Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion

Go down 
+6
Roger
MartinH
Menphis
SUSANNE
Carola
SyLoBe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion Empty
PostSubject: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 pm

I got them some weeks ago but I felt to lazy to upload the pics!

The appaloosa mare:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hum... What to say... Odd blanket. Unrealistic and bad, BAD limited. Too straight. Compare with the old appaloosa (here with the big blanket version):

In addition, her mammary gladns are where the belly button should be! Sad

The stallion looks a bit better:

More blended marking limits, but not good enough for my taste.

Here the new appy adults with the old appies, the big blanket version with the mare, and the small blanket version with the stally. As you can see, the older look more natural:

The filly looks... cute. Her glands have the same problem as her mum´s. Hooves too big, and square muzzle. Not well done varnish markings on shoulder... Cute. That´s the word. Her face reminds me a mule foal rather than a horse foal.

----------

Now, the Hannos, mum and son. I like them. Not very pleased with the braided mane, but meh... not so bad. Fortunatey, mum´s glads are on their place :) Maybe the colt has too thin head, but he´s well done too.

The only thing I don´t like is:

Where has the originality gone?

----------

The Shire foal is awesome. The detail of the foal fur in transition is so cool! I wouldn´t have had any criticism about this figurine if it had a gender xD It doesn´t have neither mammary glands nor sheath. So I had to decide, she´s going to be a filly.

The other Shire filly...

Looks like a big headed 2 yo Shire filly with too long feathering and too thin body. I don´t like the beard, I don´t like the braided mane, I don´t like the braided tail, and I don´t like her body. The Clyde mare i smaller and has bigger body (and she´s gt good proportions):

--------

The last one for now is the Haflinger mare.

Not bad, but looks more like a Connemara. Mine is going to be shown as that, a palomino Connneamara mare. Compare with the other haflingers:

She´s lighter and round shaped than Haflingers. But... What the hell are those flowers on the tail, and all those braids? I definitely don´t like them. With propper mane and tail would look much better.

That´s all for today :) More to come!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Thank you very much for sharing great photos, and I loved reading your opinions Very Happy

I'm surprised how nice the old retired appaloosa is (as it is not part of my collection).

Now the Shire Mare has been discussed till the end of time (as I'll love her till the end of time I love you )
And yes, she does have some proportional issues, especially the very large head. The rest must be a question of taste, as many of the 2013 Schleich have been decorated with braids.
But it seems many of them lost their horseshoes. That's a nice variation, and nice for the appys too, making them a little more "wild".

Looking forward to see and hear more cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Wonderful discussion and pictures, Silvia   Applause

What country is your Appaloosa mare made in ?
Mine is made in Germany and painted more like the stallion is  scratch

I agree 100 %, the Shire foal is WONDERFUL  cheers
And like Carola, I have begun to have special protective feelings for his mom , THE Princess  drunken

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Menphis

Menphis

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 am

Wow cheers
Fantastic pics and Opinion
Thank you for sharing, I have all schleich 2013 horses and I love the shire mare. lol!

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 pm

I just can´t help it... I hate braids on new horses Sad

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Silvia, thanks for great presentation. flower
My opinion is known and it is not positive. Those are poor horse representations and too much targeted to young girls. I think, knowing the diversity of collectors of all ages collecting these figures that Schleich shouldn't exagerated as the brand did and should have more respect for a good tradition making horse figures. It is incredible that amount of reviews we can find in the Internet, always under the mark "braided horses", always from someone that received them from a distributor or the brand and always making comments saying how nice they are to little girls. We created her here a character called Princess, the figure is pretty but obviously extremly childish. I think good replicas are also suitable to little girls, they don't have to be almost silly. I agree with you, some of these little details like flowers and so were dispensable. Though, there are some classic excuses to buy them: perhaps... they are not as bad as in catalogue pictures. It means that they are bad but not too much. Laughing maybe because some people make some bad comments and I am starting loving it . Another good excuse is because our Schleich album is not complete without them and I hate when it is missing some stickers. A collectors feeling indeed. Well, all these excuses represent a kind of love and love is the best excuse. The only point that I don't appreciate is when someone starts to think about them as good equine figures when it is obvious to these persons that they are not. This is not love anymore, just an inconsequent fanatism.
My niece love little ponies but she never commented that they are realistic. That's the love that pushes people to buy this kind of figures and a very positive feeling whichever the age is, so, excuses aren't needed. As Suebeedo wisely commented a long time ago, "I love Schleich just because I love their childish style" - a fair comment. cheers

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:07 pm

I also love My Little Pony (but the oldest ones, not the new ones) and it´s obvious they are not realistic :) And I do like Schleich horses, if not, i wouldn´t have bought them Wink I´m only doing some comments about them.

When I want realistic horses I go for other brands, like Breyer.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 pm

SyLoBe wrote:

I´m only doing some comments about them.

The part I'm quoting is the most important for me. I am very glad you're commenting them and I enjoy your presentation. I am just eager to see more even I am not a big enthusiast of these figures. Though I love to read comments, discuss opinions, watching pictures. I like this subject, if not, I wouldn't comment! Laughing flower

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 11:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

What country is your Appaloosa mare made in ?
Mine is made in Germany and painted more like the stallion is scratch

Mine was made in China :/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Thank you for discussing your opinion))

It seems not only me is buying those Schleich figures because "Without them the collection isn't complete by now":)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I like all the 2013 horses, exept for the Shire stallion (WEIRD plastic). I emailed Schleich and complaind about him and a few other older horses who's plastic they changed, and they said they changed it to a TPE plastic (that is supposed to be "high quality") for models that fall over because of their poses (Why did they make them with those poses in the first place than?!). So I'm kind of mad about that, I really like the Shire stallion, but it's not worth the money for such light plastic, my cat could chew his legs! And the Appaloosa mares neck and head looks weird No
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks for the great pictures and comments. Congratulations on adding these to your collection.
Back to top Go down
SchleichLover741<3

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:54 am

The new haflinger mare is too girly she's pretty but I mean really, flowers??? tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion   Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

Some 2013 horses: photos and personal opinion
Page 1 of 1