Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)

Go down 
+19
NightLioness
ezra18
Anne from Norway
Dum_my
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Carola
widukind
TheSpottedCat
sadie3112
Tarunyada
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
sortepletter
Silver Unicornis
Roger
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Eeeee! I want a PS Chips mule so bad! You got a nice one there!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:40 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Eeeee! I want a PS Chips mule so bad! You got a nice one there!

Yes, it's one of my favorite Peter Stone molds :)

Some more old additions. All apart from the last one is classic scale. I actually have another morgan but in a different colour. I will take a photo of it someday and show you guys.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Actually want to have this one resculptured and repainted. But I'm not good enough for it :/ The fringe is so ugly. I'd want the tail, mane and fringe longer and repaint it into a liver flaxen chestnut with some white on the legs and a snip and star.
And my two beauties. If anybody ever have any extras they want to get rid off, no matter colours, you know who to ask. It's so sad the molds are retired.

And here to the most expensive thing I ever bought in horse way. My New Love <3 the Peter Stone traditional tennessee walker horse, Arthur.
I'm so in love with this crazy thing I actually cried then receiving it. He's so beautiful. He would totally deserve his own post. He's number 48 out of 58.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:15 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:41 pm

I adore the PS TWH. My favorite PS mold. Arthur is a stunning paintjob on the mold cheers

I think you can give the CM a try! It's not difficult, and it's very hard to ruin the model. If you have a reference photo of what you want to do I can try to help you Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Great congratz again Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:54 am

It is great to see all enthusiasm a figure can give to a person. Crying of joy is a very good feeling. Congratulations! Very Happy

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 9:48 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I adore the PS TWH. My favorite PS mold. Arthur is a stunning paintjob on the mold cheers

I think you can give the CM a try! It's not difficult, and it's very hard to ruin the model. If you have a reference photo of what you want to do I can try to help you Very Happy

He's my fave mold too! Probably why I got him and not any other. In combination with the colours and markings to, of course.
I think it is difficult :'D My hands are always so shaky and it is so hard to find air-drying clay that works, my biggest issue actually. And I have already ruined several models ^^'' and ruined clay too...

Roger wrote:
It is great to see all enthusiasm a figure can give to a person. Crying of joy is a very good feeling.  Congratulations! Very Happy

Thanks, Roger ^^ It's might have been a combination of having it rough and having the feelings building up at the time. But I'm not regretting getting him. If anything it means I really like it, rather than the times I almost not reacting at all and just put them in the nearest shelf without hardly looking at them.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:01 pm

TheSpottedCat wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

He's my fave mold too! Probably why I got him and not any other. In combination with the colours and markings to, of course.
I think it is difficult :'D My hands are always so shaky and it is so hard to find air-drying clay that works, my biggest issue actually. And I have already ruined several models ^^'' and ruined clay too...
Air-dry clays probably aren't the best for model horse customizing - I highly recommend Magic Sculpt. It takes a bit to get used to working with it but it's great Very Happy It's a two-part clay that you have to mix together but it's very easy to do.

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:10 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
TheSpottedCat wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

Air-dry clays probably aren't the best for model horse customizing - I highly recommend Magic Sculpt. It takes a bit to get used to working with it but it's great Very Happy It's a two-part clay that you have to mix together but it's very easy to do.

No? Well, at least the ones I tried yet. Does Magic Sculpt dry if not mixed? Or just when mixed?
Mind if I ask how one can keep the clay from being "hollow" when for example building a leg or tail around a piece of wire? I can never get it to stick to any surface I want it to, only the ones it's not supposed to touch.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 5:37 pm

TheSpottedCat wrote:

No? Well, at least the ones I tried yet. Does Magic Sculpt dry if not mixed? Or just when mixed?
Mind if I ask how one can keep the clay from being "hollow" when for example building a leg or tail around a piece of wire? I can never get it to stick to any surface I want it to, only the ones it's not supposed to touch.

Magic Sculpt and similar products are much more sturdy Very Happy Magic Sculpt will start to harden within a few hours after being mixed, but the two parts do need to be kept airtight to keep them from going bad. Yes, they do need to be mixed together to be used. Magic Sculpt is the only two-part clay that can be smoothed with water as well, other products need a special smoothing agent, so that's helpful too.

I wrap masking tape or painter's tape around the wire to build up structure. That might be your issue. There's not much of anything for the clay to stick to, so adding that extra surface area will do the trick.

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:46 pm

LeeAnn wrote:

Magic Sculpt and similar products are much more sturdy Very Happy Magic Sculpt will start to harden within a few hours after being mixed, but the two parts do need to be kept airtight to keep them from going bad. Yes, they do need to be mixed together to be used. Magic Sculpt is the only two-part clay that can be smoothed with water as well, other products need a special smoothing agent, so that's helpful too.

I wrap masking tape or painter's tape around the wire to build up structure. That might be your issue. There's not much of anything for the clay to stick to, so adding that extra surface area will do the trick.

Does apoxie sculpt work just like magic sculpt?

I need to buy some new clay the next time I order from MPV. I'm much better at just making manes than doing legs. Now I'm reeaaally exited too get myself some new clay. Not that exited trying to do tails thought...
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Yep, that's the same type of clay Very Happy

I'm not good at manes and tails, but the more you practice the better you'll get!

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:59 pm

I woke up happy and rested today! Let's celebrate by showing off some new and kinda-sorta-new additions  cheers

The new Best of Britain stablemates! I finally have the Suffolk Punch. I finally have one of the highland pony mold. The shetland ponys colour and markings are most lovely.
And the clydesdale's colours suit it very much too. I actually wanted all of these molds in Original Finish and now I do  Smile I love them all.
That's actually surprising as I often avoid buying stablemates in packs as I rarely like all of the molds and colours.
You get an awesome poster with British breeds one it too, painted and with some small info written on it. I really want to frame it and hang it somewhere.
Here, have some draft comparison with Peter Stone, Penny-Club and one other Breyer.
And talking about packs. Got this new donkey yesterday. It's not white, it's not grey, it's actually silver  Shocked
You guy's can have some lazy photography of these beauties too. Just cuz'.
And one even more lazy of this one! Yes, it is possible. I can be lazy for laziness sake, not just for real reasons.
Have not yet decided if I want to remove it from the package yet. So this is all you get for now, sorry.
It have some lovely dapples thought. Even if I'd liked to have more of them.
I'm in the flow. Let's show some more, yes?
Have some more rather old additions. They are even out of their boxes!
Mr Pink is my fiances favorite Breyer when asked. I'm surprised. I believed it would be some of the draft stablemates.
But that might have to do with the need to actually look through my row of models. And that's too boring  Rolling Eyes
Newer but now kinda old additions, sort of.
Polo Pony and Frankel! My big but small conga. Hard to take photos off. Very shiny boxes you know.
Their eyes are very differently painted. Frankels are just... black. Can you see it?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:38 pm

WOW !  They are magnificent cheers

I don't want to look any more Shocked  Because I don't collect Breyer, I don't collect Breyer, I dont, I really dont collect ..... What a Face

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

I cannot wait until the Best of British series is available here in the US. bounce Need that Suffolk here and I want to see the Newsworthy in person - I'm not a huge fan of the mold but the color looks nice, I'm just not sure I like the combination yet.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:23 am

Breyers invasion here and I am afraid in Denmark too once it seems Susanne is not collecting them! affraid Laughing Wonderful figures! :)

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:39 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !  They are magnificent cheers

I don't want to look any more Shocked  Because I don't collect Breyer, I don't collect Breyer, I dont, I really dont collect ..... What a Face

Thank you  Smile
Yeah, you "don't" "collect" Breyer  Wink

LeeAnn wrote:
I cannot wait until the Best of British series is available here in the US. bounce Need that Suffolk here and I want to see the Newsworthy in person - I'm not a huge fan of the mold but the color looks nice, I'm just not sure I like the combination yet.

I'm not the biggest fan of Newsworthy either. But he is nicer in person. Just wish he had some white markings on his legs. Don't think I get a conga going on with him thought  Smile

Roger wrote:
Breyers invasion here and I am afraid in Denmark too once it seems Susanne is not collecting them! affraid Laughing Wonderful  figures! :)

Who doesn't want an invasion of Breyers bounce Breyers for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:17 am

Really nice new additions!
Love those stabelmates!
and i think unboxing some thimes can be stipped Embarassed
But i also like some of the horses in their box sow who am i Razz
And if you collect what you love i think there is no shame in one more .. ore 2 ore 3 ... What a Face

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:48 am

Love the Connemara Newsworthy Very Happy I have thought of getting him... I really like his colouring!

TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Carola wrote:
Love the Connemara Newsworthy Very Happy I have thought of getting him... I really like his colouring!

You should, I think the colour is really pretty too. I just wish he had some kind of markings on his legs :)

Here is a photo I forgot last time... Shasta Moon, collector's choice from 2009.
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Trying to go through my collection and show things I have not shown yet. I'm so slow.
Took these photos when I was cleaning. So I had to move them all around anyway.

Aurelius. Present from my darling I love you  I love you  I love you  Not by surprise of course,
far to hard to know what I have, don't have, but most important, want  Wink
Some friends of mine wondered if he was made of porcelain.
Champagne Toast. I was not planing to buy him, but just had to when he showed up with pretty much no shipping cost.
I'm so glad I did. I really fell in love with him, and even if my love for different horses often differ, he (and Aurelius) are
the kind I think won't go away. I just feel the heart "jump" when I look at him.
I really think these two look amazing together. So I try to always have them stand together.
Copperfox Celtic Warrior.
Copperfox Connemara Buckskin SR. I really wish I taken the dark grey instead thought.
As it's not up on the site as a regular run, I'm afraid it won't show up.
The connemara is my favorite of the copperfox horses.
Dapple grey stallion. I'm still unsure if I want to keep this one.
Some rearing lads.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Love Aurelius I love you I have to show mine more often, he never makes it into the string for some reason Very Happy

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 10:55 am

Beautifull eddetions!
Congrats.
those rearing boy;s are very nice, nice pictures also :)

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: