you can possibly collect cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No, it's Love Wink
And Lovis is mostly a female name. Love is a male name.

Yeah, with so much material I can probably make full sets of tack for almost all my models Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:42 pm

I want also to welcome this wonderful cat called Ludvig? Isn't it Ludvig the name used in scandinavia to Louis? Well, in Portugal it is Luís and your cat is Love, pure love. Very Happy
According with Susanne, I am sure you can't complain of Love, if it was a yellow cat, it could be a much bigger trouble. Laughing
Congratulations also for your toy additions! cat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 3:38 pm

You know what? Just look at it all! Or... well... most of it. Some are packed away, mostly stablemates and some dogs and cats and some other things. As well as things I try to sell or custom or even just try forget cuz' oh why did I even buy it!
Anyway... everything else!

Here is my glass cabinets. Evil things, shaking like it's an earthquake every time one opens it. And the horses have a habit of... walking around if anyone walks by them with too much heel. There is no way I can have wobbly stablemates or other wobbly things in there. They are all very unorganized. They have a habit of moving around a lot, like most of my collection they don't often stay in one place all the time.
My favorite shelf! Or almost. I did use to have all my favorite traditional scale horses here, until I needed to dust and decided to try assemble them by colour instead to see how it works. I have not had the time or energy to dust since, so they have stayed like this even as newcomers have arrived. I'm looking at you chestnut tobiano morgan!
And my even more unorganized shelves. The stablemates, dogs and cats did once stand by themselves on separate shelves. I actually don't like mixing the scales up. But what to do trying to make them safe from cats? And the fact I live in a tiny apartment. At least when it comes to collecting fake animals. Do I need to say the books have been moving out from the shelves slowly? But I did actually buy them mostly for horse space. Ahh, the times when I could count the trad scale horses on one hand. Such times, such times. I'm even trying to make myself sell some off, but of course my Darling have to like the ones I try to depart with.
"But it looks so cool! It's so lively!"
Ah... well... that does not help me shrinking the amounts of horses.

Thinking of my love for palomino and flaxen horses I have far to few of them... And paints. Paints might have to do with that I'm more picky about them. The amount of greys I have nothing to say about. Or I do, but that would mean breaking my brain on English.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptySun May 15, 2016 7:58 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptySun May 15, 2016 9:08 pm

When I scrolled down and the first part of your "matched by colour" shelf showed up,
I thought it was a black and white photo!
Then came the palominos and paints and I was confused for a moment. LOL
I love those two shelves a lot.

I'm surprised your Detolfs are giving you so much misery.
I have 2 as well and they are really sturdy.  scratch
(I see your two tops are touching, but the bottoms are not. Maby they are not standing level?)

And I personally like the mixing of scales on a shelf.
It gives dept, drama and more detail, because you keep finding new things to look at.

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:54 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
When I scrolled down and the first part of your "matched by colour" shelf showed up,
I thought it was a black and white photo!
Then came the palominos and paints and I was confused for a moment. LOL
I love those two shelves a lot.

I'm surprised your Detolfs are giving you so much misery.
I have 2 as well and they are really sturdy.  scratch
(I see your two tops are touching, but the bottoms are not. Maby they are not standing level?)

And I personally like the mixing of scales on a shelf.
It gives dept, drama and more detail, because you keep finding new things to look at.

Funny! About the black and white photo thing Smile

Yeah, our floor are uneven, even as we tried to put things under the cabinets to level them out a bit. It's a really old house. We had the same thing going on with the bigger shelves. I want to try move the cabinets, but the Darling don't think they will fit anywhere else. On the other hand, Darling hate to change things if it can be avoided. I still think they are behaving way worse than what is necessary.

To me it mostly just looks cluttered, and I guess my mom and the IKEA catalogs are haunting around in my mind Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

If you could find acrylic steps/displays for you Detolfs, the shelves wouldn't look crowded anymore.
It's just a pain to find them....

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:16 pm

I actually want to find something like that, especially for the cabinets. But I have yet to find any.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 4:22 pm

What a gorgeous collection! I love how you have the Trads displayed by color, it looks very cool Very Happy

I have the same glass cabinets Laughing My horses don't move on the shelves, at least that I noticed, but the shelves do rock when you walk by or open the door. On my newer cabinet, the glass panel of the door is slightly warped so it won't close all the way on the bottom without pressing the magnets together by yourself.

You can try getting a museum putty especially if you want to put SMs in there. I have a pack of Quake Hold but I don't know if it's available in Sweden. Just search for museum putty, it holds the horses in place perfectly but also comes off easily and without damaging little hooves.

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Thank you Embarassed

I did use another kind of that often are used to put papers on the wall for example. I used it on my trad, classic scale horses and for my plants to help them survive the cat visit.
Museum putty might work better for smaller things. Thank you for the tip.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:25 pm

You have very beautiful shelves, it is pleasant to see your collection! Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Happy to help Very Happy

Last night I rearranged my collection by color like yours bounce But of course yours looks so much nicer!

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 10:02 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Happy to help Very Happy

Last night I rearranged my collection by color like yours bounce But of course yours looks so much nicer!

Embarassed

Mind sharing photos of your obviously inferior shelf decorations? Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 2:29 am

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 am

Congratulations

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:12 am

I love this SM mold drunken Congratulations!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next