Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses

Go down 
+10
koniminiatures
Sumo
Roger
ReinbowSchleich
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Taos
widukind
Silver Unicornis
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Two new horses from Safari in 2013  Very Happy

The palomino looks exactly like a miniature of the one from "Blue Ribbon" .
And that is fine, because I think it is a very nice model  Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A lipizzian  . Calm and nice model, I think.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As often with Safari, the painting lacks a bit of refinement ( esp. eyes and shoes) and detail.
Well, I like the Safari horses better and better as I get used to them  Wink

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:02 pm

I especially like the palomino. I didn't buy the Blue Ribbon one when it was available, so I'll buy this one when I have the opportunity :)
The Lipizzaner doesn't really look like a Lipizzaner to me, but he's nice too.

Do you mind If I share these photo on Polish model horse forum? :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Wonderful new horses for your stud cheers cheers cheers cheers Congratulations cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Thankyou, Andreas, always fast and kind cheers

Mangalarga wrote:

The Lipizzaner doesn't really look like a Lipizzaner to me, but he's nice too.

Do you mind If I share these photo on Polish model horse forum? :)

Of course you are wellcome to use my pictures Wink
Thankyou for asking Very Happy

Well, the lipizzianers are getting more and more like ordinary riding horses, ( sigh !!! Crying or Very sad ), but at least he has the powerful neck and slanted shoulder scratch

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Love the Palamino,great model again form Safari! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 pm

I like palomino, especially his mane and tail. Also nice pose and pretty color Very Happy Only his face has kind of "sharp" modelling and geometrically painted blaze make this sculpting style more visible, do you feel it too? scratch
In general he looks really nice, I like him a lot more than the Schleich version Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Congrats! Those are great horses.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 am

It's nice to see a picture of the Lipizzaner in person! I ordered him yesterday, now I'm even more exited to get him! And I'm very happy to find out that there is a Safari Palomino in Schleich scale! I thought they only made Blue Ribbon sized ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Horses are nice! Though, as it is important for me to know the exact species of a wildlife figure, I get always curious to know which breed horses are. So, it is a little irritating when a brand call a horse color without respective breed. It would be nice to know from our horse experts, which breed this Palomino fits if it is possible? Honestly, it doesn't look to me any of breeds that develope this color. But, obviously, Safari based it in a real horse, it is only my inexperienced eye. geek Very Happy
Incredible also how many Lipizzans we are seeing these days. It turned in a very popular breed. Thanks for your great pictures, Susanne! flower

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Roger wrote:
It would be nice to know from our horse experts, which breed this Palomino fits if it is possible? Honestly, it doesn't look to me any of breeds that develope this color.
I was thinking about it and I would say this horse could be an Azteca. Azteca breed has been developed in Maxico and the USA by crossbreeding mainly Quarter Horses and Andalusians, as well as Lusitanos, Mexican Criollos and Paint Horses (the last one is allowed in the US only). They can be of any solid colour, pinto patterns are accepted only in the USA.
Safari Palomino is quite muscled (Quarter Horse feature) and has very wavy mane and tail (often seen in Andalusian horses). Palomino colour is possible in both foundation breeds, but is more common in Quarter Horses. So, if I was to choose a specific breed for this model, Azteca would be my choice :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Great minds think alike... I show my Blue Ribbon one as an Azteca (or I will, once his makeover is done), because there's that compact stock horse body shape without the extreme overmuscling you tend to see in QHs. I think she could work as any number of Iberian/Barb-derived stock breeds (Argentine Criollo if she got a really wild paintjob?), but for my money Azteca's the obvious choice

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:14 pm

They're quite nice. At last a version of the Blue Ribbon palomino that I can maybe afford.

The Lipizzan reminds me quite a bit of Brigitte Eberl's Favina, a sister breed (Kladruber) resin...

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Sumo wrote:
Great minds think alike... I show my Blue Ribbon one as an Azteca (or I will, once his makeover is done), because there's that compact stock horse body shape without the extreme overmuscling you tend to see in QHs. I think she could work as any number of Iberian/Barb-derived stock breeds (Argentine Criollo if she got a really wild paintjob?), but for my money Azteca's the obvious choice
Hi five! Laughing
I wanted to buy BR Palomino and show her as Azteca too, before she was retired and hard to find/expensive.
I'm not sure if Criollo can have such wavy mane and tail. Maybe with customized long hair it would look more like a Criollo to me :)

Blog | Facebook

Last edited by Mangalarga on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm a little uncertain about that myself - most I've seen have been hogged and short-tailed - but if you allow for a little pre-show plaiting I think wavy hair is plausible.

Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 am

I'd say the Palomino is a Tennessee Walker :) This one looks just like him/her:

Last edited by ReinbowSchleich on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am

Thank you for lovely photos Susanne Very Happy And comparison with the Schleich very relevant, I hoped for such one as I scrolled down your story, and ta-dah cheers

Schleich is clearly much 'softer'. And like Ana have mentioned, the Safari horses have very typical and a bit harsh features, especially in their faces, it seems to be a style for all of them, making them look quite similar. Maybe a little too much... ? The artist surely shines through. But that's not wrong either. The same goes for Deborah's CollectA horses, we know.

Very nice horses indeed! Palomino she looks very charming I love you (it is a she, right?)
I hope they will also make the Blue Ribbon Gypsy Vanner in a small version bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Palamino look much better than Schleich!

Congrats Susanne!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Roger wrote:
It would be nice to know from our horse experts, which breed this Palomino fits if it is possible? Honestly, it doesn't look to me any of breeds that develope this color.

I was thinking about it and I would say this horse could be an Azteca. Azteca breed has been developed in Maxico and the USA by crossbreeding mainly Quarter Horses and Andalusians, as well as Lusitanos, Mexican Criollos and Paint Horses (the last one is allowed in the US only). They can be of any solid colour, pinto patterns are accepted only in the USA.
Safari Palomino is quite muscled (Quarter Horse feature) and has very wavy mane and tail (often seen in Andalusian horses). Palomino colour is possible in both foundation breeds, but is more common in Quarter Horses. So, if I was to choose a specific breed for this model, Azteca would be my choice :)

Very interesting, Magda! suddenly the figure turned much more interesting in my way of viewing these figures. A palomino doesn't mean anything to me but a palomino Azteca already tells me anything. I like also the reasons you're giving us to justify your choice. cheers

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:35 am

You know, Roger, in model horse hobby, especially if a person wants to show their models in live shows, or photo shows, it's important that the model had assigned a breed it actually resembles. It's because the models are (or at least should be) judged on the basis of real breed standards. So I'm trying to pay attention to such things when someone asks for help in breed assignment :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 am

These models seem to be nicer in real life than I used to think. Thank you for the pics.

However, the lippi horse has too strange legs.
And that's great, now we have three versions of the palomino equine in 3 different scales! Cool)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Congrats Susanne. Interesting convo about the companies naming some horses in colour not breed. I also find this annoying. But it's great to hear some of our more experienced horse collecting members opinion on which breed they think the model resembles.

Magda and/or Daria (and any other horsey experts), any opinions on what breed the Schleich palomino looks like?

PostSubject: Re: Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses    Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Palomino and Lipizzaner horses 2013 Safari Ltd Winner's Circle Horses
Page 1 of 1